Adding additional pages to a British passport

You cannot add additional pages to a British Passport and you cannot renew your passport at the British Embassy in Bangkok any more.

To renew your UK passport from Bangkok go to https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport and follow the instructions, its very straightforward.

How to apply

1. Download the application form.
  2. Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you fill in the application form.
  3. Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos or your application may be delayed.
  4. Check which supporting documents you must submit with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English - including documents showing an address - fully translated by a professional translator.

Application form - applying for a British passport overseas

Guidance notes - applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK

Supporting documents you must send with your application

Making your application

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana,
Bangkok
Thailand

Email: [email protected]

Getting your passport

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied - you must collect it in person.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.

Contact the Passport Adviceline

Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000 Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time) Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)

Adult standard 32-page passport

£83.00

£106.01

Adult jumbo 48-page passport

£91.00

£114.01

I forgot to say it will take 6 weeks from the time your application is received in the UK and you must pay a fee to have your application couriered to the UK which costs an additional; 23 quid.

There is an express service which takes only one week. BUT it is only available if you are in the UK.

You cannot add additional pages to a British Passport and you cannot renew your passport at the British Embassy in Bangkok any more.

To renew your UK passport from Bangkok go to https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport and follow the instructions, its very straightforward.

How to apply

1. Download the application form.
  2. Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you fill in the application form.
  3. Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos or your application may be delayed.
  4. Check which supporting documents you must submit with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English - including documents showing an address - fully translated by a professional translator.

Application form - applying for a British passport overseas

Guidance notes - applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK

Supporting documents you must send with your application

Making your application

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You must also bring your current passport with you when you apply, and a full colour photocopy of the entire passport (every page including blank pages).

You can’t travel with it after you’ve applied for a new one - but you will be able to keep your existing passport for ID purposes.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana,
Bangkok
Thailand

Email: [email protected]

Getting your passport

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied - you must collect it in person.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must bring your existing passport as photo ID.

Contact the Passport Adviceline

Telephone: +44 (0) 300 222 0000 Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (UK time) Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm (UK time)

Adult standard 32-page passport

£83.00

£106.01

Adult jumbo 48-page passport

£91.00

£114.01

Not wanting to hijack the topic, although the original question has been thoroughly answered I would say, but does anyone know what specific information is required for the "Name and address and/or residency evidence" required. I notice that they accept:

• employment record eg official letter from your employer

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/342795/Supportingdocs2AUG2014.PDF

-but does anyone know what details that letter would have to include? Would it need to include your residential address for example, or just employment verification?

I re-newed my passport on the 23rd of October and it was back at the Trendy building within 3 weeks.

You were lucky - I did mine in the summer and it took nearly the whole 9 weeks and I got it back with only a few days to spare.

this is IMPORTANT- when you go to Trendy House for your appointment DON'T FORGET your Thai address translated into English if in Thai - the will not accept your application if you don't have a Thai address -- they are not interested in your English address - believe me it cost me 1200 B to have my address translated on the spot and it took me a couple of hours to get my rental agreement emailed to me. Go prepared as there is nothing on the website about this unless they have updated - but I wouldn't have thought so. I also had help from the consulate in Chiang Mai who gave me the email address of the HMPO in England at both Newport and Liverpool! And that was very helpful.

I had a similar problem last year but had to go to Uk anyway. Changed to a large model with 42 pages, cost 93 pounds ..... YES 93 quid !!!

You can not get additional pages added to a passport.

You have very few options other than new passport from British embassy and then try to transfer your visa.

lol, and remember it's 60 quid if you want them to rubber stamp a 'certificate of residency' at the embassy to get a driving licence.

Britain is one major rip-off these days. If you can't do without it, they have no problem charging an extortionate amount.

One of the main reasons I'm getting out of there.

Not wanting to hijack the topic, although the original question has been thoroughly answered I would say, but does anyone know what specific information is required for the "Name and address and/or residency evidence" required. I notice that they accept:

• employment record eg official letter from your employer

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/342795/Supportingdocs2AUG2014.PDF

-but does anyone know what details that letter would have to include? Would it need to include your residential address for example, or just employment verification?

What HMPO are looking for is proof of your name living at an address in the country where your application is filed.

Letter from your employer is best on letterhead, just confirming your current employment plus residential address, no other supporting paperwork is required such as your WP, Company Affidavit, etc.

Employment letter should be in English, else accompanied by an attached, suitable translation.

• Like 1