Concerns arise over hiring private English teachers who may be on the run in Thailand

webfact

You pay peanuts you'll mostly get monkeys, or pedos and all manner of scum that cant hold down a job in a society with proper standards and appropriate salaries for teaching professionals. A corrupt messed up system also attracts similar levels of quality humans.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Everyone, not just expat English teachers, who have contact with children (Up 2- 16yrs) , should be police cleared either from their state or country of origin and issue with a working with Children Cert from the relevant Thai authority , renewed each year , Thai's are not immune to fiddling with children either, so, Thailand come up to international standards , everyone on the same page Please.coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif width=32 alt=coffee1.gif> ..

Nice attempt to divert the OP from the fact that this is an American paedophile with offences in the US and Thailand. This is not about alleged Thai offenders.

I point out that Thai's are not immune from fiddling with children because otherwise what's the point in a working with children cert, In all area's of Thai where children are concerned everyone should have this Cert , not just confined to Expats , otherwise under your theory only Expats are inclined to muck around with kids and Thai's are pure..

Farang teachers get really paid very low in Thailand so it will attract a lot of scums that would work for 20-30k a month.

If the Thai's would pay 50+ they might could attract some real teachers.

You didn't have to post this rubbish twice. Thais. Not Thai's. There, a free lesson for you.

• Like 1

"The illness could be responsible for his ability to pass off as a reliable English teacher on the one hand and a sexual predator on the other."

Hilarious misunderstanding!

Yes if you want to be a rapist or a reliable english teacher or both it would be to your advantage to be bipolar first.

Everyone, not just expat English teachers, who have contact with children (Up 2- 16yrs) , should be police cleared either from their state or country of origin and issue with a working with Children Cert from the relevant Thai authority , renewed each year , Thai's are not immune to fiddling with children either, so, Thailand come up to international standards , everyone on the same page Please.coffee1.gif ..

Nice attempt to divert the OP from the fact that this is an American paedophile with offences in the US and Thailand. This is not about alleged Thai offenders.

Yes. American Paedophile, and not English! This is where the Thais do not know whether to use the word 'farang' or 'caucasian', American or British, or French or German, ad infinitum!

He was an American teacher, not an English teacher.

It's about time Thailand stopped using the word 'farang', and started to recognise individual Western countries people are actually from!

I am not 'farang' (pertaining to French). I am British, and always will be. Pisses me off all this misidentification, and we're all grouped into one.

I'm gonna start using the word 'Asian' instead of Thai, and see how they ruddy like it... you all look the same to me, I could say! angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

The problem is that some farang do not understand why it is rude and impolite. But it is.

Just another knee jerk news item

If the Thai institutions did their job properly it may not have happened.

If all the Thais did their job properly then a whole lot of stuff would get done more properly.

Every day where ever you go in Thailand you can see the people are just not doing their jobs properly

Yeah Thai bashing but it messes me up.

Just do your job properly and most of the bad stuff won't happen.

....so easy to 'bash' all foreigners....

...he is an animal, granted....but just reflect on some local crimes that have reached the headlines these past 6 months....

...so please keep things in perspective.....

....white....???

...shaved head...???

...American...???

...foreign teacher...???

...statistics...???

...comparisons...???

...who hired him.....that is where the problem stems...one might suggest....

...and yes....criminal background check are usually done....so why wasn't one done in this case.....

It looks like Thailand is becoming the garbage bag for Western detritus. Too many criminals, sexual molesters, etc... Who behave and believe they are above anybody and any law.

Time to wake up...

Absolutely. Being above other people and the law is a reserved occupation/profession.

• Like 1

We all need to be looking out for these creeps, as we're better judges of red flags and what would be inappropriate behavior back home. Just like many foreigners can't spot a questionable Thai staring them in the face, the same can sometimes be said for Thais and less desirable foreigners.

• Like 1

He must be well connected,It is not easy to obtain a British passport.And then be accused of crimes going back 3 years in thailand.There is a much bigger story here.

I thought this piece of shit had a forged British passport? Not a real one.

• Like 1

Yes. American Paedophile, and not English! This is where the Thais do not know whether to use the word 'farang' or 'caucasian', American or British, or French or German, ad infinitum!

It's about time Thailand stopped using the word 'farang', and started to recognise individual Western countries people are actually from!

I am not 'farang' (pertaining to French). I am British, and always will be. Pisses me off all this misidentification, and we're all grouped into one.

