Letter from two accused of Koh Tao murders to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Myanmar Democracy icon

Lite Beer

I think the thai authority in charge of this case or whoever is involved in this case be it the PM or who ever is involved in this case should be charged with crimes against humanity if those allegations on limitations set for the defense rights and previlages in court. One suggestion to the Myanmar Government stop All PTT business in Myanmar. Long live the king.

Am I missing some reports but didn't that lowlife Mon and his local police sidekick captured threatening Sean refuse to give any DNA. Thats certainly what I remember about the early events and reported in numerous online media sites and never seen other reports contradicting that?

McAnna, a busker well known on Koh Tao as Guitarman, took a photo of the Thais and uploaded it to the Internet, after which he began receiving death threats. He has now apparently fled into hiding in fear for his life.Police revealed that the two Thais had been interviewed but were released after refusing to provide DNA samples.

http://time.com/3420299/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller/

I'm expecting the usual reply of they were early suspects and cleared.

Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

A press conference is announced on the 18th in Yangun/Rangoon with the members of the Burmese Investigation Team.

10849906_616218805174379_834508524743191

Why would they hold this Press Conference on the same day that the Defence and Prosecution teams have to hand in their cases to the court? why not wait til the 19th or better still, before on the 17th?

EDIT, Unless God Forbid.................they are working for the prosecution

Edited by Willy Eckerslike
  • Like 1

Surprise surprise, you dodged the question... and then run back into your fantasy world.

First off, the question wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to someone else who you quoted from. Secondly, I could ask you 50 questions, and you wouldn't answer any of them. Thirdly, I did answer the question. The answer didn't fit with your frantic determination to shield the Headman's people, so you dismissed it. Who is surprised by your response?

Here's the pattern we've been seeing for weeks from people who are echoing the RTP and shielding the Headman's people:

A poster might post several items surmised from the reports we hear from RTP and other sources. The Headman protectors

don't respond to any of the items, because they don't have strong counter-arguments. So instead, they pick one item and go off on a tangent. One poster can't stop writing the phrase; 'conspiracy theorists.' Another poster can't stop asking for increasing proofs of evidence, as if we're all in a court of law. Even when that poster gets answers, he keeps asking the same question ad nauseum. When that doesn't work, he tries picking on semantics.

What we don't get from them, are any useful additions to the discussion. It's understandable why they're continually on the defensive, as they don't have a proverbial leg to stand on, from the perspective of what we've been hearing from RTP and other sources. They hate social media, even though we're all participating in social media. They hate any perceived scenarios (other than the ridiculous scenario the RTP fed us in the reenactment), because all viable scenarios of the crime include the Headman's people. They, like the RTP, don't want any mention of the scenario in the bar prior to the crime, for the same reasons. They also don't want any investigation in to phone histories. If it quacks, walks, and shits like a duck, it must be a duck, except for people who don't want to even hear the word 'duck' mentioned.

"First off, the question wasn't addressed to me,"

You know you just show yourself to be incapable of understanding things with posts like this, here it goes again and I'm going to explain things slowly to you:

Shrill again, AleG? We all admit we weren't at the scene. We're assessing all the evidence and claims which have come forth (some of which are contrived by authorities), and we're putting forth plausible scenarios. You're welcome to do the same, if you choose. We're not in a court of law.

Is this The Truth, yes or no?

"The truth is David was walking near his accommodation and heard Hanna in distress, because he was a conscientious gentleman he went to her aid and was brutally murdered."

I fully expect you to dodge the question.

You see that I replied after you, quoting your post were you are addressing me by name, are you following?

I posed a question to you, at the end I'm talking to you, you see the words "I fully expect you..."? Yes, that "you" is indeed you, the person whose post I'm replying to. Still following?

Therefore the question was addressed to you.

Either you can't grasp such simple things as the structure of a conversation, or you are being deliberately obtuse because you need an excuse, any excuse, to dodge facing questions that would challenge your beliefs.

Neither scenario paints you in a particular good light.

Having said that, and since you insist in talking about the person rather than the arguments....

Your problem is that you cannot think outside the conspiracy box, that's why you repeatedly accuse me of shielding the Koh Tao headman and his son, among other things; you need to constantly reinforce your worldview by deceiving yourself to feel secure in the face of not having a clue what is going on.

