Watch bringing back Thai Gold into uk-eu

dirtycash

Bought wifey a 3 baht necklace for Christmas. Stopped at Dublin customs they took it off me. Never ever entered my mind to declare it. I had to pay an extra 780 euro . Gutted !!! So just beware about bringing your gifts out of Thailand.

Why didn't you claim it's yours?

I always wear a 15 baht chain, with 5 Buddha amulets never was questioned. 20+ out-country travels.

Is it not possible to bring the necklace back to Thailand and get the 780 back when leaving Ireland?

Edited by Chonburiram
  • Like 2

Sorry, mate, can you repeat that? You paid 3 baht for a trinket and the immigration back home asked you for 780 euros? Is there some reason why you didn't just leave it with them?

A 3 baht gold necklace does not mean it's only "3 baht" worth of gold... It refers to the weight of the item... In this case, 3 baht of gold is roughly 45 grams of gold...

Edited by Loptr
  • Like 1

The gold cost me 62.000 bath. I brought it as gift into dublin got stopped. Customs fined me etc for not declaring it. It was gift for wife and in box with reciept. I told customs it was gift they told me i should declare any goods over 430 euro when entering eu ( c**ts) slapped me with fee of 800 euro.