Swedish found hanged in deserted building

Lite Beer

Hanged , well there must be an easier way to commit suicide . Are there any balconies in this building ? Did he bring a rope with him / OK so I doubt that he took his own life.

"Are there any balconies in this building?"

Jeezus H., dd you look at the picture? Balconies?facepalm.gif Probably close to a thousand.

A gross memorial to greed and bad taste. And the last place of quiet for a tragedy. RIP Swede.

post-9891-0-88540100-1417858812_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I highly doubt anyone would walk willingly up 43 flights of stairs to be executed. I mean, if someone was going to force me into an abandoned tower, I would be kicking, scratching, screaming, the whole way up.

I can't imagine any Thai carrying a farang up 43 flights of stairs to stage a suicide either.

I would call this one what it is...

• Like 2

I stayed in the Centra Hotel which looks across from this building last month, it seemed busy with what looked like transients staying there, I wonder what took them so long to find him.

I don't think transients would be climbing to the 43rd floor in Bangkok's heat. There are no lifts in a deserted, half finished building.

• Like 1

I highly doubt anyone would walk willingly up 43 flights of stairs to be executed. I mean, if someone was going to force me into an abandoned tower, I would be kicking, scratching, screaming, the whole way up.

I can't imagine any Thai carrying a farang up 43 flights of stairs to stage a suicide either.

I would call this one what it is...

Could've been drugged and carried in already dead. Unlikely to be found for weeks, by which time the drugs would be out of his system.

• Like 1

Condolences to family and friends. Thailand takes another foreign life.

No - this is another foreigner who takes his life in Thailand.

was thinking exact same thing... nothing to do with Thailand and everything to do with this poor soul's life RIP

• Like 1

The guy who found the body tried in vain to contact the police?

He posted a message on a website seeking help from other posters?

What am I missing here?

Bloody sad way to go .

Absolutely, craziest thing I ever heard. You walk out into the streets of a major city and find it impossible to contact the police.....so you go home and put on a website......"there's a dead body in a building I've just left....what should I do?

May the deceased RIP.

• Like 1

30 years old is about the right age to have just reached your maximum machismo and then to find out the the woman of your dreams, the one you have been banging for the last week is actually a guy.

For some young men this would be an abominable situation to find themselves in, going against all that they stand for.

The only way to live with that is not to live with it.

Not my thinking but I can see where it may be some's.

R.I.P.

I stayed in the Centra Hotel which looks across from this building last month, it seemed busy with what looked like transients staying there, I wonder what took them so long to find him.

"He paid a 100-baht service fee to a security guard to get access to the building."

Ok, so if the Thai had to pay Baht 100.- may I assume that the Swede did as well?

In the Thai press they say there were several empty food containers in the room from a local convenience store, so it looks like he had been living there for a period of time. His wallet was empty of cash, so it's possible he had run out of money.

Apparently Thais were charged 100 Baht for entry to the building and Farang 200 Baht.

Having seen a video of inside the building in the news today, it looks in a poor state, really run down and dilapidated inside.

"He paid a 100-baht service fee to a security guard to get access to the building."

Ok, so if the Thai had to pay Baht 100.- may I assume that the Swede did as well?

In the Thai press they say there were several empty food containers in the room from a local convenience store, so it looks like he had been living there for a period of time. His wallet was empty of cash, so it's possible he had run out of money.

Apparently Thais were charged 100 Baht for entry to the building and Farang 200 Baht.

Having seen a video of inside the building in the news today, it looks in a poor state, really run down and dilapidated inside.

The guy who found the body tried in vain to contact the police?

He posted a message on a website seeking help from other posters?

What am I missing here?

Bloody sad way to go .

thai language media interviewed the guy and he said he spoke to police but police were not interested. police went after social media carried event.