Jetstar - Think of a number and double it

Overcome

Looking at a one way flight BKK to Melbourne on Jetstar on 20 December. I can purchase this from Jetstar directly, of from Expedia on line.

The cost from Expedia - 10,549 including a 250 baht credit card fee from the airline. From Jetstar directly 11,249 baht (the attached says 10,999 but the final payment screen would have added the same 250 baht surcharge).

So, buying from the provider is 750 baht more and that's not what you would normally expect.

But here's where the extra amount occurs - in taxes and fees.

Jetstar say the taxes and fees are just over 1200 baht - Expedia say they are less than half that figure - 507 baht to be exact.

Someone's telling porkies and you can guess who it is here.

Busted, Mr J. Star. The only positive side of this is that you haven't gone down any further in my estimation. That would have not been possible as I already have the lowest opinion of your approach to business. Further evidence of your money gouging ethos and disdain for the passengers who are simply wallets to be pillaged without a shred of remorse.

post-137061-0-13629600-1418182460_thumb.

post-137061-0-20473900-1418182468_thumb.

For me, the best way to fly jetstar is to fly business class......everything is included and it's still reasonably priced, you can even put your knees out straight and put your table down without hitting your chest!! thumbsup.giftongue.pngwai.gif

• Like 2

Actually, the Expedia taxes and fees add up to 757.71, not 507. You forgot to add the 250 baht "airline card fee" that Expedia lists as a separate line item but is still a "fee".

Jetstar have their own Mastercard Credit card. Bonus is you don't get charged the card fee when using it and they have a decent rewards program.

I am told on good authority Jetstar's reputation stinks in New Zealand. They have made so many foul-ups, including bumping people off when that have actually checked in before the deadline & nearly every other possible PR sin. Based on comments from people I know I would not fly anywhere on that airline. It is a subsidiary of Qantas and so tight on the rules that they are always looking for a way to charge you extra on the fare, somehow.

thats reasonably cheap one way to melbourne. its about that for budget airlines to perth. always go with the provider, its 15$ extra aud. youd be able to select seats pre pay extra baggage and change your flight more easily if you run into problems. expedia is good mind you, but if its only a small amount more i book with the airlines direct.

Somtimes you get jetstar flights that are qantas planes and vice versa.

The real scam is the qantas points that are linked to jetstar.

You can trade all your points for a return or one way flight, but the fees and taxes are equal to a budget airline flight anyway.

Singapore airlines and virgin australia are much better, for use of points and service.

I hope you manage to keep your carry-on to 7kg on Jetstar, otherwise you won't be happy paying for checked baggage.

Carry on baggage on Jetstar is limited to 10kg.

Carry on baggage on Jetstar used to be limited to 10 kg. All new bookings are now limited to 7 kg. And every time I've flown Jetstar, they've weighted my carry on. They're hungry for extras.

Edited by dundas