So You Think Thailand is Safe?

bowerboy

I can't blame it on the Brits. I think Thailand is as bad for others too.

If I'm looking at the chart correctly, there are about 40 times as many Brits living in the US as there are in Thailand, and yet the number who need consular assistance in each country is about the same. There are about 4 times as many British tourists to the US as Thailand, yet the numbers needing assistance are about the same.

I have always thought Thailand is dangerous not just physically but financially. Accidents, scams, etc. can leave a person stranded.

• Like 2

If I'm looking at the chart correctly, there are about 40 times as many Brits living in the US as there are in Thailand, and yet the number who need consular assistance in each country is about the same. There are about 4 times as many British tourists to the US as Thailand, yet the numbers needing assistance are about the same.

I have always thought Thailand is dangerous not just physically but financially. Accidents, scams, etc. can leave a person stranded.

I think you are missing the point. British women go to the USA and British men go to Thailand. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I think you are missing the point. British women go to the USA and British men go to Thailand. thumbsup.gif
Really???

That being said I would totally understand why British ladies would go to the US. 4 times more Brits go to the US but Thailand has 5 times the number of rapes. The US would need to have around 45 British female rapes just to be even with Thailand.

Really???

That being said I would totally understand why British ladies would go to the US. 4 times more Brits go to the US but Thailand has 5 times the number of rapes. The US would need to have around 45 British female rapes just to be even with Thailand.

Just from my experience with Brits in the USA they were almost always couples and/or families as opposed to single men who were not the creme de la creme of posh British society vacationing in Thailand.

My point was that it is not Thailand that is dangerous but the tourists who come to Thailand that are dangerous.

Harrasment of the tourists

http://www.wowasis.com/travelblog/?p=6098

I know it's extreme but (re your article) some may want to abstain from drugs a bit before coming to Thailand and while they are here.

This is random

Nothing to do with drugs.

And where else they will nick u from the street or taxi

Looking for extortions that is

The title of your article, "Travel warning Thailand: Bangkok police accelerate random visitor urine tests,"

One has little to worry about from a drug test if one is not taking drugs.biggrin.png

Really???

Just from my experience with Brits in the USA they were almost always couples and/or families as opposed to single men who were not the creme de la creme of posh British society vacationing in Thailand.

My point was that it is not Thailand that is dangerous but the tourists who come to Thailand that are dangerous.

OR, It's the dangerous things in Thailand that attract the dodgy tourists. I don't know.

Harrasment of the tourists

http://www.wowasis.com/travelblog/?p=6098

I know it's extreme but (re your article) some may want to abstain from drugs a bit before coming to Thailand and while they are here.

This is random

The title of your article, "Travel warning Thailand: Bangkok police accelerate random visitor urine tests,"

One has little to worry about from a drug test if one is not taking drugs.biggrin.png

Its not that

Its harrasment

Someone was stoped twice a day...

If no ID they arrest you...

Really???

Firstly, I think the title of this thread should be

Is Thailand safe from Britons laugh.png

all fun aside, both Thailiketoo and NeverSure, are in a way right, though one is neversuretongue.png

raw data taken out of context is useless .

Different people go to different places for different reasons and are exposed to different dangers

Edited by sirineou

This is random

Its not that

Its harrasment

Someone was stoped twice a day...

If no ID they arrest you...

I lived in Bangkok for a year and still travel there and no one has ever stopped me. If you look like the Sharkey you might get stopped. The law says carry ID; I carry ID. Hadley harassment in a foreign country.

• Like 1

Really???

so let me get this right.... The majority of Brits who come to Thailand are male but yet the number of rapes are 5 time more than in the US. So you are saying that many British men get raped in Thailand?

Really???

OR, It's the dangerous things in Thailand that attract the dodgy tourists. I don't know.

What is dangerous that would attract dodgy tourists? 99% of the problems are related to alcohol or drugs.

If one is a drunk or druggy Thailand is not a good place to holiday.

• Like 1

Looking at those numbers a British lady would have to be crazy to come to Thailand. 2 rapes in the US with 3,500,000 + British tourists compared to 11 rapes in Thailand with a little over 900,000 tourists. Unbelievable !!! You would think with all the Thai girls for sell rape would not be a problem. I guess not ....

Edited by ttthailand

Really???

so let me get this right.... The majority of Brits who come to Thailand are male but yet the number of rapes are 5 time more than in the US. So you are saying that many British men get raped in Thailand?

That's their story and they are sticking with it... thumbsup.gif

Looking at those numbers a British lady would have to be crazy to come to Thailand. 2 rapes in the US with 3,500,000 + British tourists compared to 11 rapes in Thailand with a little over 900,000 tourists. Unbelievable !!! You would think with all the Thai girls for sell rape would not be a problem. I guess not ....

I think you will find, if you study it, that rape is a crime of violence and not sex so it has nothing to do with Thai girls for sale.

I wonder how many British women going to the US, attend Fool Moon Parties, get drank out of their heads and pass out on the beach?