PRD gears up campaign to create positive image for Thailand with foreigners

webfact

PRD gears up on campaign for Thailand

BANGKOK, 2 December 2014 (NNT) – The Department of Public Relations (PRD) is gearing up on the positive image boosting campaign to create positive attitude for foreigners towards Thailand.

The Director-General of the Public Relations Department (PRD) Apinan Juntarungsri presided over the opening seminar on the integration of the public relations to foreign countries under the title ‘The Drive of Public Relations Plan for the practical implementation to create positive attitude in foreign target groups’ at the Century Park hotel.

He said that the PRD has the duty to send a positive image of Thailand to the world, and to let the capabilities of the nation be recognized globally.

He said that this seminar is an important platform to exchange ideas and gain new knowledge from experts in various fields, with the goal to boost positive recognition of the nation's image.

The PRD Director-General also said that Thailand will enter the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) next year (2015). On the AEC, the government has prioritized on the preparation of the country's human resource in numerous aspects.

He said that the PRD is now providing knowledge and information through PRD’s media channel, including radio, TV, and the internet, to continually get the public ready for the changes with the commencement of the AEC integration.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-02 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

You know leaving the coup out of it I have some friends who not only looked to other destinations but now prefer them.

One lot now prefer Vietnam while another likes Bali Indonesia and not the tourist spots of Bali but away from there they say it's nicer than Thailand .I can't comment never been there.

I really don't whether Thailand has lost it's tourist pull but I have noticed lately a little bit more pitch for retirees.

• Like 1

Image boosting campaign to create positive attitude for foreigners?

Here's and idea!

Return Thailand to the people and have an election.

Not only I will the rest of the world look at Thailand in a more positive light the economy will be much brighter to!

Do you really think the rest of the world gives a rat's what is going on in Thailand ? The average tourist who comes to Thailand probably knows nothing about the local politics or that there was a coup recently and martial law in place.

Most foreigners go to Thailand for cheap food, accommodation, shopping, booze and girls, no matter what party is in power.

The average Thai knows little about Democracy and politics and the only reason some of them would want an election is because of the cash reward they get for their bloody vote !

+1...A lot of truth in what you say here.
  • Like 2

will this include a full investigation of WHY so many are being stopped, searched and drug tested by the police in the Asoke-Tong Lor area?

Maybe they do this because so many foreigners ,considering Nigerians as foreigners too , are selling drugs in this area and plenty of foreign customers do buy drugs from them?

Thailand is no longer a cheap place for foreigners to holiday. As other SEA countries are creating better infrastructure, it will start to take the tourists away from the land of smiles to places where they get greater bang for their buck. There is safety concerns and wide spread corruption all around Thailand that is causing great concern for weary travellers. I'm not sure how they are going to change the current image anytime soon.

Since the army has taken over its much safter than before the coup. They are tackling corruption in a big way and they have cleaned up the beaches so you post is utter nonsense.

I would agree with your notes on corruption and the beaches, but has it become safer???? The answer is a definite no.

• Like 1

The Director-General of the Public Relations Department (PRD) Apinan JUNTArungsri presided over the opening seminar on the integration of the public relations to foreign countries under the title ‘The Drive of Public Relations Plan for the practical implementation to create positive attitude in foreign target groups’ at the Century Park hotel.

Anyone wondering how this fine public servant was selected for this plumb job???

OK I am going on now before it will even happen. Came back home today from my daily bicycle-ride, and meanwhile my wife was visited by people from the Amphue, who had a list of falangs here i Chaiyaphum, who they like to invite for a "get together" on the 9th of december out in a village some 15 km;s from here!

This list with me in it of course, was based on people who has a yellow book, According to my wife, these people told my wife to bring "falang" to the village, and also bring a camera and take nice pictures...I do not have a clue if this is the usual nonsens, or if there will be some treat like food or at least water, hahahaha!! I know 1 chair and bring camera,. that is all.....I am not sure at all if I even like to go..... But probably I will, need something to do also on the 9th of december, hahahaha!!

Glegolo