Bangkaew to a good home

We are going to the Philippines this month and I think taking my 5 year old Bangkaew would be too stressfull for him.

i am therefore looking to find him a good home. He is a 5 year old neutred dog, microchipped and fully vaccinated including rabies and flea and ticks.

he has lived in an apartment all his life but sleeps on the balcony so can live anywhere. He loves people and is not dog aggressive. Normally ignores other dogs.

pm me if you are interested thanks.

299639_224111020985447_100001596524513_6

Edited by bangkaew

I can understand someone saying that with going to Australia and the long quarantine there. I cannot understand it going to the Phillipines. I have talked to my two dogs and they have said that there is only room for two here.

I hope things work out well for him. He is a beautiful dog.

we did actually intend taking him, hence the chip, but we had wrong information and we don't have the import license we need and we leave tomorrow. Plus we have a 4 month baby and I am in a wheelchair with motor neuron disease. Plus we are staying at in laws with dogs outside so he will not like that!

meatboy, you clearly have a lot of time on your hands. Maybe you should take him?

post-136137-0-57659400-1418100075_thumb.

This further information helps to explain why. I think you should though try to take him even if it means having him kenelled until the paper is obtained. I know how hard it is to arrange things when you are in a wheelchair as I am in one myself. I hope your health remains as will as it can. Bangkaws are a family dog, your photos show he is loved. I hope things work out and that he does not have to lose his family. I cannot take him but I wish I could.

• Like 1

we did actually intend taking him, hence the chip, but we had wrong information and we don't have the import license we need and we leave tomorrow. Plus we have a 4 month baby and I am in a wheelchair with motor neuron disease. Plus we are staying at in laws with dogs outside so he will not like that!

meatboy, you clearly have a lot of time on your hands. Maybe you should take him?

sorry bangkaew i already have a beloved son[avatar]

sorry to sound so harsh but it would sound a bit better if you had told us the reason.

he is goner miss the baby.

Beautiful Dog.

we would love to take him but unfortunately our new house is far from finished, so can't. A real shame. As soon as our house is finished we are going to get 2 Bangkaew (male and female) but not for breeding but just as pets and they will have 4.5 Rai to play on ;)

Question, where did you get yours ? I will be looking preferably in the Buriram area but willing to Travel.

Good luck in finding him a good home.

Edited by MJCM

The centre for Bangkaew breeding is still Phitsanulok.

There's a long thread on this forum about Bangkaews; it makes interesting reading.... with posters for and against.

I had one for four years. They're beautiful dogs, but have become popular so quickly that many are very highly-strung (probably inbred). Mine was one of those.

He could be an absolute charmer, or the reverse. One friend of mine was not allowed within sight of the house.... and yet another time the dog sat in the midst of a crowd of children sitting on the floor in my house, and he simply lapped up all the attention he was getting.

In an earthquake he went ballistic.... while a little Thai dog was nosing around without being bothered by it. Luckily I had the Bangkaew on the lead.

Sorry! Bangkaew owners love to talk about them!

• Like 1

thanks isanbirder.

We love Bangkaew, when we stayed in the house we took care of one for a couple of months when his owner had to return to Europe unexpectedly.

So we decided that when our new house is finished (we are now in a condo) we are going to take 2 (we will have the space and the time for them) and as the property will be fenced in, they can go where they like and if they go ballistic when someone enters the property when we aren't there or if we don't know someone is entering so be it, but we will of course put a (multi language) warning sign on the gate biggrin.png

We had Thai friends look on the internet for us already where to get the "original" (is that a word you can use ?) and not the in-bred. And they found as you said Phitsanulok but there where also a couple places near Chonburi, so that's why the question. And I rather hear from owners where they got their dog from.

Will have a look at the other threads.

Thanks

wai.gif

Our two are Bankaews but not pedigree type. Beautiful dogs and the best friends you could ever have.They love everyone in the family and seem to have a great sense of who else comes is a friend or not. I would not like to be the person who threatened any of us with them around.

I hope the OP found a solution to his problem. His is a beautiful dog and I am sure he does not want to do the wrong thing by him.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...