Bangkok school makes late students rub their knees on concrete

webfact

Reminds me of the good ole days in Oz. We were group punished by being made to sit on the sun-hot tar of the playground... if you tried to lift a buttock off for relief, you were ordered to sit straight. And then there was the time at Sydney Boys High when the teacher caned the whole class for misbehaving while he had stepped out because he couldn't be bothered trying to separate the good from the bad. His nickname among us was 'Black George' for how he left your hands after a sixer (a six-times caning). That was in the dark ages of the 1970s though....

"..... And it never did me any harm!"

I worked at one high school and certain Thai teachers where there at the gate to whip the late students, even the ones pushing their scooters in to the school. I arrived at the same time and one of them thought I was a student as he was not really paying attention and was about to give me a lashing.............well you can only guess the kind of greeting he got from me. It started with an F and finished with an F also. He never did that again when I came to school alittle tardy.

I don't believe any of your story !

Misleading headline....

TV is taking lessons from Yahoo!rolleyes.gif

PS for the kids

If you're going to be late, wear pants or carry knee pads with you.w00t.gif

--------------------

Students must wear their school uniforms. They can not wear pants nor done knee pads.

Oops! Sorry I forgot the "sarcasm on" and "off" notations.

My mistakerolleyes.gif

It beggars belief that people in a postipon where they come into contact with children may get away with this.

It is a violent assault in UK it used t be refered to as "ABH" - ACTUAL BODILY HARM.

What sort of values - Other than cruelty - Do they expect to instill in those kids????

Like someone said earlier : Brainless CAVEMEN !! coffee1.gif

And they call themselves teachers!? Do parents tolerate such abuse!!!?

+1...Hard to believe that parents didn't stop this. Now it is on the web, I'm sure it will stop.

I believe the school is Khlong toey. The photo is the nice part of that area.

post-187908-0-53550900-1418460987_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

The list of things done wrong in Thailand by farang standards is sooooo long. Don't forget that this country is still 20+ years behind first world countries.

But having said that.... When I went to school it was normal for a teacher to beat a child with a board if they were late or got out of order . We never talked back and always tried not to late as we know what the results would be. Today kids show up late, show no respect for the teachers, disrupt the class, cheat on tests etc etc ... I am not really sure if we have advanced or not , just saying :)

I used to work as a teacher for a large bilingual chain that starts with an "S" and daily saw the heads (always old spinsters with "S": vinegar tits) line the late students up to shame them in front of the whole school. I used to feel so sorry for them because 90% of these students were driven to school by their parents!! They were late because of their parents!!. Did the school ever say a word to the parents??? Not on your Nelly, we dont want to upset the customers! In the same way I would have parents complain about their child's test results but mentioning the fact that their child missed the first period every day was irrelevant!!

Reminds me of the good ole days in Oz. We were group punished by being made to sit on the sun-hot tar of the playground... if you tried to lift a buttock off for relief, you were ordered to sit straight. And then there was the time at Sydney Boys High when the teacher caned the whole class for misbehaving while he had stepped out because he couldn't be bothered trying to separate the good from the bad. His nickname among us was 'Black George' for how he left your hands after a sixer (a six-times caning). That was in the dark ages of the 1970s though....

Me too but it was a religious school in the States and the brothers were returned GI's from WWII with psychological disorders.

Me as well, in the 60"s, they were Christian Brothers (they dont really deserve capitals but there you go). They werent veterans from WW2 that I know of but think they were selected purely because of their cruel, twisted, psychological disorders because there weren't any at all that were sane!

i know its bazzar and sadistic, but why the hell are adult Thais never on time, ok now some clever dick will say its what they do, to me it is disrespectful. i have a female friend who has started a new job, and she is late most days, i tell her she will get the sack but she just gives me that Thai smile, like "well everyone does it, no-one shows up on time." grrrr. just 2 days ago i was to meet a person at 3-30 shows up at my place at 7-15, offering no excuse for lateness.

• Like 1

I'm not surprised to hear this. Did you know a school can be heavily fined or even closed if too many students show up late?

That is a lot of unnecessary pressure coming from higher up in the line.

What's really funny is at Matayom schools, once the kids are in the school, nobody makes sure they even go to class.

So really, "school" is just mandatory babysitting - or prison for kids. Herding the sheep - obedience training for later in life. Great...

• Like 1

Not one mention of protecting the rights and nurturing the youth of Thailand in the Generals 12 steps. Maybe he could have got the first one from AA. And Wisdom to know the difference?

Why subject children to such barbaric treatment? And the Generals 12 values do not protect children from suach treatment.

What a load of rot! These abuses are common although this one seems highly sadistic and should draw criminal action and psychiatric evaluation of the implementing teachers.

That said, to use this incident to heap the blame on the general is <deleted>. Perhaps this should be targetted at the education minister to mandate acceptable and unacceptable behaviour by teachers as a matter of urgency.

I took only one course in educational psychology....and it was never mentioned that drawing blood and scaring the flesh brought positive results.

Frigging idiots that they call teachers should suffer some sort of abuse themselves. They must be gang leaders or something crazy like that. These kids will learn to torture and maim each other, for minor infractions.

This is how people learn to kill and maim.

How can a country with all this corruption, safety issues, incompetent handling of problems, ignorance of human and animal rights, etc. expect to lure those wealthy, quality tourists ??

Edited by Beng