I bought an old scooter with no plates now what?

OnMyWay2

You will also need to take have a residency certificate from immigration @ Jomtien, (or work/education permit), & copy of passport pages to change book to your name.

For res/cert need proof of address (i.e., rent contract, utility bill), head photos, copy of passport pages, ~300baht.

It may be more convenient to use the land transport office near Reagents school rather than drive clear to Chonburi office.

Most convenient would be to use an agent in town.

That could save a lot of time & effort.

The shop slightly north of Father Ray's orphanage on Sukumvit can do it, including the needed emissions/safety check.

I recommend this unless you are up for adventure.

PM me if you're still confused.

How about a photo of the bike of interest?

Do I still Need this if I already have a drivers license? Sounds like same procedure I went through to get a license.

Just drive it. My bike has no green book and I've never been asked to show it. Just play dumb if asked, most likely couple hundred baht for a fine and you are on your way.

That's what the seller keeps telling me. Just drive it! All I need is the green book.

it's funny because he is kind of a rent a cop type guy who wears a police jacket himself, says if the police give me problems to call him.

I just don't want trouble so I'm rounding up as much documentation as I can

So far I've got

drivers license

green book

Will get insurance next, and torroror if I can pass emissions. Lastly will work on registration and green book transfer.

OnMyWay2, you will need;

1. A photocopy of the Thai ID of the current owner which is same as the one stated in the green book.

2. Authorization Form from the Internet or DLT for the owner stated in the green book to authorize you/someone to act on behalf.

3. Fill in another form "Request Form" to request a replacement number plate. (you will get same number)

4. At the same time, might as well change the ownership while you are at land transport department by adding another form which is change of ownership form.

You will also need the owner signatures on 1,2 & 4 as stated above.

By the way, is the tax on the scooter up to date/active? If not paid for longer than 3 years, you will need to back pay the tax it owe and have to re-register again get a new number plate.

Where about are you located?

Thanks I'm in Pattaya. You wouldn't happen to have the link to the online forms I need would you?

Also I have no idea about the paid taxes or validity of the green book any way to find out?

In the green book you can find the annual tax payments. Somewhat half way through the book you'll find a page with amounts of THB 100.

Usually, the first line shows the date of registration of the bike.

Before you'd like to replate the bike you to put it in your name, because you need a police report of a "missing plate" and this report can only be made by the owner.

The DLT may be requiring a prove of address from Immigration or any other legal prove of address.