age difference...

Crazy chef 1

I am 70 and my wife is 48. She is not just very beautiful, and makes me feel younger. She is the best thing that happens in my life, and I was married 3 times before with women in my age or older. My Thai wife, with her younger attitude, sense of humor, her care, and her and her family Buddhist philosophy of life, is making my life better than ever.....No more intense exchanges, no more drama....no more BS....

Thainess?....If it is just that......it is wonderful!

Really??

I seem to remember you being particularly frustrated at that aspect of "Thainess" that meant your much younger wife had little interest in being able to communicate with you even when you run a business together.

You speak no Thai; she speaks no English.

Perhaps after 3 marriages, you thought one in which you can't communicate had the best chance of success.

If you're happy with the dynamics of your relationship, then that's great but don't try to pretend it's "wonderful"

That was on my mind too....was not sure though if i remembered it correctly. Thanks. Some people on here.....well, lets say....nothing ......is better.

Yep I guess people would rather be perceived by others as being something they're not rather than keeping it real.

God knows I wouldn't be calling my situation "Wonderful" if I had a wife who didn't even have enough respect for me to try to communicate with me . . . especially when I'm effectively securing her bloody financial future

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If one has children at such an old age, what are the challenges for him now and for the children when he is not around to provide for them?

I'm not around for the children I had when I was young, why should I have to be around for the children I have when I am old?

They'll be fine on their own.

There'll always be some old fool around to take care of my rejects.

Edited by BritManToo

If one has children at such an old age, what are the challenges for him now and for the children when he is not around to provide for them?

I'm not around for the children I had when I was young, why should I have to be around for the children I have when I am old?

In your case, it seems likely they'll be better off.

The whole western justice system, backed by social services and feminist/woman groups are loudly telling society children don't need fathers.

Who are we to argue with such important and powerful decision makers?

Edited by BritManToo

The whole western justice system, backed by social services and feminist/woman groups are loudly telling society children don't need fathers.

Who are we to argue with such important and powerful decision makers?

I'd put that under the catagory of being a man......

There is a 20 year age difference between me and my wife,

I look a lot younger than I am and some times the wife acts more mature than me , so it works. We have being together for over 10 years , married for seven and love each other very much.By now we are so used to each other that we dont perceive any age difference.

Last year during a routine medical examination, a heart valve congenital abnormality was discovered that required surgery, I am fine now but this event forced me to confront my mortality, and consider the fact that I will be dying well before my wife does, and that I will be leaving her along to fend for her self. I have done the best that I can to provide for her after my eventual demise,

But non the less, the thought of leaving my wife along, provides me with a degree of stress, that I have not as of yet come to terms with.

Also I dread the prospect of having my wife endure my eventual deterioration that old age will bring.

I know, very morbid thinkingsad.png , but it is a honest concern of mine.

So for that reason along I wish I had married closer to my age

At least you have no ( young) children..which would have added to your stress.

Yes indeed

That opens an other can of worms.

on the other hand, what about the wife? what if she wants children? does one deprive her of a chance at motherhood?

Would it be better for her to have children to support her after I am gone? By support I dont only mean financially,but also emotionally

oh no, i feel the stress level rising .sad.png

The wife is an adult and makes her own choices.

Children? This is Thailand where children often grow up in one parent homes. Financial security is important and one can assume that the extended family will help provide the emotional support.

I look a lot younger than I am and some times the wife acts more mature than me , so it works. We have being together for over 10 years , married for seven and love each other very much.By now we are so used to each other that we dont perceive any age difference.

Last year during a routine medical examination, a heart valve congenital abnormality was discovered that required surgery, I am fine now but this event forced me to confront my mortality, and consider the fact that I will be dying well before my wife does, and that I will be leaving her along to fend for her self. I have done the best that I can to provide for her after my eventual demise,

But non the less, the thought of leaving my wife along, provides me with a degree of stress, that I have not as of yet come to terms with.

Also I dread the prospect of having my wife endure my eventual deterioration that old age will bring.

Yes indeed

on the other hand, what about the wife? what if she wants children? does one deprive her of a chance at motherhood?

Would it be better for her to have children to support her after I am gone? By support I dont only mean financially,but also emotionally

Children? This is Thailand where children often grow up in one parent homes. Financial security is important and one can assume that the extended family will help provide the emotional support.

I disagree. One parent families maybe in rural Thailand but that is not my experience. Secondly a wife remarries children are no longer the priority..financial security for the children will be displaced by financial security for the family, next husband etc..a child should have both parents..an uneducated mother will not see the priority for a good education..so many variables..

A women has a choice..marry someone much older..and recognize the consequences..one of those being the instability, insecurity caused by the death of the father whilst the child is still young..one shouldn't assume anything in Thailand or anywhere else for that matter and as the initial marriage was more financially based in most instances those assumptions become even weaker..

There is no trust law in thailand....you cannot ring fence your assets for the child's well being..

At the minimum plan forward if you are going to have children with an age gap..

