Letter from two accused of Koh Tao murders to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Myanmar Democracy icon

Lite Beer

Oh? I don't see anything on that picture that says Koh Tao, or a source link. That could be anywhere.

Correction. The shirts say Koh Tao.

There you go, perfect example of how speculation can turn to fact:

You speculated on the source of my photo

I gave you a clue

You then confirmed it as fact

• Like 1

So with the clue you have now of "Koh Tao Bar Crawl" put that in google search

Yes, another unsourced image. But it is good to see that the TVF CT boycott is working so well! ( sarcasm intended).

Ah right so then its a perfect example of how you avoid looking for the facts even with given a strong clue https://www.facebook.com/pages/Koh-Tao-Pub-Crawl/195259667186954 (no sarcasm intended)

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 1

Oh? I don't see anything on that picture that says Koh Tao, or a source link. That could be anywhere.

Correction. The shirts say Koh Tao.

There you go, perfect example of how speculation can turn to fact:

You speculated on the source of my photo

I gave you a clue

You then confirmed it as fact

Wrong. I didn't speculate at all.

Yes, another unsourced image. But it is good to see that the TVF CT boycott is working so well! ( sarcasm intended).

Good to see? Really, even when we have an unresolved case and a probability of killers being on the loose? I think is sad and potentially very dangerous. But either you don't think of that or you have already convicted the B2 before the trial

• Like 2

Good to see? Really, even when we have an unresolved case and a probability of killers being on the loose? I think is sad and potentially very dangerous. But either you don't think of that or you have already convicted the B2 before the trial

Or quite simply the probability, in my opinion, is that the murderers are in custody and facing trial starting a week from this Friday.

On Tuesday Thai junta chief and prime minister Prayut Chan-Ocha appeared to call into question the victims' conduct in addition to the perpetrators of the attack.

'We have to look into the behaviour of the other party too because this kind of incident should not happen to anybody and it has affected our image,' he told reporters, referring to the two tourists.

Police earlier said the pair had been seen partying at a local bar just hours before they died.

Sky News 16th Sept.

This statement was made the day after the murders by the prime minister. When I first head it it seemed an outrageous and insensitive statement to make. But now after all that has passed in the investigation, I am left wondering whether this was not just a stupid passing remark founded on nothing, but that the 'victims' conduct'/'behaviour' could be related to an argument that took place in the bar. If Mon was allowed all over the crime scene with the police, no doubt he also had plenty to tell them about his side of the story which may have painted a bleak picture of the victims behaviour before they were murdered. Pure speculation on my part of course. Anything for justice.

How does "pure speculation" benefit justice?

Facts benefit justice, pure speculation detracts from justice.

Pure speculation may warrant investigation, possibly leading to facts being discovered, which in turn may affect the outcome/justice of the case .

Ah.... That explains my tax dollars being spent on the pure speculation that the world is flat

Despite us knowing that it is not.

Ah, that explains a lot! I also would certainly not be happy if the government of my country was spending money on such a project! However, the fact remains that people originally thought that the world was flat, but some people (scientists, adventurers etc) speculated that it was not, and as we now know the outcome (due to their investigating the facts) that it is in fact round. (Or to be more exact, I think an "oblate spheroid" was how my teacher described it!)

• Like 2

So there may be persons in Myanmar or UK or elsewhere who have some credible evidence that would tend to exculpate the 2 Burmese charged with these crimes who have not come forward because there were scared or intimidated or some other reason while on the KT island. Another possible reason that no such persons have come forward is that there are no such persons.

On the balance of probability, it is less likely that there are no such persons, especially among the locals. As I have stated before, the likelihood of only 4 people being at the crime scene is remote given the island's reputation for all-night partying fuelled by alcohol and accessibility of drugs. It's really a matter of reasoning what is the more likely scenario - no witnesses, or one or more.
You could also say given the probability there were such witnesses at least one or more especially when now off the island would have come forward or at maybe contacted the defense anonymously with the substance of such evidence yet it seems none so have.
I would be surprised if there were no backpacker witnesses, at least to the scenario in the bar leading up to the crime. Young farang have an unfair reputation of being air-heads, but they're not stupid. If they saw/heard some things relevant to the crime, particularly anything which might implicate the Headman's people, young farang would probably know not to speak to local police on the island - knowing the police are probably in the pocket of the Headman. That's a big reason why Sean left to go far away. Besides Sean, there could likely be other young farang who saw something relevant. Those are among the sorts of people the defense are reaching out to. I, for one, hope they speak up, at least to British authorities - who may or may not pass the info on to their Thai brethren.

