PM Prayuth's 'doppelganger' found In Nong Khai

webfact

PM Prayuth's 'Doppelganger' Found In Nong Khai
By Khaosod English

14180412541418041410l.jpg
Khamkian Bantao, 54, a gym teacher in Nong Khai province who is said to resemble Thai PM and junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha.

NONG KHAI — A photo of a gym teacher in Nong Khai province has gone viral on social media after a student pointed out the teacher's likeness to Thai junta leader and Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Thai netizens first discovered Khamkian Bantao, 54, after a Twitter user posted an image (below) comparing Khamkian to Gen. Prayuth with the caption, "Does my teacher look like Uncle Prayuth?"

B4_BQ3r_CYAAdvpi.jpg

The photo has been "retweeted" nearly 10,000 times since it was posted on 4 December.

Khamkian, who teaches physical education at Pathumthep Witthayakarn School, said today that he saw a student taking photo of him on the morning of 4 December but did not think much about it.

"But on the next day, my friends, my kid, and my kid's friends kept phoning me and teasing me that I am now a superstar because someone posted a photo of me and said I looked like Gen. Prayuth," Khamkian told Khaosod. "I don't even know why people think I look like him!"

Khamkian added that students and teachers at his school have been commenting his resemblance to Gen. Prayuth for several months already.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1418041254&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-12-09

• Like 1

In a country with freedom of speech he would easily get a nice side-job for appearing in funny shows and satire.

But i guess he can better not think of bringing happiness this way as it will land him in jail for insulting the general.

Edited by Bob12345

Maybe it's just me, old age and decrepitness, but I could find a bunch of 50ish Thai guys with dyed black hair, put them in their super swish Boy Scout uniform and they all look the same to me.

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1