VISA CONFUSION CLARIFY PLEASE

Hi folks, sorry if this is just another question on the obvious to you experienced guys....

Ok I'm married to a Thai...

I have a O visa and it runs out on the 29th of December 2014. I purchased this visa from Lao.

Basically I wish to extend this visa until Feb 2015.

Do I just go to Lao again and go to the Embassy, or can I just go to Lao exit Thailand then re enter Thailand.

Please help.

If you have a multiple entry non-o visa you can get another 90 day entry by doing a border run just before it expires to get another entry.

You can also get a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration. Your wife will need to go with you when you apply. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of you wife's house book and ID card. The fee will be 1900 baht.

So to clarify

I go to immigration office in Udon Thani, say I want a sixty day extension, take paper work you stated and pay 1900 baht and that's it.

I have a non immigrant O visa which had a 3 month stay on it which runs out the 29th. Sorry if it's a bit repetitive but first time for me sir.

Yes just go to Udon immigration and ask for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Be sure you take you wife with you along with documents I mentioned. If you are not living where your wife's house book is for the will ask for proof of residence.

You apparently got a single entry visa.

Unless you have the funds for a one year extension when the 60 day ends the multiple entry visa from Savannakhet would be your best option.

Ps Joe,

I didn't know you could get a multi entry or I would have gone for that option sounds a lot better. But it was a first time thing, and to be honest I just went along with what people told me. Plus I hated Lao with a passion, hopefully it's just the people around the embassy that are like Vultures and try to rip you off with everything. I was glad to be back in Thailand I can tell you.

Thank you for your help Sir.

• Like 1

Ps Joe,

I didn't know you could get a multi entry or I would have gone for that option sounds a lot better. But it was a first time thing, and to be honest I just went along with what people told me. Plus I hated Lao with a passion, hopefully it's just the people around the embassy that are like Vultures and try to rip you off with everything. I was glad to be back in Thailand I can tell you.

Thank you for your help Sir.

Yes, I think you just experienced the chaos around the embassy - the Laos people are very mellow but like Thai people around a large number of Farangs - they can be aggressive and only interested in making money.

I think that is the first time that I can recall of immigration asking for the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry for a 60 day extension. The Kor Ror 2 is wanted to prove you are still married.

She also wanted the document my wife got when she changed her surname! Luckily she had a copy in her bag.

All sorted though.

The European Court of Justice has ruled British citizens should be able to bring non-EU family members into the UK without a travel visa.

Am I right in thinking this is what it is???

That is something for the visa for other countries forum to discuss.

Here we discuss visas for Thailand.