I assume a certified/sworn statement (from a witness) would qualify for inclusion in a court proceedings in farang countries. However, seeing how things are deliberately getting stacked against the defense team in the Ko Tao case, it wouldn't surprise me if pertinent testimony from afar was not admissible in the Thai court. In that case, it might require a farang to re-visit Thailand for that purpose, which would be an expense and a drag.

This conspiracy theory doesn't hold water. Upon leaving the island foreigners would have no reason at all to maintain silence.

Yet not a peep from anyone.

The families statements show that sub judice certainly doesn't apply.

So there may be persons in Myanmar or UK or elsewhere who have some credible evidence that would tend to exculpate the 2 Burmese charged with these crimes who have not come forward because there were scared or intimidated or some other reason while on the KT island. Another possible reason that no such persons have come forward is that there are no such persons.

On the balance of probability, it is less likely that there are no such persons, especially among the locals. As I have stated before, the likelihood of only 4 people being at the crime scene is remote given the island's reputation for all-night partying fuelled by alcohol and accessibility of drugs. It's really a matter of reasoning what is the more likely scenario - no witnesses, or one or more.

You could also say given the probability there were such witnesses at least one or more especially when now off the island would have come forward or at maybe contacted the defense anonymously with the substance of such evidence yet it seems none so have.

Yes, I could. But no one here knows.

• Like 1

But the island doesn't have that reputation. Koh Tao is far more a driver's island than the party island of Koh Phangan. Divers get up and head out in the mornings to get in the water.

Come on JD. Get real.

But the island doesn't have that reputation. Koh Tao is far more a driver's island than the party island of Koh Phangan. Divers get up and head out in the mornings to get in the water.

Come on JD. Get real.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/16/koh-tao-the-chilled-out-island-in-the-full-moon-party-archipelago

I would be surprised if there were no backpacker witnesses, at least to the scenario in the bar leading up to the crime. Young farang have an unfair reputation of being air-heads, but they're not stupid. If they saw/heard some things relevant to the crime, particularly anything which might implicate the Headman's people, young farang would probably know not to speak to local police on the island - knowing the police are probably in the pocket of the Headman. That's a big reason why Sean left to go far away. Besides Sean, there could likely be other young farang who saw something relevant. Those are among the sorts of people the defense are reaching out to. I, for one, hope they speak up, at least to British authorities - who may or may not pass the info on to their Thai brethren.

I assume a certified/sworn statement (from a witness) would qualify for inclusion in a court proceedings in farang countries. However, seeing how things are deliberately getting stacked against the defense team in the Ko Tao case, it wouldn't surprise me if pertinent testimony from afar was not admissible in the Thai court. In that case, it might require a farang to re-visit Thailand for that purpose, which would be an expense and a drag.

This conspiracy theory doesn't hold water. Upon leaving the island foreigners would have no reason at all to maintain silence.

You're like a parody of yourself, by throwing out 'conspiracy theory' in every post. You must be a joy to share a house with. Your partner mentions there's no yogurt in the fridge. You call out 'CONSPIRACY THEORY!'. The cat craps on the front steps, you call out, 'CONSPIRACY THEORY!'

Yes, my thoughts and how I express them are so vastly different than "the headman's people" and "Thai authorities" in so many of your posts.

