Thai Interior Ministry adds 10 more channels for visa on arrival

Interior Ministry adds 10 more channels for visa on arrival

BANGKOK: -- Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda said Tuesday that ten more immigration checkpoints have been approved as channels for granting visa on arrival to tourists from 18 countries and one economic zone.

Earlier, tourists from these countries can receive visa on arrival from 32 immigration checkpoints. The ten new channels include Tha Li checkpoint in Loei, Tak Bai checkpoint in Narathiwat and Kuan Done checkpoint in Satun.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Interior-Ministry-adds-10-more-channels-for-visa-o-30249435.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-09

• Like 1

List of check points from another source.

Nong Khai province, Bung Kan,

Ubon Ratchathani (at Phibun Mangsahan immigration checkpoint next to the Chong Mek pass)

Loei (Tha Li immigration checkpoint)

Nakhon Phanom (at the third Thai-Lao friendship...

Nan (Huay Kone immigration checkpoint)

Songkhla (Ban Prakorb immigration checkpoint)

Satun (Khuan Don checkpoint)

Narathiwat (Tak Bai and Buketa checkpoints).

• Like 1

Ubon Ratchathani (at Phibun Mangsahan immigration checkpoint next to the Chong Mek pass)

With these Tak Bai checkpoint in Narathiwat and Kuan Done checkpoint in Satun then its ten. As another poster pointed out the article says "visa on arrival" (voa) not visa exempt, correct?

UPDATE:

Visa-on-arrival services approved for 10 more border checkpoints
By Digital Content

14181165411225-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 10 -- Interior Minister Gen Anupong Paojinda said that additional visa-on-arrival services were approved and published in the Royal Gazette on November 10 and will take effect December 10.

The move is aimed at promoting tourism, economic activities, transport, trade and the formation of the ASEAN Economic Community, he said.

The 10 new visa on arrival locations are the immigration checkpoints at Nong Khai province by the Mekong River and Bung Kan province, the Phibun Mangsahan checkpoint in Ubon Ratchathani at the Chong Mek border pass, the Tha Li immigration checkpoint in Loei, the Nakhon Phanom immigration checkpoint at the third Thai-Lao friendship bridge, the Huai Kone immigration checkpoint in Nan, the Ban Prakob immigration checkpoint in Songkhla, the Khuan Don immigration checkpoint in Satun, the Tak Bai and Buketa immigration checkpoints in Narathiwat.

Gen Anupong said that visa-on-arrival services were available for visitors from 18 countries and one economic zone at 32 locations, most of which were immigration booths at airports and in important border areas. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-12-10

My fiancee from Philippines lives with me, does not work, can she do multiple back to back 30 day VOA by doing border crossings or are they still insisting that she must be working if she is doing so many border runs?

My fiancee from Philippines lives with me, does not work, can she do multiple back to back 30 day VOA by doing border crossings or are they still insisting that she must be working if she is doing so many border runs?

Your fiancee dose not qualify for a VOA. A VOA is only for those from 18 countries mentioned in the news article.

She qualifies for a 30 day visa exempt entry when arriving by air or 15 days at a border crossing.

She might be able to do one back to back entry. They recently restricted using visa exempt entries.

It would be best she gets a tourist visa that would give her a 60 entry extendable for 30 days at immigration.

Ban Prakrob crossing has its own fb page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ban-Prakob-Border-Thailand/1471493349743635

I don't know who will use it, its not on a major tourist through route.

I don't think they were that concerned about how many people use the check points.

It appears the just decided to give authority to do VOA's at all the check points on the Malaysian and Lao borders.

Thats only three what are the other 7 ? Guess the reporter did not learn math.wink.png

On the same note, I presume you didn't learn English because it's Maths not Math!!

I beg to differ. Math is short for mathematics which is pluralized already. From what I was taught in school maths is not correct. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_(disambiguation)

• Like 1

Thats only three what are the other 7 ? Guess the reporter did not learn math.wink.png

On the same note, I presume you didn't learn English because it's Maths not Math!!

I beg to differ. Math is short for mathematics which is pluralized already. From what I was taught in school maths is not correct. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_(disambiguation)

I have to agree with ubonjoe. While I know you can find the word maths used on the Internet, I have never heard the term used anywhere in the U.S., and I was a Math major. Could it be a slang used in another country? Never mind, off topic. Sorry, just was wondering.

I said English, that's Queens English not the Yank version so looking at Wikipedia (which is american) won't help you.....you won't hear English people say math because it's maths....sorry ;)

I said English, that's Queens English not the Yank version so looking at Wikipedia (which is american) won't help you.....you won't hear English people say math because it's maths....sorry wink.png

So both are correct dependent upon the person writing it.

• Like 1

I lost the visa channels thread, but what the hell. Yes, mathematics is a plural subject. So how can you ascribe a singular abbreviation to its several branches?

But then there are numerous other oddities which defy grammatical logic. Particularly the verb 'fit', which in American English, covers a multitude of sins, whether describing the tense in the past, present, or the future, and whether the action of a first, second or third person, singular or plural, noun or pronoun. Fit for every occasion.

I have to agree with ubonjoe. While I know you can find the word maths used on the Internet, I have never heard the term used anywhere in the U.S., and I was a Math major. Could it be a slang used in another country? Never mind, off topic. Sorry, just was wondering.

You've obviously been missing out. Math is an American abbreviation for mathematics, so hardly surprising you haven' heard of the original English one, maths.

I beg your pardon, but Bueng Kan is since 2011

a seperate province former part of Nong Khai.

Actually the youngests province of Thailand

You should ask the source or the interior ministry they quoted. I just did a copy and paste.

You should ask the source or the interior ministry they quoted. I just did a copy and paste.

Conclusion don't believe everything was is written without a proof not the bible at all. thumbsup.gif Just kidding

Conclusion don't believe everything was is written without a proof not the bible at all. thumbsup.gif Just kidding

If not mistaken Thailand just signed an agreement with Lao for a new Friendship Bridge over the Mekong there.

If not mistaken Thailand just signed an agreement with Lao for a new Friendship Bridge over the Mekong there.

They talking about a bridge project between Mukhdahan and Savannakhet for over 10 years.

The question is who will pay for it. whistling.gif

No money no honey. smile.png