Pichit: New technique to turn decaying rice to safe and quality rice discovered

webfact

Is the O zone anywhere near the G spot ?

All serious replies on the back of a Buffalot will be sent to HQ Hub to become one of the 5 destinations for Quality sensation seekersgiggle.gif

Even if the technique is safe ,hygenic and practical it will hardly do wonders for the lost export marketsw00t.gif

I recall my failed

"beat the donkey "

franchise business was like flogging a dead horsecheesy.gif

Edited by RubbaJohnny

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cool. The smell is gone, but the SPORES and the mould are still in place.

If they proove me otherwise, I will give them all my years old rotten mouldy leather shoes for an Ozone treatment, and afterwards I will eat them publicly

News like these always make me remember the message of the former Hua Hin mayor, that they had invented a method to make crude oil again from used plastic bags.

Thailand's technology is only good for the ones who believe that they actually HAVE a technology invented by themselves that is even worth mentioning

Thailand's technology is only good for the ones who believe that they actually HAVE a technology invented by themselves that is even worth mentioning

Better than the landfill: Pyrolysis turns plastic bags into crude oil

http://theoptimist.com/plastic-bags/

Plastic shopping bags make a fine diesel fuel, researchers report

http://news.illinois.edu/news/14/0212bags_oil_BrajendraKumarSharma.html

Google is your friend. There are many, many articles about turning plastic back into oil. Just google 'make oil from plastic bags'.

Glad to see so many people up to date on things. About time Thailand caught up. Not a new discovery by any means, maybe it is for Thailand, but Ozone has been used in food production for years. Ozone decontaminates and actually refreshes foods from meats, grains, and vegetables. Sterilizes what ever it touches over 50% better than chlorine and even removes pesticides and herbicides from foods too.

• Like 2

Okay, let me get this straight:

He is removing the musty smell emanating from rotten rice through ozone treatment - a bit like the water or air purification process using ozone ions.

However, if I understand it right, the procedure does NOT roll back the rotting process.

All it does is eliminate the smell so the rotting rice can be sold at a higher price.

Isn't that called cheating?

OK, I'm going to play the protagonist. Maybe it does stop the rotting process. If it does kill the spores and bacterium, maybe it is actually a viable solution. I had my truck "ozoned" for the rotten milk smell from my kids spilling their milk in the back seat without my knowing it. Yes, he had to air out the truck afterwards to clear the ozone, and yes the smell HAS NOT RETURNED from two months ago. In my puny mind that means the bacterium (probably NOT the "good kind in yogurt") was "killed". ????

• Like 1

"for those who favor eating old rice grains" was my favorite part.

Unless it is 'new crop' rice, the experience is the same. New Crop hasn't been through the complete drying process and needs less water to cook. The cooked rice will be more fluffy and tender. For fried rice, you wouldn't want 'new crop' because it is too tender and will turn to mush. Moisture and 'critters' are the enemy of stored rice. There is almost no difference between 1 year old rice and 10 year old rice if properly stored.

how long can rice be stored uncooked?

http://www.stilltasty.com/fooditems/index/18186

Does rice go bad?

http://askville.amazon.com/rice/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=20123304

Acquerello Carnaroli Risotto Rice 7 Year Aged, 17.6 Ounce Tin

http://www.amazon.com/Acquerello-Carnaroli-Risotto-Rice-Ounce/dp/B00BGGGLXM

Basmati rice, like wine, gets better with age. High-quality packaged basmati is aged up to a year to enhance and intensify its taste, bouquet and cooking

http://www.cuisinecuisine.com/AllAboutRice.htm

Just sell it cheap as animal feed, at least help the livestock farmers and reduce the mountain of crap rice.

Easy for you to say as it won't be your loss. At least this miller is is trying to salvage some borderline rice to help it retain some value to the taxpayers who own it.

Edited by rametindallas

Curry was "invented" so that rotten meat could be eaten -- why not the same for rice. Ventilating it with dubious amounts of Ozone is not going to do anything to the "List of Ingredients". After fermenting for a few months there's going to be a serious amount of fungal by-products in there. I wonder if it's been passed by the FDA ? Oh - of course I forgot -- rice is exempt,,,,, w00t.gif

Actually spices have been used to disguise rotten meat for centuries.

Nothing to do with the evolution of curry, just one more method in a long history of masking the state/taste of food.

Edited by Bluespunk

What concerns me is the fact that none of the worlds big food processors seem to have been beating a path to this mans door with offers of future financial security for the rest of time for him and his descendants.

Seems almost like a re-run of the miracle discovery cure for Ebola.

I do not know much about 'decaying' rice grains, but if the rice has been stored with a high moisture-content..then the grain will have tried to sprout..so each grain's value is ruined.

If it has been wet/moist, then dried out again it nearly always promotes fungi to grow on the grains..this white coating..rich with spores is not good for one's lungs.

Our happy little Thai inventor here has simply constructed a system to 'tart-up' the bad rice to allow it to be sold..with the sole aim of getting away with it, plus profit out of ruined rice...to which I'm sure there's plenty still available.

• Like 2

I think the real value in old rice is BTU.....that's British Thermal units. Burn the old rice to pre-heat water for boilers that produce steam to turn electrical generators. There's 2 or 3 million tonnes of rice to consume that way....so why hasn't anyone started doing it?

Forgive me if his has been posted before, but this thread is so painful to read, I just couldn't go through them all.

It could be argued that some Thai's are so inferiority complex prone that they will do or say anything for outside recognition..... example the tremendous world wide acceptance of he recent ebola cure.

If this is the case just think of the population acceptance and gigantic increase.... when you pass away you will just have to be zapped with this process and will not decay, and as the rice is restored to good condition, then stands to reason [Thai Reason] that you won't be dead, thus your family will be joyous and you can continue on with your life.

Also no more famine and starvation,,,,,,,, just take the previously eaten food, zap it with this process and blammmm back to the natural state.....

Puleazzzzzzzeee

• Like 1