Family of Brits murdered in Thailand say evidence convincing

Lite Beer

Maxme, a nationality is not a race, and rape / violence against women is fairly common in Myanmar.

It doesn't mean that such commonality has any bearing on the case in question, but it is factual.

So is it in Thailand but because the law is, commonly known, not enforced here there aren't enough women that report it, in fear of retaliation and be shunned off. So that statement was a cheap ploy to deal with the real criticism.
Thailand actually keeps and publishes crime statistics.

The truth is we don't know the background of the defendants yet. That background would be admissible in court in Thailand.

"They keep and publish the crime statstics." I wish I knew where your conviction of that Thai justice system is transparent, comes from. It's fairly obvious now that there is no way for you to deter from your unhealthy belief in the law enforcement in Thailand. If you saw it from a more objective point of view it would be an interesting debate we could engage in alas that seems not to be the case nor will it be in the future. Edited by maxme

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know mistakes can be made in police cases but it would be interesting to compile a list of police statements giving to the media by the RTP. Im to lazy to bother but just thinking about the few I can remember makes my head spin.

The amount of back tracking, false claims and non existent proof is laughable.

Its Hannahs phone, no its Davids!

We don't have the DNA technology, now we can do 12 hr tests.

David was killed by the hoe, none of his DNA on it though.

Topped of by the Police commanders claim of CCTV footage of Mon and Nomsod and evidence to implicate them in the murders. Even if it was a lead as claimed what kind of police force claims they have evidence when apparently they were mistaken.

We all know mistakes can be made in police cases but it would be interesting to compile a list of police statements giving to the media by the RTP. Im to lazy to bother but just thinking about the few I can remember makes my head spin.

Topped of by the Police commanders claim of CCTV footage of Mon and Nomsod and evidence to implicate them in the murders. Even if it was a lead as claimed what kind of police force claims they have evidence when apparently they were mistaken.

It will also be interesting to see them explain how a garden hoe can make cuts like a push knife

It will also be interesting to see them explain how a garden hoe can make cuts like a push knife

And how it's possible to kill two people with the same object but have no trace of the other victims DNA on it.

I still find it strange how this can happen and nobody in the nearby guest house where they were staying heard anything, just look how close it is to the crime scene

I find it more strange your refusal to provide relevant information you say you can.

Are their unsolved murders in KT? Are there unsolved rapes in KT? I can tell you the answer to that and it blows your argument out of the water.

Still waiting ... I answered your question and outside the current two on trial, I am not aware of any unsolved murders on the island. So again, I ask you to provide us the answer you say you can.

Desperation from someone who has already outed what he thinks about the Burmese people and what they are capable of as an excuse to show why the B2 could have committed this crime................as for the question I asked you you did not bother to look very hard, try a bit harder I even gave a big clue by posting just one link that mentions 2 unsolved murders and rape, did that only a couple of hours ago.

OUT

Edited by thailandchilli

According to you but as mentioned your biased views about Burmese people are now known.

Everybody else who has a brain that allows it to question and enquire, can see what you said and there's no reasoning with somebody so blind, so did you actually read the link......perhaps if you did you will get a good feel for the Island by somebody who lived there, not that you will believe any of it, so probably best not to bother

HINT

"Various sock puppet accounts appear on online message boards such as Thaivisa.com attempting to derail commentary on the incident and the character assassination of the only witness begins."

I wonder who this guy is referring to? laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRtekav6UDUdl

Edited by thailandchilli

According to you but as mentioned your biased views about Burmese people are now known.

Everybody else who has a brain that allows it to question and enquire, can see what you said and there's no reasoning with somebody so blind, so did you actually read the link......perhaps if you did you will get a good feel for the Island by somebody who lived there, not that you will believe any of it, so probably best not to bother

HINT

"Various sock puppet accounts appear on online message boards such as Thaivisa.com attempting to derail commentary on the incident and the character assassination of the only witness begins."

You have cross posted that several times.

Which "only witness" is the blogger referring to? How does it relate to this topic?

Hint - it doesn't relate and he is referring to someone who wasn't a witness.

Its up to the reader to make an assumption, thats what articles do, you make your own conclusion and everybody else will make theirs

Edited by thailandchilli

Maxme, a nationality is not a race, and rape / violence against women is fairly common in Myanmar.

