90 day reporting mistake.

Mornin all.

A bit of advice please. Can anyone direct me to a site where I can find the official rules on 90 day reports ? Mainly interested in reporting early & not losing any days.

Yesterday I did my 90 day report, wasn't due til 18th. Visa stamped as next report date 2nd. March, 90 days from yesterday, effectively losing 16 days. Not a big deal I know, but I'm flying out on vacation later in March & don't really want to do another report before going.

I pointed out the date to the nice immigration officer but unfortunately he was right, I was wrong !!! My understanding is that my next report date should have been March 18, 90 days from due date, not 90 days from yesterday. Welcome any advice if I'm mistaken. I'd like to have a printed page noting the correct 90 day reporting procedure with me when I fly out. I'll be about a week overdue according to the date I received yesterday.

Thanks all in advance.

Cheers..... Mal.

Unlike extensions which are added to the end of your current permission to stay, 90 day reports reset on the day that you do your report.

The requirement is that you have to report after 90 consecutive days that you are in the country, therefore the next report date is 90 consecutive days from the day you filed your report not from the required report date on your old form.

You can report 15 days early or up to 7 days late.

Any time you do the 90 day report early you will loose the number of days early you did it. They always do the next report date from the date your report.

The report is for staying in the country for longer than 90 days in the country. When you make a report it starts a new 90 days.

You will need to do the report before you leave in March.