What Are His Chances?

RustBucket

So what do you think his chances are?--RustBucket

Probably has 2 chances ...Fat & Slim.....................................coffee1.gif

It;s slim and none, please get it right

It's "It's," please get it right.

Oh dear, I see the grammar police are on patrol......rolleyes.gif

If you're going to be so pedantic, you should at least get your own house in order first. It's not "it's" it's "they're". They're discussing in plural terms

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a single person who has responded to this thread so far knows what they are talking about.

The fact is that under Thai law if either party to the relationship can prove that the assets used to purchase the property during the relationship were owned by that party prior to the relationship, the courts will rule that the property belongs to that party. This is irrespective of whether the parties were married or living together as boyfriend/girlfriend.

I have been through a similar property dispute here in Thailand. You can research this yourself by looking up Thai marital property law which is part of the Thai civil code. Thailand's courts are as reputable as those in Western countries.

There is no separate law for foreigners in Thailand. The same marital property law applies to everyone. The only caveat is that it is illegal for foreigners to own land in Thailand. But even here, if land is purchased in violation of land law, this does not mean that the foreigner forfeits his rights to recover his investment in the land.

Think about it! If Thai marital property law allowed people to take advantage of one another, no one would get married. Thai marital property law is very fair to both parties. There's just a lot of misinformation and ignorance amongst the ex-patriate community about how it works.

Well that is heartening. Unless of course she sells the property to a money lender or borrows on it from a bank without you knowing and then you will have a hard time getting anything regardless of the facts. I think people should be extremely wary of any support from the law here as there are very many ways to skirt around it - very easily too.

• Like 1

I am married to a Thai and have been for 3 years now.

I made sure I lived here for 2 years before marrying her, just to make sure I knew all about her, and even though I have the money in my UK bank, I have never brought more than a few hundred thousand baht here at any one time. I have my own Thai bank account and the money is in there. She has an ATM card, but if she were to dump me and systematically attempt to empty the account, i would have the card cancelled and the most she could get is 20K.

I have also bought the house on a 30 year mortgage even though I can buy it outright, I feel safer on a mortgage, as well as the car I have got it over 7 year loan...

So if she dumped me, she is welcome to the house and car and all the future payments that go along with it.

Those who buy houses and cars outright are playing a dangerous game.

I totally trust my wife, but nobody knows what is in the future.

The actions of a wise man ... ... ...

Not a single person who has responded to this thread so far knows what they are talking about.

The fact is that under Thai law if either party to the relationship can prove that the assets used to purchase the property during the relationship were owned by that party prior to the relationship, the courts will rule that the property belongs to that party. This is irrespective of whether the parties were married or living together as boyfriend/girlfriend.

I have been through a similar property dispute here in Thailand. You can research this yourself by looking up Thai marital property law which is part of the Thai civil code. Thailand's courts are as reputable as those in Western countries.

There is no separate law for foreigners in Thailand. The same marital property law applies to everyone. The only caveat is that it is illegal for foreigners to own land in Thailand. But even here, if land is purchased in violation of land law, this does not mean that the foreigner forfeits his rights to recover his investment in the land.

Think about it! If Thai marital property law allowed people to take advantage of one another, no one would get married. Thai marital property law is very fair to both parties. There's just a lot of misinformation and ignorance amongst the ex-patriate community about how it works.

Well that is heartening. Unless of course she sells the property to a money lender or borrows on it from a bank without you knowing and then you will have a hard time getting anything regardless of the facts. I think people should be extremely wary of any support from the law here as there are very many ways to skirt around it - very easily too.

Wholeheartedly agree. Pls see post #106.

All this re enforces my mindset ...blokes here that complicate things with marriage and or financial obligation are in the main clueless.

Made same mistakes before then have a cry on TV.

Rejects from farang world.