It doesn't mean that such commonality has any bearing on the case in question, but it is factual.

So is it in Thailand but because the law is, commonly known, not enforced here there aren't enough women that report it, in fear of retaliation and be shunned off. So that statement was a cheap ploy to deal with the real criticism.

The truth is we don't know the background of the defendants yet. That background would be admissible in court in Thailand.

"They keep and publish the crime statstics." I wish I knew where your conviction of that Thai justice system is transparent, comes from. It's fairly obvious now that there is no way for you to deter from your unhealthy belief in the law enforcement in Thailand. If you saw it from a more objective point of view it would be an interesting debate we could engage in alas that seems not to be the case nor will it be in the future.

You are conflating again. Were we not talking about rape and crime?

HINT

You have cross posted that several times.

Which "only witness" is the blogger referring to? How does it relate to this topic?

Hint - it doesn't relate and he is referring to someone who wasn't a witness.

Its up to the reader to make an assumption, thats what articles do, you make your own conclusion and everybody else will make there's
So, you are saying articles on that blog requires readers to assume who he is talking about. Thus requiring speculation.....

Real news articles give facts...

Bloggers with agendas don't.

Edited by jdinasia

"They keep and publish the crime statstics." I wish I knew where your conviction of that Thai justice system is transparent, comes from. It's fairly obvious now that there is no way for you to deter from your unhealthy belief in the law enforcement in Thailand. If you saw it from a more objective point of view it would be an interesting debate we could engage in alas that seems not to be the case nor will it be in the future.

You are conflating again. Were we not talking about rape and crime?

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about justice. You know, innocent until proven guilty, fairness to all and all that other nonsense. :)

not taking your pathetic bait.................its clear your vested interest in KT makes your biased views blind to any argument other than supporting the RTP line

No bait at all. News sources give facts.

Your source according to you, requires speculation.

not taking your pathetic bait.................its clear your vested interest in KT makes your biased views blind to any argument other than supporting the RTP line

For you yes

Pardon?

The reason we link to news articles and not blogs is to prevent the necessity of speculation. Speculation is something some members have promised not to do regarding this case.

Edited by jdinasia

JohnThailandJohn: "One also is not known globally for widespread use of rape with impunity as a weaon and control tool "

jeez Louise, you guys will dig in all sorts of trash heaps to try and make a point. I know JTJ is American, as I am, and JD may be American also, but since you'all want to try to drag the scapegoats thru the gutter, here's a little eye-opener for you: Rapes occur within the US armed forces, and they're not rare. More than a few female soldiers don't even drink liquids after 5 pm, so they don't have to slip off to the ladies room at night. If an American vet was a suspect in this case, would you say it's likely he did it, because American soldiers are known to rape women?

Edited by boomerangutang

Actually peer reviewed documents give facts. News sources give a story based on the bias of the author. But good try.

And I will say it again, The trial of the accused is merely a sideshow, the trial of the police investigation is the main event.

For you yes

Pardon?

The reason we link to news articles and not blogs is to prevent the necessity of speculation. Speculation is something some members have promised not to do regarding this case.

Come on JD. Newspapers sometimes get things wrong, and social media sometimes get things right. Is you world so nicely compartmentalized that you actually think all that's reported in newspapers is correct, and all blogs are pure speculation and conspiracy theory?

Well, I must inform you that your gut instinct is way off the mark, if you are using the same gut instinct in deciding who are the "real" murderers you should reconsider and instead of using your gut use your brain.

I already explained why I give a crap, do try and pay attention to what you answer to instead of closing your eyes and just going with what your "gut instinct" tells you.

Now, once more, because you guys seem very slow in the uptake: I do not have any connection with Koh Tao, the headman or anyone living there. Got it?

Weren't you part of Suthep's cheerleading squad?

No, any other thing you want to postulate and be wrong about?

Sean knows more than he is letting on.

attachicon.gifSean1.jpg

In this allegedly threatening situation this lowlife wrote:

The owner of the AC bar DID it, obviously, as he is English, referring to a past event.

What exactly the bar owner did is not specified but lowlife was NOT referring to his own possible murder

although later he changed his mind and said he was!!

Even primary school kids would not make that mistake.

I am sure he knows something, what is speculation.

He batted on about 3 AC bar employees who never came to work the next day, who were they?

Edited by DennisF