pattaya police harassment ?

salavan

hi folks i just been reading about police harassment in bkk so i decided to cancel a 4 day shopping trip there, just wondered if the same thing is happening in pattaya, i live in the middle of nowhere and need a break so i thought about pattaya instead.

• Like 1

Come to Bangkok. Don't get within 1Km of Asoke. You'll miss out on Terminal 21 and Emporium- no big loss. (And you can even hit either of those if you stay off the street and on the BTS skywalk)

That gives you about 98% of the city, hassle free. For shopping, that beats Pattaya even on its best day...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

no problem unless you are riding motor bike without helmet, no license or riding on the right hand side in a one way street. this happened to me on foreshore road. then l had to go to pattaya police station to pay fine. easy money and also there was about 20 farangs wating and more streaming in. good day for the men in green

I love seeing the <deleted> farangs being pinched for riding down the wrong side of roads. Then some come on here and complain about it. Plenty of Thais get pinched for same offence too.

hey snapper head l was passing a bus

I love seeing the <deleted> farangs being pinched for riding down the wrong side of roads. Then some come on here and complain about it. Plenty of Thais get pinched for same offence too.

hey snapper head l was passing a bus

So that makes it legal?

no problem unless you are riding motor bike without helmet, no license or riding on the right hand side in a one way street. this happened to me on foreshore road. then l had to go to pattaya police station to pay fine. easy money and also there was about 20 farangs wating and more streaming in. good day for the men in green

Men in green? Have the BIB been given new Christmas uniforms???

Given the widespread publicity lately of the going on's in Bangkok a few cops are going to get their wrists slapped and told to stop and you wont hear much more about it, just what I think.

I think so too - reports of tourist shakedowns are starting to appear in the overseas press, and (according to the report below) the British Ambassador has taken the matter up with the Thai authorities:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/bangkok-tourists-caught-up-in-shakedown-20141212-125voa.html

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 2

hi folks i just been reading about police harassment in bkk so i decided to cancel a 4 day shopping trip there,

just wondered if the same thing is happening in pattaya, i live in the middle of nowhere and need a break so i thought about pattaya instead.

No problem with that in Pattaya. A few police controls

- and yes more frequently in December and January because a lot of more people during high season -

but nothing I would call harassment.

Happened to me a few times to be controlled:

they look at your documents and "thank you sir", and you can go. Takes probably less than 1 minute.

A good way IMHO to reduced the number of stupid drivers who drive without a valid license and/or insurance,

with all the consequences it brings when they cause an accident...

• Like 1