Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

One photo shows (what's believed to be Nomsod) in dark shorts. The other shows what appears to be the same young man in light shorts. Dark blue shorts were left at seen at the scene of the crime. What color were David's shorts in photos prior to crime? Are the blue shorts from crime scene still in existence? Perhaps I'll donate 150 baht to the RTP so they can buy a magnifying glass, and include an instruction booklet on what to look for (hair, dead skin cells, remnants of bodily fluids, things in pockets, etc.).

Reminds me of when, in Chiang Rai, engineers and crews put in underground drainage tunnels in town. After first heavy rain, they realized the tunnels didn't have the correct slope to drain. They tore up existing tunnels and put in new ones. A year later, rains came, tunnels didn't drain. They tore up the same patches of road and did it again. 3rd time they got it right. I seriously thought of buying a plumb level and donating it to the city engineer's office.

Seen photos showing David's shorts were white/cream before the crime.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shorts that managed to find there way into Chris's suitcase, they were the white pair ?

That would be the pair running man is wearing. Seems easy enough.

I think they were long trousers and not shorts found in the suitcase. Other reports have said the trousers were found at the residence of the B2.

The shorts that managed to find there way into Chris's suitcase, they were the white pair ?

That would be the pair running man is wearing. Seems easy enough.

I think they were long trousers and not shorts found in the suitcase. Other reports have said the trousers were found at the residence of the B2.

David had shorts on when he was killed.. How did the trousers end up with the Burmese ? I could understand the shorts being there but a random pair of trousers ?

So we now have phone, sunglasses and trousers found at the guys place. How long will it be before we are told the body was also in fact there.

New evidence found in tourists’ murder case

Footage from the resort where Mr David Miller was residing showed him wearing a cream colored boxer shorts as he was walking toward the beach.

Comparing that footage to another at allocation nearby which captured the image of an Asian male shows the suspicious individual running pass the CCTV camera (from the direction of the crime scene) wearing the exact same shorts. A blue colored pants that was found by the body of Mr David is now believed to belong to the suspect.

This indicated that he mistakenly grabbed the pants of the victim to wear and left his own at the scene in a hurry as shown in the CCTV showing he ran pass hurriedly.

http://www.samuitimes.com/new-evidence-found-tourists-murder-case/

Footage from the resort where Mr David Miller was residing showed him wearing a cream colored boxer shorts as he was walking toward the beach.

Comparing that footage to another at allocation nearby which captured the image of an Asian male shows the suspicious individual running pass the CCTV camera (from the direction of the crime scene) wearing the exact same shorts. A blue colored pants that was found by the body of Mr David is now believed to belong to the suspect.

This indicated that he mistakenly grabbed the pants of the victim to wear and left his own at the scene in a hurry as shown in the CCTV showing he ran pass hurriedly.

I have never believed the story of the cross over shorts. Nomsod must have a waist 10 inches smaller than David's, they wouldn't stay up for long if he was running with them on.

You can buy shorts that are interchangeable. That may have been the case.

David's top

attachicon.gifcrimescene50.jpg attachicon.gifcrimescene49.jpg attachicon.gifcrimescene46.jpg

notice the black item swinging from davids neck could this be a phone ? also the shorts don't look the same colour or quality as the ones on the beach ,

also unable to confirm if man is black shorts is a true to not may be doctored but it's floating around on the net.

attachicon.gifcrimescene51.jpg

The black item round near his neck looks like a pair of sunglasses

From the Guardian 18th Sept -

Thai police investigating the murder on a beach of two British tourists have ruled out a link between DNA found on one of the bodies and any of the men they have so far questioned.

From the Guardian 19th Sept -

Local staff – women and men – were also given mouth swabs on the beach.

These were the extraordinary scenes on the island of Koh Tao this morning as police tried to find the killer.

Just two yards from where the murder weapon – a bloodied garden hoe – was found they lined up dozens of local staff.

They waited politely to be called and then went back to work in local bars and restaurants as the testing finished.

