Baking Potato

pegman

I believe the OP was referring to the type of potato. Not all potato types make good baking potatoes. Villa was selling imported russet potatoes which are known for their baking qualities.

Yes ThaiBob, I think they were Russet. These bake in the oven very well. I cannot recall seeing them at any other grocer.

Depends from what country you are with related preferences. Western Europe style is not that much work and gives you very delicious baked potatoes.

Be sure to buy the ones with the little black dots on the skin. Non sweet potatoes though they don't have as much starch as European potatoes.

Cook them for about 20 minutes, starting with cold water. Add salt to taste when water boils.

Drain them and dry them in the same pot on a low fire.

Leave in cooling overnight. Next day chop them up and fry in oil or butter or best both.

That is crispy and delicious. Why that factory stuff .

Edited by hugocnx

So I take it no one has seen any Russets being sold in the area, thanks anyhow.

Last week villa had some russets. I picked up 6 Taters. They reorder after a while when they run out. Since they mainly only sell to Americans up here they run out from time to time & wait to make a reorder from the supplier that gets them from the states. At least it is not like Big C where you wait up to 3 months before they figure out the slot in the store that is empty for several months means it is time to re-order.

• Like 2

Last week villa had some russets. I picked up 6 Taters. They reorder after a while when they run out. Since they mainly only sell to Americans up here they run out from time to time & wait to make a reorder from the supplier that gets them from the states. At least it is not like Big C where you wait up to 3 months before they figure out the slot in the store that is empty for several months means it is time to re-order.

Same in Tesco ,do not know who does the ordering ,but they wait untill things are sold out before reordering then another couple of months before it arrives , Tesco ,utterly useless.

Love the big C comment

Lotus same