Predawn fire at boutique hotel on Bangkok's Silom road

webfact

Predawn fire at hotel on Silom road

BANGKOK: -- A predawn fire broke out at a boutique hotel in Silom business district on Tuesday morning sending mostly foreign guests fleeing for safety.

No one was injured but the gutted room badly damaged.

The fire was reported at the iCheck InnSilom on Soi Silom 28 in Bang Rak district at 5.45 am, Bang Rak police said.

Fire trucks rushed to the scene found thick smoke coming from a room on the second floor of the four-story hotel.

All guests were alerted and they quickly came out their rooms safely.

It took firemen about half an hour to contain the fire in the room.

A hotel staffer said the room was booked by Arab guests and they were not in the room during the fire but with the key card inserted.

Police believed the fire might have been caused by a short circuit or possibly an unextinguished cigarette butt left in the room.

They were investigating to establish the actual cause and find the guests for questionings.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/predawn-fire-hotel-silom-road

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-09

Where there is smoke they say, there is fire.

In this case where there were smokes there was a fire!

Sadly for the hotel they are now losing revenue.

But waiting for an insurance payout.

I mean god forbid the fire started in an unoccupied room in the middle of the day, the fire trucks would never get there in time.

"Police believed the fire might have been caused by a short circuit or possibly an unextinguished cigarette butt left in the room."

Hate to be critical but my guess is the former ...

That's only what we expect from you, unfounded speculation.

They must have left the key card in the indoor holder to keep the ac running

Nah, it was to keep the meth cooking.

In some locations in the USA, I've been warned not to use the hotel coffee pots. Seems the meth heads cook up their batches in them, and it leaves some residue that makes the coffee "extra strong" for the next one to use the pot.

I have no clue if it's true, but better safe than sorry. I always bought my coffee outside.

"Police believed the fire might have been caused by a short circuit or possibly an unextinguished cigarette butt left in the room."

Hate to be critical but my guess is the former ...

That's only what we expect from you, unfounded speculation.

Denigrating remarks towards members of the forum is not allowed, and will be removed! However, Thai and Russian bashing and expressing kindness towards non-Thai rapist - murderers is still allowed. Edited by Impossible