PM Prayut seeks cooperation from printed media representatives

webfact

PM seeks cooperation from printed media representatives

4-12-2557-12-08-01-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday held a discussion on the Government’s works with printed media executives in his efforts to seek their cooperation in addressing the country’s issues.

The meeting, which was held at Rajpruek Club with 16 executives and representatives lasted for about two hours.

After the minister, Gen Prayut said the meeting was arranged to clarify the government’s approaches to solving the country’s problems, which needed the support of the printed media to communicate with the people.

He said the Government was doing its best not to criticize or interfere with the media’s duty, and added this meeting aims at creating understanding between the two parties.

The member of the print media later disclosed that the discussion went on smoothly, adding that the Government did not attempt to intervene in or manipulate their work, only clarifying its past achievement and future endeavours.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-seeks-cooperation-printed-media-representatives

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-04

He's the most insecure PM I have ever seen period !

Every second day he bangs on about the media.

He either asking for the peoples love and respect or sending out a warning or both.

You can't have all your way but then again why worry you hit 93% popularity according to the polls.

Maybe you should have stayed where you were your as just can't sell the coup!

He actually reminds me of a stuttering parrot!!

(Sorry, could not resist)wai2.gif

• Like 1

I suspect the PM has noticed an oh-so-gradual media tendency (at least in the BP) to express its actual opinion about a few things in a manner that was probably not altogether pleasing to the junta chief. This friendly discussion was just a not-so-subtle reminder that he is watching and martial law is still in force.

• Like 2

Take your Tin Soldiers, your megalomania, your authoritarian reactionary ideas, your archaic superstitions,

your undisclosed suspicious wealth and pack it all in a bag along with your glaring insecurities and <deleted>. wai2.gifwai.gif

And take Somyat along with his suspicious wealth with you, as well.

thumbsup.gif

So happy after that post, I'm off to cook steak, mashed potatoes, with loads of veg, and OXO gravy for dinner. clap2.gif

Nice one iReason. wai.gif

• Like 2

"After the minister, Gen Prayut said the meeting was arranged to clarify the government’s approaches to solving the country’s problems, which needed the support of the printed media to communicate with the people".

Still none the wiser as to precisely, (or even vaguely) what the government's approaches to solving the country's problems actually are. Does he actually know?

He churns out the same rhetoric each and every time he meets the press. If he really wants the support of the printed media in communicating with the people, how's about giving the printed media something to report about? Like a few facts on what the government's (his) reforms are......Oh, and, when you meet the media, maybe 'stand at ease' on the playground bully approach?

• Like 1

I suspect the PM has noticed an oh-so-gradual media tendency (at least in the BP) to express its actual opinion about a few things in a manner that was probably not altogether pleasing to the junta chief. This friendly discussion was just a not-so-subtle reminder that he is watching and martial law is still in force.

It wasn't so subtle when a TV station was told to fire a news anchor for asking people for their opinions.

• Like 1

Take your Tin Soldiers, your megalomania, your authoritarian reactionary ideas, your archaic superstitions,

your undisclosed suspicious wealth and pack it all in a bag along with your glaring insecurities and . wai2.gifwai.gif

And take Somyat along with his suspicious wealth with you, as well.

thumbsup.gif

Bravo.It reminds me of Oliver Cromwell's famous words later echoed by Leo Amery when their country was governed by inadequates.

"You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"

• Like 1

"clarify the government’s approaches to solving the country’s problems" the problem is Martia Law and no freedom of speach and the press... Sir you are not a governemt, you arer a self declared military junta these are the facts