Residents in 37 Thai provinces in for chilly weather

webfact

Residents in 37 provinces in for chilly weather

BANGKOK, 2 December 2014 (NNT)-Interior Minister General Anupong Paojinda has coordinated help for people in the North and Northeast as the temperature is expected to plunge further at the end of this week.

According to the Minister, the high pressure system present in the upper region has prompted the temperatures in the Northern and the Northeast to drop to 4-6 degree Celsius until December 7th.

The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has been instructed to assist people in 37 provinces who could be affected by the weather, and to advise them to be prepared for chilly and gusty winds.

The DDPM will survey the types of clothes needed by the locals before distributing suitable ones to people enduring the icy weather. They have also been warned to be cautious when building fires to keep themselves warm.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-02 footer_n.gif

When (if?) the next cold snap arrives, I'd give a lot for one of those old-fashioned electric blow heaters which cost next to nothing in Europe and warm a room in no time. Anyone know a source? My missus gets fed up with me using her hot-air dryer!

When (if?) the next cold snap arrives, I'd give a lot for one of those old-fashioned electric blow heaters which cost next to nothing in Europe and warm a room in no time. Anyone know a source? My missus gets fed up with me using her hot-air dryer!

Global house and Home Pro. Better get there now. Later they will be out of stock.

• Like 1