HPV / Warts / Treatment / HPV Vaccine Questions

fauxrang

The doctor at St Loius zaps my pre skin cancer spots with a freezing spray, co2 I think , maybe liquid nitrogen ?

it hurts like Hell on my back for a few minutes , then in a few days scabs over and a few more days the scabs fall off ,

if I had to do that on my privates I would needs some serious pain drugs before they zapped down there !

Edited by BKKdreaming

"Does anybody know the cost of the HPV vaccinations?"

I know, for girls, anyway, it is about 10k baht - and that is for 3 injections. I would certainly want my future/hypothetical daughters to have it.

"if I had to do that on my privates I would needs some serious pain drugs before they zapped down there !"

I do not recall her using local anesthetic on me for the cryo - but they Drs did use local anesthetic during my electrocautery treatments. I think I could have potentially done without it - although it would definitely sting bad.

My warts were just on the skin - if they were on the head of my penis - I could imagine the cryo would be very painful.

I am still having a hard time here... I was thrilled to learn I have common skin warts - but this is still hard to deal with. Try having common warts on your penis and testicles - they spend all day rubbing into each other, and into my clothing. Recipe for it to spread.

I had my most recent electrocautery wounds covered with bandaids for several days (I changed the bandaid every day) - and now I have a lot of red splotches in some areas - some of which I think are just irritations from all the adhesive - but some of which may be more baby warts.

For the past 2 days, I have had my penis wrapped in a sheet of toilet paper, connected with scotch tape - so my penis and testicles can not make contact. This looks ridiculous - but I have no other way to prevent myself from rubbing into... myself.

Anyway - this Dr wanted to use the electro treatment, and said it would be about 4-5k baht... which I thought was a bit ridiculous

Seems like a bargain to me. I had this done earlier in the week. The physican's fee alone was 5,000 Baht, and the total came to just short of 10,000 Baht. That was at one of the Samitivej hospitals.

Well I also had my cautery done at Samitevej - 3x... they were all in the 3k-4k range. Total. 5k just for the Drs fee is insane.

Anyway - I went to the Dermatology Dept of Samitivej on Friday - and the Dr would not diagnose me as having any warts... I had red splotchiness all over my penis, most of which I think is a bad allergic reaction to adhesive from Nexcare bandaids (from Boots). But the redness has just gotten worse over the weekend - so I probably going in again tomorrow. I have/had individual red spots that are really concerning me - but were not concerning the Dr.

He did give me Aldara - just in case I needed it... but I wouldn't even know when to use it. Looking at my penis - I would have used it already... but he (much like the Dermatologist at St Louis) was not convinced that things I was pointing at were warts. He told me he was giving me 2 weeks of treatment, and that each thing/whatever would be used 3 times. When I got home, I looked... I have 2 250mg packets - they say "1 Application" on it. But from other stuff I have read - I can open it with a pin prick, and preserve it? They charged me 720b for the 2 packets.

Just googling online.... most pictures of skin warts are not really matching what I have. Some pictures of eczema/dermatitis are a much closer match. Pictures of "allergy adhesive" are pretty good as well.

I came across this product while reading about warts, anyone have an opinion if its BS: https://www.amoils.com/warts.html "Natural, Topical Homeopathic Wart Product"

My penis has been slathered in Aloe Vera since Friday - but its not really looking better.

Edited by fauxrang

Aldara has a very specific treatment procedure so look up before use and protect from getting over too much area. Yes you can use more than once for normal small areas and yes it is expensive. But it has been tested and very effective treatment and also at destroying any cancer cells. That said I would not use without more indication of rough skin/bumps if doctors do not believe warts. But I am not a doctor, or you.

He did give me Aldara - I can open it with a pin prick, and preserve it? They charged me 720b for the 2 packets.

I came across this product while reading about warts, anyone have an opinion if its BS: https://www.amoils.com/warts.html "Natural, Topical Homeopathic Wart Product"

My penis has been slathered in Aloe Vera since Friday - but its not really looking better.

No problem just using part of a pack of Aldara. This was actually recommended to me by a doctor a few years ago. For me, however, Aldara was not effective.

The product is indeed, utter BS. It's homoeopathic, so by definition it's no better than a placebo. The rave reviews are either fake, or the result of the user's warts spontaneously falling off on their own, which they would have done without any treatment.

As for the though of your todger slathered in aloe vera, I now need to get my mind scrubbed. Too much sharing!

Went back to Samitiwej Skin Dept - saw a different Dr this time.

This one again confirmed I do not have any warts... and thinks I had an allergic reaction to the Nexcare fabric bandaids. "Oh - do not put this down there, too strong!"

She gave me Prednisolone tablets (a Corticosteroid) + Zyrtec tablets (an antihistamine) + Diprosone ointment (a Corticosteroid).

My understanding - is all of these would be very bad to use on warts... even though both Drs cleared me (visually) of having any warts - I am still in that gray-area where new warts could pop up due to contact. So I do not plan on using this cream... will consider the pills. I do not really need any help with the itching and rash... I will be glad to wait that out if it means lowering my chance of having any warts.

