Prosecutors set to arraign Myanmar men for Koh Tao killings

webfact

Thailand: Detention of Koh Tao murder suspects extended for 6th time

http://asiancorrespondent.com/128679/thailand-detention-of-koh-tao-murder-suspects-extended-for-6th-time/

A tweet (in thai language) by Andy Hall states that this extension has been requested in order to check the details of many testimonies made by a lot of withesses ...

I wonder from where do these witnesses suddenly spring up ?

Jail house snitches maybe? Because I don't believe they can find honest witnesses to connect them to the crime.

If this case is going to be tried on evidence and is not a predetermined verdict the more liars they put on the stand the easier to discredit each and every one of them and secure a not guilty verdict.

Edited by uty6543

The judge will convict for rape on police DNA evidence and for murder on he on circumstantial evidence, since the tape puts them in the location and provides the motive for the murders. Since the police have the monopoly on forensics in Thailand, the courts have to accept their forensic evidence. The explanation of what actually happened will be the same concocted nonsense we have already seen but that will be glossed over in deference to the police DNA evidence. The 2B might have better chances by the time the case gets to the Supreme Court, if they live that long,, once there are different police and hopefully a new government in power.

No way the victims' parents will join in this macabre pantomime as co-plaintiffs. The suggestion merely serves to taunt them with the certainty that justice for their murdered loved ones is the lowest priority here. If the victims had been children of prominent Thai politicians, business people or military, it would have been an entirely different matter. But as it is, foreign tourists are replaceable. There are, after all, 26 million of them annually and, as the tourism minister pointed out in her recent presentation to the Harvard Business School of Thailand Society, arrivals from the UK have actually picked up since the Koh Tao murders. So they must be doing something right.

"as the tourism minister pointed out in her recent presentation to the Harvard Business School of Thailand Society, arrivals from the UK have actually picked up since the Koh Tao murders. So they must be doing something right." Really! Did anyone really expect her to say that arrivals from the UK had gone down since the Koh Tao murders? whistling.gif

Had the displeasure of studying the crime scene photos with a couple of homicide detectives from Melbourne. First impressions were one attacker, two blows from same position and it was someone that knew them. I know it was just an impression from a photo.......

Edited by asean
  • Like 1

Interesting thousands of posts of rumours ifs buts and maybes it amazes me that anyone who dares says something like jdinasia that circumstantial witnesses and DNA will most likely convict then suddenly he is queried whether he has a vested interest.

The very same people who conclude that these guys are innocent are first to cast the guilt stones at anyone with a different veiw.

And a bit of thai bashing for good measure.

The trial will go ahead and yet I haven't seen one headline about the British police observations in this case.

So either their happy with the investigation or just had a nice junket.

The UK police are not scheduled to complete their report until January, and will first present their findings to the parents of the victims, as already reported on this Forum several times.

• Like 1

Welcome to Thailand...

I know the public, does not have all the evidence available, as stated in the article - but just from following this case, in the media. It seems really hard to prove, beyond all doubt, that they did it.

But lets see what the evidence is first before we assume, which is what we have all been doing from day one, who knows maybe they have something that not even the social media can deny, who knows, we are not lawyers, we are out looking in,

Had the displeasure of studying the crime scene photos with a couple of homicide detectives from Melbourne. First impressions were one attacker, two blows from same position and it was someone that knew them. I know it was just an impression from a photo.......

What made you think it was someone that knew them, please enlighten me, as I am no detective.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/128679/thailand-detention-of-koh-tao-murder-suspects-extended-for-6th-time/

A tweet (in thai language) by Andy Hall states that this extension has been requested in order to check the details of many testimonies made by a lot of withesses ...

Jail house snitches maybe? Because I don't believe they can find honest witnesses to connect them to the crime.

If this case is going to be tried on evidence and is not a predetermined verdict the more liars they put on the stand the easier to discredit each and every one of them and secure a not guilty verdict.

Be prepared. They will do whatever it takes to hit the end result that has already been predetermined. All evidence will be manipulated to point in that direction as we are seeing already. Frankly it scares me to know the lengths they will now go to.

• Like 2

and secure a not guilty verdict.

I am not so sure. The court would be a Thai court - one of those which let the red bull guy escape, which send a poor man for two jails to jail because he sold some found DVD, which let the influential people free on bail etc. etc.

I am very concerned by the lack of any public report from the British Police sent to overview the case - even if they have to say "we were not given sufficient independent access" it would strengthen the case for further investigation into the police activity.

This I also quoted about in some earlier threads.