At the heart of every conspiracists there is an insecure egotist, desperately looking for meaning but lacking the means to understand the world as is, with all its unknowns and randomness, and therefore constructing a narrative of knowing the real truth behind everything and ascribing hostile agency to anything that challenges that narrative.

The bottom line is that you don't care about facts, you don't care about truth or justice, you care about feeling good about yourself by posturing as a hero standing up to nefarious forces.

Edited by AleG
  • Like 1

Am I missing some reports but didn't that lowlife Mon and his local police sidekick captured threatening Sean refuse to give any DNA. Thats certainly what I remember about the early events and reported in numerous online media sites and never seen other reports contradicting that?

McAnna, a busker well known on Koh Tao as Guitarman, took a photo of the Thais and uploaded it to the Internet, after which he began receiving death threats. He has now apparently fled into hiding in fear for his life.Police revealed that the two Thais had been interviewed but were released after refusing to provide DNA samples.

Nothing to see here.

Agreed but if the sock puppets want to pull that one again then provide the links containing that specific info, without that then as far as I'm concerned he's still not been tested

• Like 2

Nothing to see here.

I agree, how the hell could he quote from such as publication as Time. You know what, lets counter comment from another tabloid of similar low standing, there must be some an abundant amount of info available. I have faith in you, looking back at your posts they excel in quality and lets beat these 'conspiracy theorists' with our hard well sourced facts.. 100% behind you, please don't let me down, i have every confidence in you.

Edited by Expat Girl

You know you just show yourself to be incapable of understanding things with posts like this, here it goes again and I'm going to explain things slowly to you:

When you posted your question, you included a quote. Your question referred to the wording of that quote. That quote wasn't from me.

Again you're wrong, and frankly I don't care. I've moved on. The case has moved on. Your needle-stuck-on-the-LP thinking is boring, bordering on OCD. Don't worry though, the Headman's people who you're so frantic on shielding aren't ever going to be put behind bars. The RTP, hand in hand with the Headman and his riches, have made double sure of that. Rest easy, bud.

• Like 1

The RTP have said the Burmese raped because they became aroused when they witnessed the British couple been intimate on the beach.

Insulting lies, Hanna and David were never an item, indeed all the evidence shown by the RTP ie cctv and released photo in the AC bar show quite the opposite. At no time were David and Hanna shown to be together.

The truth is David was walking near his accommodation and heard Hanna in distress, because he was a conscientious gentleman he went to her aid and was brutally murdered.

"The truth is David was walking near his accommodation and heard Hanna in distress, because he was a conscientious gentleman he went to her aid and was brutally murdered."

Your speculation is not "the truth", unless you were there and saw that you are simply making things up. If you were there and saw that, have already contacted the Burmese lawyers to give your testimony?

Here's the question (above) which AleG keeps harping on about . He claims it's addressed to me, Boomerangutang, but look at AleG's post and it's plain it's addressed to Boris. It's Boris' quote. AleG can be wrong 20 times, and it still doesn't change that he's wrong.
  • Like 1

BoristheBlade, on 16 Dec 2014 - 03:14, said:

The RTP have said the Burmese raped because they became aroused when they witnessed the British couple been intimate on the beach.

Insulting lies, Hanna and David were never an item, indeed all the evidence shown by the RTP ie cctv and released photo in the AC bar show quite the opposite. At no time were David and Hanna shown to be together.

The truth is David was walking near his accommodation and heard Hanna in distress, because he was a conscientious gentleman he went to her aid and was brutally murdered.

What I don't understand is why were there no bloodstains on David's t-shirt and shorts? There is nothing apparent in the photos of these items. It's very odd IMHO.

• Like 1

Your speculation is not "the truth", unless you were there and saw that you are simply making things up. If you were there and saw that, have already contacted the Burmese lawyers to give your testimony?

Here's the question (above) which AleG keeps harping on about . He claims it's addressed to me, Boomerangutang, but look at AleG's post and it's plain it's addressed to Boris. It's Boris' quote. AleG can be wrong 20 times, and it still doesn't change that he's wrong.

