Jomtien Immigration

Hi, a couple of questions;

1, How soon before the end of my 30 day visa exempt entry can I apply for the 30 day extension ?

2. Is Jomtien still charging 3000 Baht for the 30 day extension ? (I know it should be 1900 Baht, but there were a couple of stories that they charge 3k for the the 30 days)

Many thanks

You can apply a couple of weeks early.

We have had recent reports of people getting the extension for the normal 1900 baht fee recently.

There was another one where they told a member that they could get 30 day extension by showing a ticket out of the country with hints that they could pay extra to get get it without the ticket.

• Like 1

I was out of the country for one of my extensions 2 years ago and was allowed to do it a bit more than 30 days early. Doing it a few weeks early is almost never a problem.

I did an extension 2 weeks ago and paid 2k. Not sure where the extra 100B went to, but I didn't ask.

If you do go, be aware the numbering system might still be broken. Best to ask before waiting an hour for your number to be called only to find out it's broken! LOL

Also, make sure the date is correct. They stamped mine with the wrong date. Had to go back and get it corrected.

I did an extension 2 weeks ago and paid 2k. Not sure where the extra 100B went to, but I didn't ask.

I've always been given the 100B change from my 2000B. But I am the sort of person who would not hesitate to ask for it if it didn't come automatically, and maybe that shows in my eyes.