stop whingeing

tim armstrong

TV posts the stories it chooses, not us. So if we are fed a steady diet of

police corruption, tourists killed , and tourists being scammed, what do

you think the comments on TV will reflect ??

Give the OP and Amen.....

Give the 2nd poster a plane ticket to visit Thailand or unlock the chains to their keyboard - instead of relying on media posts to form an opinion and make excuses.....

So - everyone on here has never been here and relies on media????? Odd concept.....

• Like 1

Sorry mate, I dont believe anything will change here - you have to dismiss a lot of it as people venting and move on. I can live with the venting - its the judgemental types who want to impose their world view on the rest of us who get me going, but that's a topic for another thread. As of right now, I'm happy with everything in my life in Pattaya except the traffic and a certain segment of the katoey population who cant keep their hands off other people's money - in the grand scheme of things, I'd say that's a reasonable outcome. Keep smiling and dont let the haters get to you.

• Like 1

'I'm not sure how its spelt but there is an Oz word called whingeing. It used to be aimed at Poms'

'used to be' is right, as my sister married an aussie i spend a lot of time there and can confirm contrary to the myth there are no bigger whingers than the aussies!

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with whining as long as there is something to whine about. Healthy even I feel. But to whine over nothing is childish. So its up to the reader to decide which is constructive whining and what is a childish whine. So I quess the whining shall continue huh.

Tim ... thanks for sharing ... coffee1.gif

Essentially, you are whining about whinging ... can you see the irony?

My simple advice is ... post a positive thread.

Stay positive through out that thread.

The Naysayers will eventually tire and find a softer target.

Such is life on the Forum. And it's a great Forum ... full of positive people.

Just that sometimes, they aren't the most vocal.

I agree totally and I would like to add that whinging and discussing are fine lines for some people. Just like when I hear that certain people are inquisitive when they could be construed as nosey.

If some articles or news threads are posted and people have a comment well that's great. if I personally get bored with negatives I scroll down. What is important is having the choice, so I will take the whinging with the positives.

Whinging is a national pastime for some people and at times, especially on some topics that is me. Not all the time but as my wonderful Grandma use to say,"' if you don't want to hear it, close your ears".smile.png

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 1

Sometimes the truth hurts. Also, those who are not enlightened sit in the shadows and accept everything. Voicing an opinion is just that, an opinion. I think we are entitled to that. Given most of the news headlines posted here, killings, rapes, scams, police stops, etc it is difficult to not get a little negative when posting. When I start to read more positive news perhaps myself and others will be posting more positive comments.

Unlike the OP, I like to read the good and the bad. It gives me a balanced view and not a bunch of one sided opinions, like Fox News. I don't get upset when people keep posting positive things about all the crime here to make it look better; it happens everywhere, LA is worse, it is their own fault, if you not like it here go home...... That is their opinion and I respect it, maybe don't agree but respect their right to post their opinion.

And that is my opinion, negative or not is up to you to decide. And I respect your decision .... Respect mine !

Edited by ttthailand
  • Like 1

TV posts the stories it chooses, not us. So if we are fed a steady diet of

police corruption, tourists killed , and tourists being scammed, what do

you think the comments on TV will reflect ??

Give the OP and Amen.....

Give the 2nd poster a plane ticket to visit Thailand or unlock the chains to their keyboard - instead of relying on media posts to form an opinion and make excuses.....

So - everyone on here has never been here and relies on media????? Odd concept.....

I really appreciate the airfare offer, but have I have already here for 14 years straight....

Perceptions about Thailand are somewhat based up time spent here. The guys

who come here for the first time, on their two week holiday, think Thailand is

the most wonderful place on planet earth. The more time you spend here, the

more cracks appear in the curtain exposing what really goes on. And that of

course can lead to a somewhat skewed perspective. To the amazement

of some of the people that read my posts, I actually really like it here. Otherwise,

in the immortal TV saying, I would get on a plane and go home.

However that does NOT stop me from making observations about aspects of

Thai life that I do not like. If those observations are offensive to your rose colored

glasses view of Thailand, I am deeply sorry...

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Most of the moaners wouldn't be happy irregardless of what was going on.....they can't help themselves but to be miserable. They also take great joy in sharing their misery.

And such is life.

There's much more important things to talk about. Has anyone seem the leaked details on the soon to be released 2015 model TGAU ?

• Like 2

Sorry mate, I dont believe anything will change here - you have to dismiss a lot of it as people venting and move on. I can live with the venting - its the judgemental types who want to impose their world view on the rest of us who get me going, but that's a topic for another thread. As of right now, I'm happy with everything in my life in Pattaya except the traffic and a certain segment of the katoey population who cant keep their hands off other people's money - in the grand scheme of things, I'd say that's a reasonable outcome. Keep smiling and dont let the haters get to you.

I know what you mean. There's some people on here can't stand to have opinions expressed that differ from their own. But even if you complain, nobody listens, so you might as well not bother.

SC

Sometimes the truth hurts. Also, those who are not enlightened sit in the shadows and accept everything. Voicing an opinion is just that, an opinion. I think we are entitled to that. Given most of the news headlines posted here, killings, rapes, scams, police stops, etc it is difficult to not get a little negative when posting. When I start to read more positive news perhaps myself and others will be posting more positive comments.

Unlike the OP, I like to read the good and the bad. It gives me a balanced view and not a bunch of one sided opinions, like Fox News. I don't get upset when people keep posting positive things about all the crime here to make it look better; it happens everywhere, LA is worse, it is their own fault, if you not like it here go home...... That is their opinion and I respect it, maybe don't agree but respect their right to post their opinion.

And that is my opinion, negative or not is up to you to decide. And I respect your decision .... Respect mine !

Steer clear of the News forum - they're all loonies over there

• Like 1

Steer clear of the News forum - they're all loonies over there

You can always spot the ones that are watching FOX news. Flat earth, conservative, religious, redneck, racist, tin foil hat types.

The whingers fall into two groups. Those that whine about what cannot be changed and those that whine about why do Thais do........ and why do old age pensioners do...........

Most of this whinging comes from jealousy or the refusal or failure to adapt.

Serial whingers exist in every country. Then they move to another place and find fault always failing to realize it's their baggage that's the problem.

• Like 1