Yes, I asked that question to BoristheBlade, and then on post #563 I asked you the same question, you clearly replied to that on post #566 so to then pretend that it wasn't addressed to you is completely disingenuous.

I was sure you would dodge the question, I didn't know you would become so unhinged about it.

englishoak, on 16 Dec 2014 - 03:59, said:

ummm you dont need a DNA test to determine sex thats on the form sticker on the samples sent in but anyway. Heres the kicker that'll fry your noodle even mentioning male or female bs etc.

They already knew the victim was assaulted by a male or males due to seamen found as the DNA match sample hence why the tested of interest were far as I know all male. facepalm.gif

The important part of the quote from deputy police chief General Somyot Pumpunmuang is the following.

"We will ask the FBI to help identify the DNA in the semen we found - whether it belonged to an Asian or European," he said yesterday.
By this statement General Somyot implied that the Thai laboratories did not have the capability to establish the ethnicity of the DNA and that help from another entity would be sought. First the FBI was suggested, then Singapore.
  • Like 1

Your problem is that you cannot think outside the conspiracy box, that's why you repeatedly accuse me of shielding the Koh Tao headman and his son, among other things; you need to constantly reinforce your worldview by deceiving yourself to feel secure in the face of not having a clue what is going on.

At the heart of every conspiracists there is an insecure egotist, desperately looking for meaning but lacking the means to understand the world as is, with all its unknowns and randomness, and therefore constructing a narrative of knowing the real truth behind everything and ascribing hostile agency to anything that challenges that narrative.

The bottom line is that you don't care about facts, you don't care about truth or justice, you care about feeling good about yourself by posturing as a hero standing up to nefarious forces.

I hate when someone uses the word "conspiracy" when not even you AleG have not seen the evidence. You are taking the statement of the police as being 100% correct. If it's not 100%, then that leaves room for questionable doubts and not conspiracy. And that is all you have really. I am sorry, but some of us are just not as gullible as the RTP hope people will be by making their statement. And honestly, you are going to tell me you know the truth and that everyone's view are all conspiracy view. But kind of strange, that is all you are seen quoting as your rebuttal that claims that the police has the right person. Nothing logical about your statement, just more blind faith.

If you still insist on using the word conspiracy, then the police may be guilty of conspiracy to make the public to believe in their statement is beyond a reasonable doubt. Because, you sorry to say, are the victim of it. And truly you are going to tell me that you believe them without examining the report yourself, especially given their history and lack of credibility or integrity by some in the force? It's fair to say that with the recent shake up in the police force, we may see a turn of event.

If you do still believe them, then I have a great ocean side home in Las Vegas to sell you.

If you hate the word conspiracy what word would you use to describe a vast, concerted effort involving a large number of people at all levels of government and society to perpetrate a crime (namely, murder, a cover-up and setting up scapegoats for that crime)?

Because that is what some people speculate is going on, it's the very definition of a conspiracy theory.

I don't know The Truth, guess what, I'm not the one making things up and calling it The Truth, or making statements of fact that are unsupported by evidence, so why don't you direct your lecture to those who do?

If you hate the word conspiracy what word would you use to describe a vast, concerted effort involving a large number of people at all levels of government and society to perpetrate a crime (namely, murder, a cover-up and setting up scapegoats for that crime)?

Because that is what some people speculate is going on, it's the very definition of a conspiracy theory.

I don't know The Truth, guess what, I'm not the one making things up and calling it The Truth, or making statements of fact that are unsupported by evidence, so why don't you direct your lecture to those who do?

The majority posting here are seeking the unadulterated truth (or as much as can be garnered) about the crime - in order to nail those who are guilty of perpetrating it. We put forth ideas formulated from clues announced by the police and by others, some of whom are professionals in fields related to crime investigation. It's not a conspiracy to have an opinion, or to have several people concur on what might have happened at a crime. We're not in a court of law bound by formal strictures of protocol. We're on a public forum, discussing a heinous crime and the myriad things which relate to it.
  • Like 1

The majority posting here are seeking the unadulterated truth (or as much as can be garnered) about the crime - in order to nail those who are guilty of perpetrating it. We put forth ideas formulated from clues announced by the police and by others, some of whom are professionals in fields related to crime investigation. It's not a conspiracy to have an opinion, or to have several people concur on what might have happened at a crime. We're not in a court of law bound by formal strictures of protocol. We're on a public forum, discussing a heinous crime and the myriad things which relate to it.