The British police were only there as a public relations exercise to appease the doubters, observers only. They will not go against the grain with the investigation or if they do have any criticisms these will be stated subtly and still will not have any influence on the judgement of the court.

So, following your train of thought: even if the Brits come up with evidence that implicates the headman's people, the Brits will stay mum. In other words, not rocking the ships of state is more important than telling the truth or submitting evidence which may nail the true criminals. If that turns out to be true, the Brits will be shown to be morally decrepit.

To be honest I really don`t know. for sure. My guess is that the British authorities will be reluctant to rock the boat regarding their good relationship with Thailand, but of course I could be wrong, so you can draw your own opinions how you think the British authorities will handle this situation.

The other aspect of this, if the British authorities do conclude that they agree with all the evidence collected by the Thai police, even if it`s true, there are still those who will say that this is a cover up unless they conclude exactly what the crackpot conspiracy theorists want to hear.

Edited by Beetlejuice

I am very concerned by the lack of any public report from the British Police sent to overview the case - even if they have to say "we were not given sufficient independent access" it would strengthen the case for further investigation into the police activity.

This I also quoted about in some earlier threads.

The British police were only there as a public relations exercise to appease the doubters, observers only. They will not go against the grain with the investigation or if they do have any criticisms these will be stated subtly and still will not have any influence on the judgement of the court.

So, following your train of thought: even if the Brits come up with evidence that implicates the headman's people, the Brits will stay mum. In other words, not rocking the ships of state is more important than telling the truth or submitting evidence which may nail the true criminals. If that turns out to be true, the Brits will be shown to be morally decrepit.

To be honest I really don`t know. for sure. My guess is that the British authorities will be reluctant to rock the boat regarding their good relationship with Thailand, but of course I could be wrong, so you can draw your own opinions how you think the British authorities will handle this situation.

The other aspect of this, if the British authorities do conclude that they agree with all the evidence collected by the Thai police, even if it`s true, there are still those who will say that this is a cover up unless they conclude exactly what the crackpot conspiracy theorists want to hear.

Get real.

I will personally offer you 10 000 USD if that report agrees with anything that the Thai coppers have purported. Should that fairy take eventuate PM me as I am not messing with you. I will gladly pay you this in cold hard cash.

The hold up on the report isn't because they agree! Simply that it is SO damning beyond belief that diplo wise it's a hot potato.

This a time when I wish the US government would stick its nose in.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to your proposal but I think it about time the US with its disastrous foreign policy start to listen to its citizens, especially those that are fed up with the US being the world's policeman.

• Like 1

What made you think it was someone that knew them, please enlighten me, as I am no detective.
I am not a detective either, but here are some thoughts on that issue:

>>> Most of the wounds to David were shallow blade thrusts (not a clumsy blunt dirty hoe) to the right side of his neck. Many posts in the past 9 weeks have opined a sharp shallow blade (like the shark's tooth ring worn by a bouncer at AC bar, who is also shown partying inches from Hannah prior to the crime.), or a fist-blade (the type of weapon a cop or a tough-guy wanna-be might have. There was a cop with Mon who threatened Sean with death if he spoke up about what he saw/knows). To punch a tall man in the neck (and, at least one cut was to the top of David's head), you most likely have to also be tall, and near to your opponent. The B2 are small, and it's unlikely they would jump up to strike at the side of an opponent's neck. That's assuming the two fighters were standing. If in other positions, then scenarios change. If you know someone, that person will tend to let you get closer physically. A pre-emptive strike on the side of the neck is likely aiming for the jugular vein. A cop or a tough-guy like Mon would know that's a prime area to puncture if wanting to quickly incapacitate an opponent.

It's been reported that Nomsod is left-handed, so if the adversaries were facing each other when they came to blows, that would fit (with most of David's wounds of his right side). Mon may also be left-handed. It's doubtful either of the B2 are lefties, or else we would have heard about it from RTP. Also, I hear it was a dark night, so from David's perspective, he probably thought he was suddenly getting in to a fist fight, and too late, he realized his attacker had a sharp shallow blade in his fist. Plus, Thais are world-renown for not fighting fair. If a farang has a serious hassle with a Thai, particularly if the parties are drunk and it's late at night, and a pretty girl is in the equation, then it's common for Thais to come bounding out of the bushes to assist their buddy - even if the Thais don't know the original Thai or don't know what the hassle is about, they'll come bounding in on the scene, full-tilt, grabbing the meanest weapons they can find, including iron bars and broken bottles or knives (I had a Thai truck driver wave a sword at me because he thought I unfairly honked at him). There's nothing remotely like 'The Marquess of Queensbury Rules of Fighting' within Thai culture.