You would think that amongst the 'dozens of local staff' the men in prison would have been amongst them wouldn't you? The men will certainly know themselves whether they were tested first time round and given a negative result.

From the Guardian 20th Sept -

Police are now trying to track down a handful of people captured on security camera near the scene of the crime. They include a western woman seen running near the crime scene and a man of Asian appearance seen coming from the direction of the murder site, tourism police commander Major-General Atichai Ti-amart told the Phuket Gazette.

So was this 'western woman' captured on CCTV or not?

From the Guardian 21st Sept -

Kissana Phathanacharoen, a police colonel, said: "We have discovered fresh evidence which could lead to a new suspect who may have had a relationship with Hannah or one of her friends or David the night before they were killed. We have asked the Metropolitan police to go back and make enquiries of Hannah's friends on this matter." He added: "No lines of inquiry can be ruled out and we believe these crimes could have been motivated by sexual jealousy." Separately, he said police had been told of reports that the pair had had a confrontation in a bar with a Thai man before they were killed, but he could not confirm this.

I hadn't spotted that before (new suspect who may have had a relationship...). Could be very significant if true.

Police previously said they were seeking more than one suspect after unconfirmed reports that the DNA of two Asian men was found on Witheridge's body.

'Unconfirmed reports' - ???

Undecided maybe?

Do you have an hypothesis as to why David and his attacker would have removed their clothes? Was there an attempt to rape David also? Really hard to visualize what happened.

Do you have an hypothesis as to why David and his attacker would have removed their clothes? Was there an attempt to rape David also? Really hard to visualize what happened.

I don't think either of those pants are Davids

You are aware that David was found naked? I am still trying to figure out why.

Hannah was not naked however, she still had her top and skirt on

Police in Thailand investigating the murder of two British backpackers suspect they were killed by two fishermen who then fled in a boat – as CCTV images showing the couple’s last fateful movements in Koh Tao came to light last night.

(Daily Mail 20th Sept)

Makes me wonder if there were witnesses to a boat leaving the island and this statement from the police came out in order to cover up that a boat had in fact left the island and they knew it WAS NOT fishermen on it. I don't think they were making stabs in the dark at this point in the investigation. I think it was the beginning of them having the pressure put on them by 'important and influential people'. This statement was made after police admitted they had not found a DNA match with any of the islanders that had been tested.

Police in Thailand investigating the murder of two British backpackers suspect they were killed by two fishermen who then fled in a boat – as CCTV images showing the couple’s last fateful movements in Koh Tao came to light last night.

(Daily Mail 20th Sept)

Makes me wonder if there were witnesses to a boat leaving the island and this statement from the police came out in order to cover up that a boat had in fact left the island and they knew it WAS NOT fishermen on it. I don't think they were making stabs in the dark at this point in the investigation. I think it was the beginning of them having the pressure put on them by 'important and influential people'. This statement was made after police admitted they had not found a DNA match with any of the islanders that had been tested.

Police yesterday took two of his friends into custody; one was also high on drugs and the other, identified as Jom, is the driver of a long-tail boat. Police learnt that they had been on Koh Tao on the day of the murder.

Some fishermen fishing off Kanom district in Nakhon Si Thammarat province alerted police that they found a Thai man on a speedboat named "Little Duck" speeding south from Koh Pha Ngan. The man stopped by and asked for directions to Naiprao Island in the district. But he changed direction to Pakpanang district in the same province after his boat encountered a marine police boat on Naiprao beach. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-police-fail-another-day-30243890.html

I'm not convinced running man is wearing David's shorts. They finish at the knees of David and would be likely to be a lot longer on running man who appears shorter but they are not on this still. Possible that the white shorts on running man are boxers? His own or David's? Was David's underwear found on the beach?

post-222787-0-25643700-1419939600_thumb.

post-222787-0-46385300-1419939617_thumb.

(Daily Mail 20th Sept)

Police yesterday took two of his friends into custody; one was also high on drugs and the other, identified as Jom, is the driver of a long-tail boat. Police learnt that they had been on Koh Tao on the day of the murder.