It is never too late to get the HPV vaccine. I cannot stress this enough. Ideally, getting it before ever having sex is advised.... But it is never too late....

And there are 2 different HPV vaccines. Gardasil indeed protects against two of the strain which cause warts.

Gardasil has been banned in many countries because it contains sterilizing agents like many other vaccines.

Polysorbal 80 (AKA Tween 80) gets mis-labeled as an "emulsifier", PZP a wild horse sterilizer & HCG antigen have all been found present in vaccines.

The best vaccine disaster is the monkey virus SV40 being in 200m shots of the Polio vaccine - now having spread worldwide causes 50% of all soft tissue cancers.

There are American girls that went through the menopause at 16 after a Gardasil injection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAB6KMATDoE

He did give me Aldara - I can open it with a pin prick, and preserve it? They charged me 720b for the 2 packets.

No problem just using part of a pack of Aldara. This was actually recommended to me by a doctor a few years ago. For me, however, Aldara was not effective.

The product is indeed, utter BS. It's homoeopathic, so by definition it's no better than a placebo. The rave reviews are either fake, or the result of the user's warts spontaneously falling off on their own, which they would have done without any treatment.

As for the though of your todger slathered in aloe vera, I now need to get my mind scrubbed. Too much sharing!

Aldara is highly effective if your immune system is in good working order (no colds or fever, no other skin complaints) because it tells your immune system to get rid of the thing you've applied Aldara to. It needs to be used precisely and with patience. if you get it on anything other than the warts, expect a pretty strong reaction. If the warts are still multiplying and/or growing, the virus is still present and no treatment will be able to get ahead of the propogation rate quickly. Also -- you will help if you boost your immune system with vitamin and mineral supplements -- zinc especially.

Edited by jpinx

It is never too late to get the HPV vaccine. I cannot stress this enough. Ideally, getting it before ever having sex is advised.... But it is never too late....

And there are 2 different HPV vaccines. Gardasil indeed protects against two of the strain which cause warts.

Gardasil has been banned in many countries because it contains sterilizing agents like many other vaccines.

Polysorbal 80 (AKA Tween 80) gets mis-labeled as an "emulsifier", PZP a wild horse sterilizer & HCG antigen have all been found present in vaccines.

The best vaccine disaster is the monkey virus SV40 being in 200m shots of the Polio vaccine - now having spread worldwide causes 50% of all soft tissue cancers.

There are American girls that went through the menopause at 16 after a Gardasil injection.

There are sometimes risks with vaccines, however the benefit of HPV vaccination far outweighs the potential (very unlikely) side effects.

This is all utterly irresponsible nonsense.

I am not aware of a single country where Gardasil has been banned (though Japan doesn't currently recommend its use in girls 12-16).

Yes, SV40 contaminated some batches of polio vaccine back in the late 50s/early 60s. That was unfortunate. However, SV40 does not cause cancer in man. The American NCI carried out a study in the late '90s which showed there was no increased incidence of cancer in people who may have received vaccine containing SV40. A similar study in Sweden produced the same non-result.

As for the claim that SV40 causes 50% of all soft tissue cancers, that's plain ludicrous. There's not even any evidence that SV40 does cause cancer at all.

And as for anecdotal reports of girls stopping menstruation, it happens. No reason whatsoever to think there was any causal relationship between Gardasil injection and the incidents.

Vaccination is one of the greatest medical advances of all time. Modern vaccines are incredibly well tested and safe. The risk from people with ill-informed, irrational fears of vaccination are a far greater threat to their families and to broader society than the vaccines themselves.

So - I really don't know what to think right now. My rash is 90% gone... I did not use the steroid cream or the pills. I am only comfortable using the antibiotic (from my electrocautery) and Aloe Vera. (many articles online state you should not apply any steroid or antihistamine near warts)

The rash contained the same kind of ambiguous marks (pimply looking things) that I had the urologists zap off. IE - those were almost certainly *not* warts.

In the context of being told I have warts, I wanted anything (and everything) odd-looking zapped off immediately. But the only person to clearly see & diagnose me with warts was a Urologist. The same Urologist that eventually was zapping random things off my penis. By the time I saw a dermatologist, I had already used acid treatment, and she was just haphazardly applying cryotherapy on top of acid burn marks. That Dr never clearly saw a wart, and the 2 dermatologists I saw at Samitiwej never saw a wart. At no point did *I* clearly see a wart.

It is possibly the original batch of bumps in my pubic hair line *were* skin warts - and then everything afterwards was me having eczema/dermatitis from repeated acid/cryotherapy/electrocautery and/or breakouts from *extreme* duress. (I was internally devastated, initially)

This entire thing was utterly confusing, as the first couple Drs didn't care to clarify that I do not have genital warts. All literature on genital warts clearly says that you will not get it from towels/clothing/etc. Common skin warts are quite the opposite - you are far more likely to get skin warts from an object than touching another person's wart. So, again, in the context of being told I have *skin* warts 2 months too late - it was entirely plausible to me that every little odd mark that appeared on me was a new wart - spreading from 2 months of friction with my clothing... and even friction with myself..