Thailand's birth rate is now the lowest in Southeast Asia except for Singapore's....... Figures from 2010 show there were 782,716 more Thai females than males between the ages of 15 and 49...... Compounding the situation is that not all males are "straight" and not all women want male partners: sexual preferences also play a role in our falling birth rate.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Single-ladies--30237777.html

So you older guys get out there and help...biggrin.png Many Thai women can be seen with partners less appealing than the ladies because of the drastic imbalance between the sexes here in Thailand, So fellows get out there and help Thailand not become a gray society.

Yes indeed

I disagree. One parent families maybe in rural Thailand but that is not my experience. Secondly a wife remarries children are no longer the priority..financial security for the children will be displaced by financial security for the family, next husband etc..a child should have both parents..an uneducated mother will not see the priority for a good education..so many variables..

A women has a choice..marry someone much older..and recognize the consequences..one of those being the instability, insecurity caused by the death of the father whilst the child is still young..one shouldn't assume anything in Thailand or anywhere else for that matter and as the initial marriage was more financially based in most instances those assumptions become even weaker..

There is no trust law in thailand....you cannot ring fence your assets for the child's well being..

At the minimum plan forward if you are going to have children with an age gap..

There are a few ways to ensure stability for the children in case of death of an older spouse. Nothing however will guarantee it even "back home".

My husband's mother is a widow. They are from rural Thailand but well educated.

Note - I am not discussing families where one spouse was a hooker. Those obviously would be more problematic.

The bigger the age difference the more brief the relationship.

Hey I am 76 and she is 25 been together 3 years now. She will hang in there for the long haul. No she has not tried to take me to the cleaners.

Please tell me that youre taking the piss out of us. Surely you havent really shacked up with a little girl young enough to be your grandaughter.

Oh, nooo! I would never, never marry a man who is 20-30 older than me. I want to have a partner, not a grandaddy (with or without a big stomach:)))

And please, don't say that a big age difference means nothing. That's not true.

Edited by azaazo9

Hey I am 76 and she is 25 been together 3 years now. She will hang in there for the long haul. No she has not tried to take me to the cleaners.

Please tell me that youre taking the piss out of us. Surely you havent really shacked up with a little girl young enough to be your grandaughter.

Oh, nooo! I would never, never marry a man who is 20-30 older than me. I want to have a partner, not a grandaddy (with or without a big stomach:)))

Google Hugh Hefner............coffee1.gif

And charlie Chaplin.

Google Hugh Hefner............coffee1.gif

And charlie Chaplin.

So ???

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The first time I arrived in bkk I saw a lot of older guys, by which I mean 70+, with quite young women, around the early 20s mark, I thought it was quite disgusting at the time but since I've gotten older(im 43), and realised life is very short my view has completely changed, I take my hat off to the old boys for sharing the company of a young woman, obviously no love involved but if it suits both party's 2 fingers up to the world, your along time dead

You say obviously no love involved. Could you please explain what love means and do it in 500.000 words or less. Thank you. clap2.gif I will enjoy living well but not sit around waiting for your assignment to be completed.coffee1.gif

Love is what you want it to be!!!!!!!!

Strange request but I guess it takes all sorts

Edited by mick01827

• 1 year later...

I'm 25 and my girlfriend is 40.

She is 15 and a half years older than me. Old enough to be my mom, so her friends sometimes crack jokes about that. We're very, very happy together.

My girlfriend's oldest daughter is 22, which is 3 years older than me. I'm not attracted to her daughter.

As an Asian American, I blend in with the locals.

My ex is a Thai lady who was 44, while I was 22. Her oldest daughter was 26 back then, which is 4 years older than me. Now she is 47, and her oldest daughter is 29.

It would appear to everyone that I'm the lady's toyboy.

Such relationships might not be so acceptable back home in the US, but cougar relationships are getting more common nowadays.

Who else here is dating older ladies? It seems like I'm a rare breed, but some posters here have mentioned similar relationships.

Edited by Falconator

On 2014-12-06 at 10:45 AM, jdinasia said:

I was 39 when we started dating. He was 24 and looked even younger.

Now I am 50 and he is 36. Officially married in the US this year.

He is Thai. He has his own house. His own car. His own career. In fact, he makes more money here than I do.

I think rgs2001uk may have had a less desirable outcome in the past than many of us.

Welcome to the club!

On 12/6/2014 at 8:41 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm 54 and my girlfriend of 4 years is 24. I've never had kids so it's an ideal age for her to get pregnant and I'm excited to say we'll be having a child next year! Would never have happened in my home country.

You are probably a Dad by now, hope it's working out for you, I am only 6 years older than you and my grandson wears me out when he comes to stay, you need stamina, I hope you have it in spades...good luck buddy

You are probably a Dad by now, hope it's working out for you, I am only 6 years older than you and my grandson wears me out when he comes to stay, you need stamina, I hope you have it in spades...good luck buddy

Thanks. Yes, we now have a 17-month old son and I'm having to find stamina I never thought I had! I wouldn't change it for anything though!!

In Thailand, I would keep it within 15 years if you don't want that girl sleeping with other men. Probably 10 or 12 in fact. Can't tell you how many women I've woken up with that told me they had an old man at home or elsewhere in the world.