Best/Great Rock Songs - Nobody Remembers....

pgrahmm

That Boston song was all the rage when i was a teenager. I recently posted it on the Alumni fussybook page of my school. Loads of people commented that they still listen to it and remember certain places and times etc. 35 years later....

Simple Minds - a few years ago i was down the pub and a friend mentioned that Simple Minds were playing at an open air concert nearby. We were about 15 people who all descended there. And we all still remembered the words.....

What would we do without the muzac...

Edited by Patsycat

Tried to find a cut of "The Mountain" by Bob Seger - as I remember it being a great song driving through the Sierra's when I lived there.....since I can't find it I'm not sure it's the song I'm really looking for ......

So it might be the ultimate good forgotten rock song.......

Thanks for the great updates and tunes so far.....

Hollywood nights was certainly a great driving tune, it's frustrating when you can't find a song free on youtube. It's happened to me a few times, I mean what's the world coming to,? I'll have to buy it next!

Here's a song about a mountain and another satirizing the rich rock star life.Unfortunately both go on too long, he should have cut them in half.

I'm not too sure how this works but hopefully you can follow the link.

Terry Reid who could have been in both Led Zep and Deep Purple but never did.

I saw him a few years ago in Manchester but sadly washed up and dreadfully intoxicated (him not me) but even then he still came through in his former glory in spells. Was a very sad night.

I saw him again 3 years ago now dry and clean and he was excellent.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJWHPkppX1Y

Orion (The Hunter) were a Boston offshoot led by Barry Goodreau who became fed up with the continual hiatus with Boston though Brad Delp, Sib Hashian and Fran Cosmo all guested.

They only made the one self titled album and they only toured once supporting Aerosmith, yet it was a minor hit in the US, spawning a couple of minor hit singles which did a little bit in Europe yet is a belting album...