Thanks For All Your Help.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who gave me help regarding advice on applying for a tourist visa for my girlfriend to come to England. Especially The Scouser, GU22 and atlastaname.

I was very unconfident about the whole application especialy as my girlfriend had no concrete reason to return e.g she has no employment and is not studying.

We asked for the visa for 4 weeks using the usual reasons for such a visit and offered 3 reasons for her returning. 1) that she didn't want to leave her son for a very long length of time due to his age and that she is only just beginning to now forge a good relationship with him after going back to Udon from working in Bangkok, 2) that as I work for the police she is aware of the repercussions I could suffer as her sponser if she doesn't return and 3) she was aware that she wouldn't be issued a visa again if she broke the terms of one.

A 6 month tourist visa was granted in 7 days without her being called to an interview.

We are obviously very happy as we see this as a big step for us and we thank everybody who helped us.

Congratulatiosn to you both mate..

We're applying for my GF's visa in about 3weeks and I'm having a few doubts for the same reasons you are.. reasons to return.

I hope I'm as successful.. kinda wish I wasa police officer too right now ;0)

• 4 months later...
Well done, Steven.

Scouse.

Well done and all the best.

Scouser..you seem to be the man on these things.

My wife just had her visa refused. Not seen the letter but it seems not enough contact.

We started talking on internet 3/05, not many emails all phone calls and texts. First made proper contact in Bangkok 6/06 already in love, stayed for 10 days and got engaged. Came back for a month in sept-oct/06 and got married in Bangkok 2/10. Then 5 days end of 11/06 (could not make xmas etc) They say, few phone bills i sent only showed texts, 0844 and 0870 for phone calls, which they were informed of. Also they say she got the first contact date wrong by one day (11/6 not 12/6)... Also me being in Thailand did not mean I was with her, I was every minute. We supplied 90+ pics at interview (we have more). I know we can appeal, is there more I can do at appeal stage??

Bez..

Bez,

You should certainly ensure that the appeal form is lodged with the Asylum and Immigration tribunal in Loughborough within the allotted 28 days. That can then form your fallback position. You may then be able to make written representations of your wife's behalf to UK Visas, but this will depend upon how sustainable the decision to refuse is. In order to determine whether the refusal is on solid ground or not, I would need as a minimum to have sight of the refusal notice.

Scouse.