I'm gonna start using the word 'Asian' instead of Thai, and see how they ruddy like it... you all look the same to me, I could say! angry.png.pagespeed.ce.Cla6z9sEn6.png

The aricle I read doesn't say he is a paedophile... where did you guys read this or are you just jumping on a bandwagon..? Says he is an alleged rapist.... and American. whistling.gif

Another whining POM who can not get his facts right. Of course Thai educators are squeaky clean or are the bad ones really Burmese. Unfortunately these cretins will is to be found everywhere as even black Africans are called farangs or has my Thai wife got it wrong? Goose.

Who exactly is the goose? The comment preceding yours seems to be built on facts that look pretty reasonable. Even after seeing it wearing the goose label, I can't help but agree with it. A person facing rape allegations in the U.S. suddenly becomes a paedophile whose nationality generates debate? I remember a funny game at school called Chinese whispers...

Edited by aboctok

Another whining POM who can not get his facts right. Of course Thai educators are squeaky clean or are the bad ones really Burmese. Unfortunately these cretins will is to be found everywhere as even black Africans are called farangs or has my Thai wife got it wrong? Goose.

Black Africans are called a much much worse name than farang here.

• Like 1

"The illness could be responsible for his ability to pass off as a reliable English teacher on the one hand and a sexual predator on the other."

Yes if you want to be a rapist or a reliable english teacher or both it would be to your advantage to be bipolar first.

What about the poor old innocent, earnest American English teacher (c.f. American English teacher) who just happens to be bipolar, and is thus transformed, against his tired, flagging will, into a non-consenting, recidivist rapist? (Progressing automatically to paedophilia, naturally.) What can he possibly do? The neurologic cards are stacked against him. ;(

I think there must be good money to be made in having foreign teachers on the books because for the most part they're useless. So the only reason to employ them would be either status (doubtful these days), or filthy lucre - their paychecks can be skimmed. And if your only motivation for employing someone is to skim money, it doesn't really make much difference who you employ. In fact, the more hopeless and desperate they are the better - because they'll be less likely to quibble.

If Thailand were interested in attracting professional teachers, it would pay and treat them accordingly. Go figure.

Interesting, no mention of the Brit who was arrested last week, 15 arrest warrants issued in the UK. The press also failed to spot that he [the Brit] was working at the exact same school as another western teacher who was arrested earlier in the year for murdering his Pattaya girlfriend and wrapping her in bin bags.

The same school in Kumphawapi?

You are sure about that?

Everyone, not just expat English teachers, who have contact with children (Up 2- 16yrs) , should be police cleared either from their state or country of origin and issue with a working with Children Cert from the relevant Thai authority , renewed each year , Thai's are not immune to fiddling with children either, so, Thailand come up to international standards , everyone on the same page Please.coffee1.gif ..

The problem is that some farang do not understand why it is rude and impolite. But it is.

Most farangs don't get it, they put all Muslims, blacks, and all minorities without making any difference between each individual using prejudices against anything different from them. Now that they are concerned, the game changes. Come on, there is no difference between all falangs lollllll

• Like 1

What about the poor old innocent, earnest American English teacher (c.f. American English teacher) who just happens to be bipolar, and is thus transformed, against his tired, flagging will, into a non-consenting, recidivist rapist? (Progressing automatically to paedophilia, naturally.) What can he possibly do? The neurologic cards are stacked against him. ;(

Yes the cards are stacked against him and he should be put down same as a dog with rabies.

"Farang" may have meant different things at different times. But it has clearly evolved into "foreigner." Most recently pertaining to white ("big nosed") foreigners, it is also occasionally used when referring to individuals (African or otherwise) who happen to be black. Generally, it is not a moniker assigned to other Asians, perhaps because there is a perceived "kinship" of sorts amongst Asians. In any event, "farang" is not used to connote a particular nationality. At its most discerning, it is used to define Caucasians. The fact that we are all foreigners, makes the term appropriate.

Any convicted sex offenders should not be allowed to have passports anyhow, so that can't go off to other countries and recreate themselves. This is the country of origins problem, as much as Thailand's. However, very thorough background checks should be compulsory for anyone working with Children

FYI - A "Dossiere" containing whatever information (either false or factual) can be created by anyone (with NSA connections) employed by the U.S. government.

Any U.S. citizen, who manages to "piss-off" anyone (with the right connections) back home, can suddenly find themselves being officially labeled for possessing behavioral traits, that have absolutely nothing to do with their true character.

The infamous "Joe McCarthy era" of the early 1950s, where the lives of thousands of "law-abiding" U.S. citizens were totally destroyed, as a result of such corrupt, inter-agency political tactics.

Thailand is kindergarten, compared to the U.S.A., in that regard.

Indeed, if Mr. Ericson can be factually proven to be a "rapist", in the Lcheesy.gifS, then he deserves to be jailed, for complete STUPIDITY..............coffee1.gif