I miss 2 stroke - and I am doing something !

bkmbkk

This is in the smaller bike division, but still fun I think.

I have dragged my old Honda Nova Dash out of the garage. and stripped it down for a new build up incl. tuning of engine (drag racing style).

The bike is almost done (by my Thai mechanic friend).

My next project has been tumbling in my head, since I saw the Honda MSX first time.

I plan to put a Yamaha Yz 85 (or 125) on a Honda MSX !

I will buy a new Yz engine soon and also a MSX to fit it in.

There is going to be quite some mods done to the little MSX, as engine mounts are far from a "bolt on".

Original they are top side of engine and the YZ is buttom side of engine.

It is doable !

I am not going to make a motocross copy of the MSX and use on the track - no it is going to be a street version with extended swing arm, and if I have to outrun the cops - so be it.

All just for fun and little use, but nice to have on a Sunday.

Any objections ?

• Like 2

Buy a mtx 200 here in Thailand, a lot less work.... 28 horsepower,

so would make short work of any police trying to chase you..

the Nova Dash will beat it easy.

My modified Nova Dash will beat it easy.

I was looking at the KTM's a while back and a 300 ESC could proberly be fun, and a decent ride, but for now I will do it small bike / MSX style.

When I go 2-stroke it is front end up in as many gears as possible in straight engine puling power.

The Dash did that up to 4 th gear and speed around 130/140 kpm in the old days - it will be back in glory again soon.

a street version without valid green book and no valid insurance. sounds like a winner

I get a green book and insurance when I buy the bike.

Mods come after.

if you change the engine to 2 stroke the green book will have to be changed which is impossible since no 2 stroke will pass emisions. no valid green book means no valid insurance.Even changing the colour of the bike and the green books needs to be updated

a street version without valid green book and no valid insurance. sounds like a winner

I get a green book and insurance when I buy the bike.

Mods come after.

if you change the engine to 2 stroke the green book will have to be changed which is impossible since no 2 stroke will pass emisions. no valid green book means no valid insurance.Even changing the colour of the bike and the green books needs to be updated

Two strokes pass emissions all the time in pattaya.

This is my first bike so Im new to it all. But I was kind of brought up around 2 strokes one of my friends back home is a fanatic.

My 2 stroke looks like an old fruit cart bike.

But now I have a feeling what my next thread will be. How do I pass emissions with my 2 stroke? I'll keep you guys posted once I get it done.

Edited by OnMyWay2

yz 85/125 in a honda msx?

fitting incompatible engines into frames is a headache for even the best mech/engineer

Just restore/hop up some other original bike

Actually it is quite easy & we use to do it all the time when we were young.

We horseshoed all kinds of small Honda engines into off brand frames.

Of course we are talking just about small 125cc or less engines but...All that is

really important is drive/chain line is straight. Does not take much to weld on a mounting

plate/hanger etc & we would add a bottom bolt but that was about it.

• Like 1