Phuket jet-skis warned, stay off the sand

Lite Beer

“If anyone has any suggestions on ways we can be more strict, or how we can fix any of the rules, these would be very welcome – this will improve marine regulations, especially for jet-skis on Phuket’s beaches.”

Rule 1. Ban all jet skies.

Rule 2. See rule 1.

It's so easy to take and print photos that these could be attached to the contract. Of course none of this really

matters when the tourist has a gun pocked up his nose

Well, if that, albeit scenario were ever to happen (cheesy.gif ). Happy bloody days! Supply - Demand. Gottit? blink.png

I could pick out many stupid statements in this report.

But this one takes the cake ...

"First class insurance must be bought."

So who buys this first class insurance ? All the jet skis I have seen have signs "no insurance". So is the rider obliged buy insurance before renting ?

Total nonsense as is much of this news report. If tourists are stupid enough to rent jet skis, then up to them.

The next scam:

yes your rented jetski has a 1 class insurance, but sorry you not have a driver license so insurance can not pay,

btw fine for driving without license is 2000 baht cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

The "Governor" acting under the Authority of the PM, will bring happiness to Thai peoples, but, how and by who will his laws be enforced? RTP? Maybe the Army (or Marines) will need to come in and crack a few skulls together to make the Governors wishes come true! coffee1.gif

I could pick out many stupid statements in this report.

But this one takes the cake ...

"First class insurance must be bought."

So who buys this first class insurance ? All the jet skis I have seen have signs "no insurance". So is the rider obliged buy insurance before renting ?

Total nonsense as is much of this news report. If tourists are stupid enough to rent jet skis, then up to them.

The next scam:

yes your rented jetski has a 1 class insurance, but sorry you not have a driver license so insurance can not pay,

btw fine for driving without license is 2000 baht cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Plus the costs for any damages in case.

Why doesnt the Governor ban Jet Skis on the beach PERIOD? or maybe in Phuket thats a stupid question.

Because local people can vote..

That is an explanation why the mayors don't take action, but the question was about the governor.

Its mostly the zero baht tourists like Russians, Chinese and Indians that get ripped off by these jetski scammers, I cant say I really care.

All the westerners are pretty savvy these days

Yes, with Australia, quite a few stories about Australians getting scammed with the jet ski's, to the east you could be correct.

Why doesn't the jet ski scam stop? Run by big police. Some of the profits get spread around among the troops.

How much does it earn?

Do they scam 10 tourists a day for 30,000Bt each?

300,000Bt per day X 30 days a month = 9,000,000Bt. or 10,800Bt per year.

Now they do this in Samui and Pattaya too, so over 32,000,000Bt per year.

Understand me, I am in favor of banning all jet skis but: " The power of jet-ski engines must not exceed 130hp."

Can you imagine 130hp, which is enough for a powerboat! I think 20 or 30hp must be the limit.

So all the new rules are BS as usual.

Clearly they let anyone that has no idea what a Jetski is, comment here ..