Kiss iHerb's $4 Flat rate shipping to Thailand bye

yougivemebaby

A sad day for us iHerb customers. As of today (December 1st), iHerb no longer offers the $4 flat rate shipping to Thailand. After a phone call to their office in California, I was told that the employees just found out about this today also. No warning was given to their customers to place order before the huge shipping cost increase took place. The pleasant and surprised employee offered her deepest sincere apology and her managers email. [email protected] (PM me if the email gets erased)

Unless they decide to reverse this, they have lost me as a customer.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I just started adding items to the cart and realized the price was jumping up rather rapidly

Pretty gutted as only discovered the site recently

Is there anywhere else to order from or am I stuck with the increased shipping cost? I thought I had finally found somewhere to order high quality supplements at normal prices.

Can you imagine buying some of this stuff in Thailand? You would be getting ripped off left right and centre.

what would the new shipping cost?

I don't really understand their new structure to be honest. They changed it again since so many international customers were furious they did not forewarn anyone. I was ordering before the changes took effect (DEC 1st) and the shipping was changing. I contacted them and they told me it was a glitch in their system. Anyway. Now when you order over $20, you will get 50% off shipping. However I don't know what 50% off what? I think for the max 4 pounds, shipping to Thailand is around $17.80. 50% off would be $8.90 . That's with no tracking still. That's the max I believe. I believe vita cost has similar products but I have not checked on how much shipping will be. Vita cost already looked cheaper on the items.

Go to their facebook page it's funny to read the customers comments.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes I just started adding items to the cart and realized the price was jumping up rather rapidly

Pretty gutted as only discovered the site recently

Is there anywhere else to order from or am I stuck with the increased shipping cost? I thought I had finally found somewhere to order high quality supplements at normal prices.

Can you imagine buying some of this stuff in Thailand? You would be getting ripped off left right and centre.

Me too my friend. I just started to order from them in August. I'm very disappointed. Let's hope they get enough complaints that they will give a better offer. I've been happy to be able to order affordable supplements that I am more confident are not copies. Here it's like Russian roulette or insanely expensive. I'm just happy I hoarded a lot of products before they made these changes. The lighter and more expensive your products are though the cheaper your shipping will be. Max weight of 4 pounds is about $18. But if your order is over $20 it should be about $9 at 4 pounds. Not too bad considering they first said orders over $40.

I've had good luck with a Thai mail order place called "Good Karma."

I've used them too but they are very expensive IMO.

Just placing an order for 37 dollars and estimated shipping is coming up at $4.45

I'm happy with that

I was disappointed with this at first but just the cheaper, heavier priced items won't be as economical to buy. IE Olive Oil, Mac and Cheese. They are still much cheaper with better quality than buying here in Thailand. Occasionally ordering a treat is probably healthier anyway. :D Maybe they will change it in the future. I saw they have flat rates to some countries still (Singapore, Norway, and australia.). These countries have higher weight maxes though.

If anyone hears any changes, please update on here.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered two boxes from iHerb on Tue 2Dec.

They were just delivered to my front door, via THAILAND Post.

I'll gladly pay $8.90 a box instead of $4.00 a box.

18 days from LA to the beach in CHA-AM.

PRICELESS.........

Yeah I'm over the self-pity. I'll happily pay the $8.90 too. When I posted this they had the minimum orders being $40 before they would discount the shipping. Now it's $20. I did like ordering their California Ranch Olive oil but now it's too expensive. It was good while it lasted. If I order it with some smaller expensive things I can do it. They've been VERY fair any time I've had a problem with my order. If something was broken they quickly give a refund. Can't ever say that about anything in Thailand. Even ordering protein and supplements is still insanely cheaper with better and safe quality. Long live iHerb :D

• 2 weeks later...

IHerbs is a total waste of money anyway.

Newsflash:

You go to market and you get the same herbs FRESH ie with 100 times more phyto-elements than the dried powdered stuff stocked up for months in a bottle. Moreover you don't just get the one element,you get the fibers and all the other stuffs missing in the bottle that you body needs.

• 3 weeks later...

IHerbs is a total waste of money anyway.

Newsflash:

You go to market and you get the same herbs FRESH ie with 100 times more phyto-elements than the dried powdered stuff stocked up for months in a bottle. Moreover you don't just get the one element,you get the fibers and all the other stuffs missing in the bottle that you body needs.

What an idiotic post. Do you even know what iherb is or what they sell?

What's a good place to send stuff to in Thailand when you are not of a fixed address? (I come here for the winters to avoid cold weather at home, and move around. ) Perhaps someone else has similar experience or can make a suggestion which places to not send my stuff to.. I.E. Places that are not likely to forget my package behind the couch.

Just made a $97 dollar order shipping to Bangkok . Shipping was only $7 dollars ! Wow , before I shipped large orders to Shipito and had them split up but shipping was very very expensive so if this works it will be great . Small 50 to 100 dollar orders having shipped direct from Iherb at intervals will be better than big order once a year sent to shipito then forwarded here and much better that buying here at MBK at big prices . Guess customs will be based on receipt that Iherb is enclosing ?

In just a few hours it showed shipped , wow ! Could this be real and this easy ? No more buying vitamins and sending to Shipitto that then forwards here at $50+ shipping cost per box on cheapest shipping and other fees on top of this . Don't get me wrong shipito is a valuable and quality service but if Iherb ships to Thailand as cheap as they do then this is great . I guess shipito makes much of their income in marking up postage fees not the 10 bucks a month membership . It will be interesting to see what a 92 dollar order with 12 items in it that is a few pounds duty charge is ?

Lumbini, PLEASE let us know when your box arrives and if you had to pay any additional fees. My last two December orders took 18 days and 12 days. They were delivered to my front door on the beach in CHA-AM by THAILAND Post. I didn't have to pay any additional fees. I think I might have paid the 7thb delivery fee, but I can't remember...... GOOD LUCK!!!! iHerb ROCKS!!!!

I will let you know and thanks for the delivery info . If this really works it will be great as I have paid way too much for low grade low dose vitamins in Thailand for long time from MBK to boots and last time spending a fortune on having shipito forward my Iherb orders .

CHA -AM I hear is nice place to live

Out of 70 plus orders I've only paid duty on a couple of orders. They were over $50. There have been many times that I have had orders well over $50 but didn't get nicked.

I have also noticed it seems like iherbs shipping rates have changed. They seem less than what they were after the enormous rate increase.

My three orders on 22Jan.... I'll update upon their arrival....

Subtotal: (1 item) $32.80 (Muscle Milk)

Shipping $7.12

Tax $0.00

Discounts $0.00

Order Total $39.92

Rewards $0.00

Grand Total $39.92

Subtotal: (2 items) $32.00 (2 boxes of Zone Perfect bars)

Shipping $7.12

Tax $0.00

Discounts $0.00

Order Total $39.12

Rewards $0.00

Grand Total $39.12

Subtotal: (7 items) $70.20 (7 bottles of vitamins)

Shipping $5.34

Tax $0.00

Discounts ($3.51)

Order Total $72.03

Rewards $0.00

Grand Total $72.03

Savings = $3.51 - 5%

Can someone explain me the point of Iherb?

I mean other than throwing away good money away for dry products having lost 90% of their benefits,when you have readily fresh wholesome ones that act on the body as a WHOLE and bring you much more benefits, on hands at a local market for a fraction of the price ?