Lots of goodies, a little exploitation for Bangkok's expat 'models'

webfact

I've never really understood why models get free booze and entry etc.

If you're a guy there are enough gorgeous Thai women to look at anyway and if you knew lots of male models were going you would be more inclined not to go.

Who wants to see a bunch of farang all coked up and loving themselves walking around the place. Sounds like a turn off.

What's annoying is all these young coke obsessed kids with their new degrees in paper aeroplanes or something get these teaching jobs that they hate and don't care about and probably turn up late etc; while other folk who give a monkeys about teaching etc can't get jobs to silly rules and companies/schools being ageist. But hey, that's another topic for another day.

Edited by Hawkman

I remember being invited back to an entire complex full of models, mostly from S America at that time. They had an entire floor to themselves and they invited me back to their room whilst they were getting ready to do whatever it is they actually do in the evenings.

What struck me immediately was how shallow and conceited the majority of them really were, they hardly even noticed me there and most of them didnt even say hello to me. instead they were walking around in Bikinis or with their tops off, and i kid you not every 5 minutes would wander over the nearest mirror and complain about their abs, their skin color, and then flex their muscles. This went on for hours and hours until i finally said i needed to go now.

It was like being in a Ladyboy bar but worse! I felt sorry for them and wouldnt want their job even is it was free!

You touting for a job at coconuts?

Its a joke, another accident waiting to happen free flowing drugs and drinks how long before you hear in the international papers I was raped / abused etc.....

Since this has been going on for many years, it probably going to happen any day now. 555

I've never really understood why models get free booze and entry etc.

If you're a guy there are enough gorgeous Thai women to look at anyway and if you knew lots of male models were going you would be more inclined not to go.

Who wants to see a bunch of farang all coked up and loving themselves walking around the place. Sounds like a turn off.

What's annoying is all these young coke obsessed kids with their new degrees in paper aeroplanes or something get these teaching jobs that they hate and don't care about and probably turn up late etc; while other folk who give a monkeys about teaching etc can't get jobs to silly rules and companies/schools being ageist. But hey, that's another topic for another day.

for some, seeing a nightclub filled with very uninteresting, incongruently educated, trancing madonas (high % from isaan) that believe they are very clever, might seem equally or more uninspiring.

i guess it may be easier to chat with the thai gals since thats part of their job description.

a lot of animosity / resentment towards caucasian / models / ?women here that apparently are just trying to get by.

Edited by atyclb