Should I use all CAPS for "headman's people"?

catsanddogs, on 17 Dec 2014 - 07:14, said:catsanddogs, on 17 Dec 2014 - 07:14, said:catsanddogs, on 17 Dec 2014 - 07:14, said:catsanddogs, on 17 Dec 2014 - 07:14, said:
IslandLover, on 17 Dec 2014 - 01:56, said:IslandLover, on 17 Dec 2014 - 01:56, said:IslandLover, on 17 Dec 2014 - 01:56, said:IslandLover, on 17 Dec 2014 - 01:56, said:
BoristheBlade, on 16 Dec 2014 - 03:14, said:BoristheBlade, on 16 Dec 2014 - 03:14, said:BoristheBlade, on 16 Dec 2014 - 03:14, said:BoristheBlade, on 16 Dec 2014 - 03:14, said:BoristheBlade, on 16 Dec 2014 - 03:14, said:

The RTP have said the Burmese raped because they became aroused when they witnessed the British couple been intimate on the beach.

Insulting lies, Hanna and David were never an item, indeed all the evidence shown by the RTP ie cctv and released photo in the AC bar show quite the opposite. At no time were David and Hanna shown to be together.

The truth is David was walking near his accommodation and heard Hanna in distress, because he was a conscientious gentleman he went to her aid and was brutally murdered.

What I don't understand is why were there no bloodstains on David's t-shirt and shorts? There is nothing apparent in the photos of these items. It's very odd IMHO.

Possibly because for some reason he did not have them on when he was murdered. And maybe he was dragged into the sea to wash off any blood that was on him from the murderer.

Possibly because for some reason he did not have them on when he was murdered.

That is what's bothering me if you consider the scenario that BoristheBlade suggests in his post. It has been reported that Hannah and David were seen together at a party on the beach on the night of the murders. They had also been pictured at the same table in the Aussie bar earlier in the evening and were staying in adjacent (albeit divided by a staircase) rooms at the Ocean View resort. There are just so many unanswered questions about the relationship between them, if indeed there was one.

Edited by IslandLover

are you for real?

Are you for real? if your life/livelihood is in balance for a pair of non-thais would you spring to their defence?

• Like 2

thailandchilli, on 17 Dec 2014 - 09:28, said:

Here's some witnesses

A better image of potential witnesses would be this one.

Only 3 seconds apart then.

I had a partner once that used to walk ahead of me when holding my hand sometimes. This always happened when he had something on his mind or was in a hurry, and he seemed to forget that I was attached to him. This does not look like a couple taking a relaxing stroll to me.

• Like 2

I see on a certain fb there is a witness to nomsod being on the island. That would be a great witness.

And since the defense is calling foreign witnesses. The best one would be the British coroner.

If true, that would piss-off some people on this thread. You can bet if such a witness comes forth, the gang of 4 will do and say all they can herein to trash the "FB" person. I can already hear shouts of 'conspiracy theorist!' echoing through upcoming posts. .....anything to shield the Headman's people, particularly his precious son.

• Like 1

boomerangutang, on 17 Dec 2014 - 13:45, said:boomerangutang, on 17 Dec 2014 - 13:45, said:

jdinasia, on 17 Dec 2014 - 13:32, said:jdinasia, on 17 Dec 2014 - 13:32, said:

boomerangutang, on 17 Dec 2014 - 13:25, said:boomerangutang, on 17 Dec 2014 - 13:25, said:

You're like a parody of yourself, by throwing out 'conspiracy theory' in every post. You must be a joy to share a house with. Your partner mentions there's no yogurt in the fridge. You call out 'CONSPIRACY THEORY!'. The cat craps on the front steps, you call out, 'CONSPIRACY THEORY!'

@ JDinasia - I understand "Sub Judice" rules don't apply in Thailand, only to those legal systems that have a jury system. It certainly didn't apply in South Africa during the Pistorius case when the world was debating it on a daily basis. I therefore question the right of the victims' families to seek to silence people, which is what their statements through the FCO were implying. You may argue that they sought to silence speculation, but then you are equally guilty of that, are you not?

Perhaps you missed when all the conspiracy theorists were claiming that the reason nobody spoke out was sub judice. Obviously that is not true.

I have not told people not to post, though I have been told not to post by others. I have been called insensitive to the families by conspiracy theorists in the past, the same people ignoring the families now.