No, it's not a conspiracy to have an opinion, did I say that?

This, on the other hand, is a claim that there is a vast conspiracy at work:

Because the combined force of Army (nearly all top politicians are military), Police and the all the Headman's friends and family, and possibly also the judiciary, is marching in lockstep to convict the scapegoats.

Don't try to pretend you "put forth ideas formulated from clues announced by the police" when you make up stuff like this (or the previous quoted text):

David and Hannah were walking along the beach. Some of AC bar punks were with them (one or more of the following: Nomsod, Mon, the Stingray man, the cop who threatened Sean). David was probably not walking directly alongside Hannah. (Note: men bent on rape will want to separate their target from anyone who may want to defend her). I think one of the culprits, probably the Stingray man, diverted David's attention and tried to gently steer him away from Hannah. Meanwhile the gaggle of horny drunk men globbed around Hannah. They initially tried to get her to comply (it's probable she was plied with date-rape drug earlier). When she didn't comply, they used force. David heard her cries, started to go to her aid, and was attacked (possibly from behind) and punctured in the neck several times with a sharp shallow blade.

If you hate the word conspiracy what word would you use to describe a vast, concerted effort involving a large number of people at all levels of government and society to perpetrate a crime (namely, murder, a cover-up and setting up scapegoats for that crime)? Because that is what some people speculate is going on, it's the very definition of a conspiracy theory.

It's already been made clear how tampering with evidence wouldn't require "a vast, concerted effort involving a large number of people at all levels of government and society..." It would only need a very few top brass. Every cop ranked below is required to follow orders. They are not encouraged to cast doubt on their superiors, unless they want to be out of a job, or worse. If just one or two top brass tampered with the DNA type-cards labeled 'DNA taken from Female Victim' - then that completely changes the investigation. It implicates the Burmese (DNA matches), and it excludes the Headman's people (DNA doesn't match). I'll be the 1st to admit I'm wrong if, for example, Brit experts announce independent findings which concur with the DNA trail produced by Thai authorities.

Thus far, the Brits have been mum. At the inquest, will they speak clearly, or will they mince words, something like, "it appears the DNA may be such 'n such, but we weren't able to get clear readings." ....for the sake not rocking diplomatic Ships of State.

• Like 1

There seems to be some movement by the defence team. They have asked the court in Koh Samui to summon "foreign" witnesses to testify for the defence. It's not clear whether this means witnesses only from the Burmese community either still on Koh Tao or not, or also from the U.K. Apparently a large number of Myanmar nationals have fled Koh Tao since the murders. This is according to an article in the BP yesterday which I'm not allowed to link to. Hopefully other press agencies will pick this up.

I see it as a good, if somewhat unusual (to announce publicly) move. I also see it primarily as an attempt to get some of the young farang who may have witnessed things - to speak up on record. It won't be easy. The tendency, for a backpacker who has returned to his/her home country after a vacation, is to go on to other things, and try an put bad experiences behind them, ...particularly if speaking out, could bring harm upon them by people hell-bent on shielding rich and powerful Thais on the island who may be implicated. Also, Sean could well be the #1 'foreign witness' who the defense team wants a testament from.

There were likely Thais who heard/witnessed implicating things that night, but we already know they're too spooked to speak out, and we know why that is.

• Like 2

When you posted your question, you included a quote. Your question referred to the wording of that quote. That quote wasn't from me.

Again you're wrong, and frankly I don't care. I've moved on. The case has moved on. Your needle-stuck-on-the-LP thinking is boring, bordering on OCD. Don't worry though, the Headman's people who you're so frantic on shielding aren't ever going to be put behind bars. The RTP, hand in hand with the Headman and his riches, have made double sure of that. Rest easy, bud.

The case HAS moved on, and yes your fixation on people who are not suspects is bordering on OCD

From post #628 above: I also see it primarily as an attempt to get some of the young farang who may have witnessed things - to speak up on record. Conversely, the reason some have not spoken up on the record is they may have not witnessed things.