Cobbler and eyeglass shop

phuketsub

• 2 weeks later...

I realise it's not Songkla town, but HatYai has a row of what appear to be cobblers, under the bridge at the end of Ratakhan Rd (about 500 metres from the train station.

Thanks for that Seastallion..they have been there for decades; just wondering where their Songkhla Town brethren may dwell...

[forgive the holiday-induced, old timey language].,

• 2 weeks later...

To answer my own question regarding a cobbler, there is a lady set up in front of Lee (opposite Rajabaht) who has a cobbler business and she does a good job at a reasonable price.

For someone with size 14 feet like me, a good cobbler is a godsend. She told me most of the work she does is just stitching soles back onto shoes, because almost all of the mass-produced shoes these days just glue them together and they come apart before soles are close to wearing out.

That has definitely been the situation in my case almost ever time. Anyway, just FYI

• Like 1

I don't know if they do as done on Samui, but often outside the (Post office in Nathon, most often) there is a mobile unit, that sells reasonably priced glasses and frames ...

The problem maybe to find frames that fit, but they do have a grinder for the lenses they sell, so if you can find a frame that is close, they be able to do it! ??

I don't know if this is something done in other areas of Thailand ... if not it makes this a bunch of cobblers! whistling.giftongue.png or else you need to come to Samui for a holiday! ... trouble is they are not there every day!

Optical shops seem to be not wanting to do it.... they want the whole nine yards! sad.png

Edited by samuijimmy