Some fishermen fishing off Kanom district in Nakhon Si Thammarat province alerted police that they found a Thai man on a speedboat named "Little Duck" speeding south from Koh Pha Ngan. The man stopped by and asked for directions to Naiprao Island in the district. But he changed direction to Pakpanang district in the same province after his boat encountered a marine police boat on Naiprao beach. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Koh-Tao-police-fail-another-day-30243890.html

That all needs to come up at the trial. 'Some fishermen' ? Names? Little Duck? Where is it now? Marine police boat? Names of police? Statements from these police?

David's top

attachicon.gifcrimescene50.jpg attachicon.gifcrimescene49.jpg attachicon.gifcrimescene46.jpg

notice the black item swinging from davids neck could this be a phone ? also the shorts don't look the same colour or quality as the ones on the beach ,

also unable to confirm if man is black shorts is a true to not may be doctored but it's floating around on the net.

attachicon.gifcrimescene51.jpg

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762739-southern-police-chief-enough-evidence-in-british-tourists-murder-case-to-make-arrest-now/?p=8426330

post-155768-0-91189100-1419940545_thumb.

This is probably one of the most significant photos, whether the RTP have used a superimposition technique or not, it clearly shows a belt and what looks like an iphone or samsung. The shorts are darker which could be due to the manipulation or not, its impossible to say but it does fit with the original reports that the RTP said the running man put on Davids shorts and left his at the scene. There is clearly some dark clothing on the scene with a belt.

That answer my earlier Q 'whether David wore light colored shorts that night' ....he did.

So, we've seen CCTV of a man (with a striking resemblance to Nomsod) walking with dark shorts. And then later, supposedly after the crime, the same young thin man walking quickly with light colored shorts. Correct me if I didn't connect the dots well enough. Oh, and dark colored shorts were left at the crime scene, which would fit with earlier reports that surmised one of the perps switched shorts. I'll say it again, those dark shorts at the crime scene should be looked at very closely.

Also, early reports told of a ring in the ear of the man shown in the CCTV. The ring shows up, even in the blurry image. Which ear, and more importantly, which suspect was known to wear an earring? I think Mon does (although he wouldn't now, because of the video), and that's why cops thought it was Mon shown in the video. Again, I'm surmising from memory, so correct me if I'm off base.

To me, there was a Thaitanic shift in the investigation, when the replacement head cop was instated by Bangkok higher ups. The earlier top guy wasn't doing a very good job, but at least he was somewhat professional in looking at every lead. The replacement, however, completely disregarded any evidence which pointed to any friends/family of the Headman, and made a beeline for indicting the 3 (later became 2) Burmese. All of whom, incidentally, had been DNA tested and cleared, days before. It's obvious to any objective observer that the replacement head cop had clear instructions (or perhaps took it upon himself, tho that's doubtful) ....to nail Burmese, and do it quick! Top brass were continuing the say things like 'It couldn't have been Thais. It must have been either farang or Burmese' and every Thai executive involved with tourism kept saying, 'this is terrible for Thailand's tourist image. We must indict someone right away!'

Perps kill David. They want to make it look like David was having sex with Hannah and/or raped her. It's not hard to take baggy shorts off a dead man. Why a perp would put them on himself is very odd, but could be explained - if his own dark shorts were covered in blood. What have we heard from official channels about the dark shorts? It's doubtful the Brits looked closely at them, because they essentially didn't do any investigating of anything, except ask questions of their RTP hosts, for the few hours they were on the island. Did Thai cops scrutinize the shorts? Maybe they did but, because evidence showed things which implicated Headman's people, they kept mum about it.

Someone in a hurry to dispose of a murder weapon wouldn't place it like this. The hoe clearly has not been chucked where it has landed. It has been 'placed'. And in a location very easy to find - almost as though someone has drawn a ring around it to bring attention to it.

There doesn't appear to be any blood on the blade of the hoe?

Archived