Also, as far as any of us know, none of the original suspects (Mon and Nomsod) were checked for bruises or cuts. Yet another of the hundreds of basic things which Thai cops either didn't do, or did and covered-up because it might implicate the headman's people.

One of the early lessons a young rtp officer receives is knowing where their bread is buttered and whose faces you must assist in saving should an issue arise. Passed on from generation to generation of Thailands finest.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Unbelievable this case is flawed beyond belief and the world is wise to that fact as well are a large number of Thai's too.

Indeed we see yet again the true face of a xenophobic self gratifying police farce force and the society it serves their only god being Mammon.

The comment below is arrogant, condescending, sanctimonious and pompous and yet again shows all just what the police farce force here are worth.

It may well be that that invitation could backfire in this case as there is far more publicity and truth seeking in the U.K. concerning this matter than there will or ever could be here in Thailand

Tawatchai said yesterday parents of the victims would be notified of the latest move by Thai officials. "They can become co-plaintiffs if they want," he said.

And what truth seeking facts in the UK have been revealed concerning this case that only you seem to know about?

Do you care to share some of them with the rest of us here so we will all know what the Hell you are blabbering about?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Unbelievable this case is flawed beyond belief and the world is wise to that fact as well are a large number of Thai's too.

Indeed we see yet again the true face of a xenophobic self gratifying police farce force and the society it serves their only god being Mammon.

The comment below is arrogant, condescending, sanctimonious and pompous and yet again shows all just what the police farce force here are worth.

It may well be that that invitation could backfire in this case as there is far more publicity and truth seeking in the U.K. concerning this matter than there will or ever could be here in Thailand

Tawatchai said yesterday parents of the victims would be notified of the latest move by Thai officials. "They can become co-plaintiffs if they want," he said.

And what truth seeking facts in the UK have been revealed concerning this case that only you seem to know about?

Do you care to share some of them with the rest of us here so we will all know what the Hell you are blabbering about?

According to a source in the RTP Bangkok the UK report was received three days ago. It is in English and is currently being translated into Thai. Once translated it will be sent on to all the Farces in DIstrict 8. This from a very reliable source.

According to a source in the RTP Bangkok the UK report was received three days ago. It is in English and is currently being translated into Thai. Once translated it will be sent on to all the Farces in DIstrict 8. This from a very reliable source.

I do hope what you say is true................as long as it doesn't " get lost in translation"

I do hope what you say is true................as long as it doesn't " get lost in translation"

I am advised by a very reliable Bangkok RTP friend tonight. It is not the full and compete report but does advise the main findings he says. Police are doing the translation themselves as they trust no one with this document.

"Police are doing the translation themselves as they trust no one with this document." And we are supposed to trust that their translation is true and correct? Bit like the police policing themselves!

That may well be true, however I would have thought that the UK police would have also made an official Thai translation also, after all its the only way they could guarantee that nothing was misunderstood.

When the FCO released a press release on the 'summoning' of the Thai diplomat it was done in English and Thai

English: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-minister-summons-thai-charge-daffaires-to-foreign-office

Thai: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-minister-summons-thai-charge-daffaires-to-foreign-office.th

• Like 1

That may well be true, however I would have thought that the UK police would have also made an official Thai translation also, after all its the only way they could guarantee that nothing was misunderstood.

When the FCO released a press release on the 'summoning' of the Thai diplomat it was done in English and Thai

English: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-minister-summons-thai-charge-daffaires-to-foreign-office

Thai: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-minister-summons-thai-charge-daffaires-to-foreign-office.th

It is not translated to Thai. Arrived in English only.

• Like 1

This has to be the reason for the delay then. We all suspected behind the scene leaks would come, lets hope and pray wai.gif

This has to be the reason for the delay then. We all suspected behind the scene leaks would come, lets hope and pray wai.gif

It is under wraps. Whether the reason is this ,as you speculate, I am unsure.

Welcome to Thailand...

I know the public, does not have all the evidence available, as stated in the article - but just from following this case, in the media. It seems really hard to prove, beyond all doubt, that they did it.

Well, when the Prosecutor shows DNA from the guys coming from Hanna's Bum Hole, that would certainly prove to me beyond a reasonable doubt they did it.

What a wonderful turn of phrase you have. If only it were that simple. All that that may show is that sexual intercourse of one form or another took place. It does not go within a bull's roar of proving they committed the murder.