hotel's bathtub water pipe bursts and floods the living room area

ultimate weapon

This is to inform you guys what happened to me when i was staying in chateau de bangkok at ploenchit area. I was sleeping around 12:30am and heard some loud noises of water coming out from the pipes at my bathroom area. They were very loud but of course i didn't know what they were and went back to bed. Anyway i woke up around 1 hour later and to my horror i find my feet drenched in like 2 inches of water around my bed. I took some pictures and a video. The room lights could work either probably short circuited. Anyway i call reception they call up some maintainence people and they manage to get me a new room and move my stuff there. Still it's just plain ridiculous that this happens. I understand this hotel is pretty old compared to the other hotels. Room located on the 8th floor.

I will post the video later after uploading.

i find it crazy that there wasn't an apology at all and i actually had to go downstairs to the reception and show the reception girl the pictures before she gave some sheepish smile and a half hearted wai.

Your opinions guys

7WGU57eh.jpg

4jzW76kh.jpg

PFPe12Oh.jpg

VWgNUeqh.jpg

5Wz6rU6h.jpg

Edited by ultimate weapon

You heard water but failed to check for an hour? And you have not been asked to pay for damages? This was before your 100 baht taxi ride?

U know noises of water running through the pipes? How would i know where those noises come from? They could have come from someone's flushing toilet or shower. You don't expect me to open up the bathtub tile to look would you?

Of course i wasn't asked to pay. It's not my fault.

• Like 1

You will stay in cheap places ......

I always stay at the Sheraton or Marriot depending on which has the VIP royal suite available.

Had a bathroom tap dripping once ........ they fixed it immediately. Should I have asked for an apology ? ....... whistling.gif

Why do you require an apology ?

Khun farang suffers loss of face.

A "sorry" would have been nice, but under the circumstances not the first thing I would have worried about.

i find my feet drenched in like 2 inches of water around my bed. I took some pictures and a video. The room lights could work either probably short circuited.

And probably if I were standing in water I wouldn't have tried fiddling with the light switches.

Edited by Suradit69

You should have ran down stairs, hailed a taxi, instructed the driver to take you to HomePro or similar, bought and new braided hose, an adjustable spanner and some colour matched grout for the stone. Next you should have rushed back, fixed the broken pipe and grouted the stone back in place neatly. Once that's done, you'll probably have time for a short nap while the grout dries. After your nap, you should be able to clean up any dodgy areas and fix the bits you missed with the grout. Work as quickly as possible otherwise you'll miss check out time and have to pay for another 24hours.

Actually, never mind, pay for another day. That floor will need to be stripped. Head off to Homepro again and get some flat scrapers, 80 grit, 220 sand paper, rubber gloves, a face mask or two and possibly some knee pads. Also get some paint stripper as well as a good quality two part polyurethane lacquer - don't forget matching thinner and buy the best quality brushes you can afford for good results.

On the way back, stop by a market and round up a few locals at 500 baht each. You'll need them to help move the furniture into the corridor while you do the floor. You will also need to provide Som-tam and at least two large Leo's each.

Spread the paint stripper over the entire floor and leave it for about 30 minutes. Then use the scrapers to remove the varnish. Simply sand the entire floor with 80 grit first (with the grain only) then 220 grit. Have the maid come in and give it a quick once over with the vacuum cleaner then wipe the whole place down with thinner. Apply a coat of polyurethane to the now perfect looking floor. Wait about 24 hours (best you book another day or two at the front desk) give it a light sand with the 220 grit and another wipe down with thinner before applying another coat. This process ought to be repeated at least until there are 3 coats as a minimum. Be sure to tip the maid for vacuuming and keep the front desk appraised of you progress and expected duration of stay.

As far as feeding yourself, the desk that is in the corridor could more than likely be used as long as you inform room service with a hand drawn map first.

Once you are satisfied with the quality of finish on the floor is adequate, you can go back to the market and get the same guys to help put all of the furniture back into the room. This will cost the same amount of cash but double in Leo and Som-tam this time around as they will by now have decided that more people are required to ensure no scratches are made on the floor.

Hotel room prices are calculated in square feet in Thailand, therefore since you have been living on your furniture in the corridor for the duration of repairs, in actual fact you have been lucky enough to have had a larger space. You will be charged extra for this privilege. Hopefully you don't waste too much time and get the floor repaired quickly and efficiently thus reducing any further little inconveniences.

If none of the above suits, you could just go to the other room they offered you, stop whining, consider investigating the sound of rushing water as opposed to ignoring it and be done with it.

r

There are quite a few trades involved in this work, the debate would be in which order to add them to the work permit

• Like 1

I think you are a noise maker. A pipe burst. That can happen. Shit happens. Dont make such a fuss out of it. Its because of people like you that foreigners get a bad name. As you probably feel veing a gentleman it would have been for you to behave like a gentleman.

It seems most of us don't agree on your reaction.