Now I do not know what to believe. I will continue taking supplements (L-Lysine, Vit C, Cod Liver Oil) (that I originally started under the guise of aiding genital wart care), and monitor the hell out of my skin down there - every day.

I had curettage and cauterisation of a number of verrucae on both feet almost two weeks ago. The wounds are still incredibly painful and it's difficult to walk more than a few paces. There's no infection, but the centre of each wound is still bright red and raw. Does anyone know how long this pain is going to carry on?

The surgeon said that I should take paracetamol for the pain. Fat lot of good that's been. Is there anything stronger available without prescription? (Would Tramadol be a good choice?)

(As a side note, my experience with the surgeon wasn't great. No offer of alternative treatments. No explanation of the treatment to be performed. No asking whether I was allergic to the local anaesthetic. No warning of how painful the wounds would be. When I asked how long to heal he said "a week", which is clearly wrong. And finally, I was asked to sign a consent form after the surgery had been done. I'd gone to see my dermatologist that day and wasn't expecting surgery. The whole thing was so rushed I just didn't have time to think.)

Edited by AyG

Treatment

• Mechanical removal (eg, by cryotherapy, electrocauterization, laser, or surgical excision)
  • Topical treatment (eg, with antimitotics, caustics, or interferon inducers)

No treatment of anogenital warts is completely satisfactory, and relapses are frequent and require retreatment. In immunocompetent people, genitalwarts may resolve without treatment. In immunocompromised patients, warts may be less responsive to treatment.

Genitalwarts may be removed by cryotherapy, electrocauterization, laser, or surgical excision; a local or general anesthetic is used depending on the size and number to be removed. Removal with a resectoscope may be the most effective treatment; a general anesthetic is used.

Topical antimitotics (eg, podophyllotoxin, podophyllin, 5-fluorouracil

), caustics (eg, trichloroacetic acid), interferon inducers (eg, imiquimod

), and sinecatechins (a newer botanical product with an unknown mechanism) are widely used but usually require multiple applications over weeks to months and are frequently ineffective. Before topical treatments are applied, surrounding tissue should be protected with petroleum jelly. Patients should be warned that after treatment, the area may be painful.

Interferon alfa (eg, interferon alfa-2b

, interferon alfa-n3

), intralesionally or IM, has cleared intractable lesions on the skin and genitals, but optimal administration and long-term effects are unclear. Also, in some patients with bowenoid papulosis of the genitals (caused by type 16 HPV), lesions initially disappeared after treatment with interferon alfa but reappeared as invasive cancers.

For intraurethral lesions, thiotepa

(an alkylating drug), instilled in the urethra, is effective. In men, 5-fluorouracil

applied bid to tid is highly effective for urethral lesions, but rarely, it causes swelling, leading to urethral obstruction. Endocervical lesions should not be treated until Papanicolaou (Pap) test results rule out other cervical abnormalities (eg, dysplasia, cancer) that may dictate additional treatment.

By removing the moist underside of the prepuce, circumcision may prevent recurrences in uncircumcised men.

Sex partners of women with endocervical warts and of patients with bowenoid papulosis should be counseled and screened regularly for HPV-related lesions. A similar approach can be used for HPV in the rectum.

Current sex partners of people with genitalwarts should be examined and, if infected, treated.

Prevention

A quadrivalent vaccine that protects against the 2 types of HPV (types 6 and 11) that cause > 90% of visible genitalwarts is available. This vaccine also protects against the 2 types of HPV (types 16 and 18) that cause most cervical cancers. A bivalent vaccine that protects against types 16 and 18 is also available.

The HPV vaccine (quadrivalent or bivalent—see see Recommended Immunization Schedule for Ages 7–18 yrlegend_table_crop.gif) is recommended for girls and women aged 9 to 26 yr for prevention of initial infection. Three doses are given, preferably at age 11 to 12 yr. The vaccine should be administered before onset of sexual activity, but girls and women who are sexually active should still be vaccinated.

Only the quadrivalent vaccine is recommended for males. Three doses of the vaccine are recommended for boys at age 11 to 12; boys aged 13 to 21 who have not completed the 3-dose series should also be given the vaccine. The vaccine is also recommended for men up to age 26 who have sex with men or whose immune system is compromised; it may be given to men aged 22 to 26 if they have not completed the 3-dose series.

Because of the location of these warts, condoms may not fully protect against infection.

Key Points

• Genitalwarts are caused by a few types of human papillomavirus (HPV).
  • HPV types 16 and 18 cause about 70% of cervical cancers and can cause cancer in other areas, including the vulva, vagina, penis, and oropharynx.
  • Diagnose warts by inspection; HPV testing is available, but its role in HPV management is unclear.
  • Remove warts mechanically or using various topical treatments.
  • HPV vaccination is recommended for children and young adults of both sexes.