Please recommend a car window tinting shop

konisaan

Any tint on the front windshield will reduce light and visibility both day and night

Of course; it has to be a compromise.

My girl has her front window tinted very light. Even in the daytime it feels like driving in a cave. At night, its even worse and just dangerous.

My new car was delivered with very dark tinting on all side windows. I had to have the front side window tinting removed and a much lighter tint applied, as I could hardly see oncoming traffic on my right at right.

The windscreen had the lightest possible tint, and it is fine; stops the dash getting too hot to touch and hardly affects visibility.

The tinting company had the tints on display and I was able to choose something legal. Dark tinting is illegal in Thailand - not that anyone cares.

Have a look at the displays. If they're not on display, go elsewhere.

Amnuay Motor Air 2 for a quality job.

Seconded. Consider having a 'sun-shade' tint applied across top section of front screen only. Works for me ... and doesn't block GPS.

Thats what I have. Works for me. And for the record, tint has no effect on GPS reception

Seconded. Consider having a 'sun-shade' tint applied across top section of front screen only. Works for me ... and doesn't block GPS.

Thats what I have. Works for me. And for the record, tint has no effect on GPS reception

Certain metallic-based tinting on front screen will block a dash-mount GPS, not necessarily OEM installs with turret mount receiver.

Certain metallic-based tinting on front screen will block a dash-mount GPS, not necessarily OEM installs with turret mount receiver.

Nope afraid not. Put any handheld or antenna on the dash and guarantee it will work, tint or not.

We've used Kuang Singh Auto (I think it's called - signs might only be in Thai) twice and they did a very good job both times. Highly recommended. On the superhighway, just before the Grandview Hotel if driving towards Rincome junction. Set back from the road with a large carpark area in front.

• 1 year later...

any other recommendations for auto window films? we went to the place next to Grand View. they only had 3M. even at their promotional price they still wanted about 6,500 on up. tried the place on Super Highway where it merges with the road to the prom. they had about 4 brands but prices were much more @ 8800 to 15,800. we want to redo the wife's car as the film on there is old and useless.

there must be some mom and pop type shops. no? these other 2 places had the fancy waiting rooms, lounges, espresso and the whole bit. of course such comfort is factored into the price....

thanks.

Had one car done at Max(x?)....Left side of the road driving away (east?)

from Central Festival....Yellow building as I remember....They have a complete display with several brand & tints that sits in front of a window so you can really see the differences...The pricing is good - not a fancy waiting space - just seats in the showroom.....I had them drop me off at the Rim Ping shopping center & grabbed a massage & eats for the few hours it took to have done....Full size SUV & I couldn't find a flaw + they cut & tapered the windshield top border the way I drew it out perfectly (had to taper away because of my height).....

Had one car done at Max(x?)....Left side of the road driving away (east?)

from Central Festival....Yellow building as I remember....They have a complete display with several brand & tints that sits in front of a window so you can really see the differences...The pricing is good - not a fancy waiting space - just seats in the showroom.....I had them drop me off at the Rim Ping shopping center & grabbed a massage & eats for the few hours it took to have done....Full size SUV & I couldn't find a flaw + they cut & tapered the windshield top border the way I drew it out perfectly (had to taper away because of my height).....

i went in each direction from Central Festival, going towards Big C, away from Big C to Teppanya Hospital, and north on the Doi Saket road. never saw a yellow building that did windows. saw 2 tire shops with yellow buildings and stopped at one, but no window work. didn't see anything with Max in the name. maybe gone? anyway we got a call from the place next to Grandview. the guy offered an even better deal for 3M - 5100 Baht. going this week.

but thanks for the suggestion..