Procedure for visa based on marriage to Thai citizen?

I found some info but I'm not positive it's up-to-date and it's not clear of financial reporting requirements.

List of documents for extension Thai spouse visa, (edited for my situation).

Note: 2 copies of each item are required.

1. Application form T.M. 7 with one photograph size 4×6 cm. and Visa Fee 1900.-Baht
2. Copy of passport ( with certified true copy )
3. Required documentation for applying visa in case of supporting Thai wife:
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Wife’s house registration
6. Wife’s identity card
7. Recording interviewing the husband and wife for confirming status of husband and wife
8. House’s map
9. Other such as Registration Company
10. Picture of house and family

I'm guessing I need the above items and make a trip to the embassy for them to make 1 or 2? certified copies, and and stamp an income affidavit ?

The only thing not clear to me on this list is #9. Do they mean building contract, or the registration of your company, if you have a Thai Ltd. ?

The income/money in the bank requirement was muddled up by mention of a work permit.

The requirement of minimum 40k THB per month income is from any country (€980 or $1220 EU or US) , and not Thai income, right?

The list says "Letter from applicant's company to certify salary" but no mention of any proof of income statement from the embassy. Do you need both, or just the affidavit?

As for money in a Thai account, if it dips below 400k at anytime during the 2 months prior to (renewal application date, or current visa expiration?) doesn't it count?

I thought a visa based on marriage to a Thai was 300k for 2 months or 3 months and retirement was 400k for 3 months or 800k for a non-Thai couple?

What about multiple Thai accounts? What if you have one with no less than 350k ever and another with never less than100k+ for the past few years? The account with 100k secures a credit card, does that count? I have another account and a joint account but they go from 1000 to 500k and back throughout the year. I was keeping over 400k in one account but a family member withdrew money to pay a bill and used my "visa" account and not our "spending" account.

I don't keep much money here, I had a few million in the account during the last year but I bought stuff.

I have a bank manager who mentioned she could write a letter. Is that just a copy of the statement or could she say I've had an average monthly balance of way over 400k for the past year, or won't immigration care?

The affidavit from the embassy seems the easiest but since I was figuring on keeping at least 400k in one account here, when my accountant advised me to stop paying myself the last few months of the year and take a dividend in 2015 instead, I did. When I applied for my current visa, I assumed they'd want to see 3 months of deposits into my account. If they do now, they'll see a month of (many multiples of the minimum) going in (same with months Jan-Oct 2014), nothing in Nov and Dec. and way over the minimum in Jan 2015. It sucks I have to pay myself, when I don't need the money and it's going to cost me more in taxes just because of the timing when my visa expires.

My stats, I hold a US passport, am over 50, married to a Thai woman and have income from an EU company I own, among other sources.

I read the pinned topics and had a suggestion, since the majority of non-tourist visa questions are "How do I apply for ED, Retirement, Based on marriage, and Business visas, it would save a lot of repeating answers if there were pinned checklists and requirements for those four frequently asked questions.

Do you have a non-o visa now or an extension of stay? You will be applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage (not a visa)..

Not sure where you found the info posted.

You need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the date you apply. You will need a letter from the bank confirming you balance and bank book to prove it has been in the bank for 60 days. You can have it in more than one account but both must total 400k baht for 2 months.

Or proof of an income of 40k baht. If you do a income affidavit at the embassy it is in US dollars. At today's exchange rate that is a little less $1250. Immigration will convert to baht when you apply.

Certified copies means your signature on them. All submitted copies of original documents requires this.

2. Copies assport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp. TM6 departure card also.

3.???

4. Marriage certificate plus copies. Up to date Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

5 and 6 Are copies

7. They do a statement after your application is accepted and the fee is paid.

8. Map from nearest main road or street to your home.

9. Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for. Rental agreement will accepted.

10. Pictures of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show house number with you and the wife together.

I am currently on a non-O retirement document (and have been since 1998), and would like to change to a marriage document. Having been married to a Thai for 16 years, I thought it would free up a reasonable amount changing from the 800,000 baht to 400,000 baht requirement. Should I wait till the current document is near the expiry date, or go ahead now? And how likely are they to accept the change?

I am currently on a non-O retirement document (and have been since 1998), and would like to change to a marriage document. Having been married to a Thai for 16 years, I thought it would free up a reasonable amount changing from the 800,000 baht to 400,000 baht requirement. Should I wait till the current document is near the expiry date, or go ahead now? And how likely are they to accept the change?

You wait until your current permission to stay expires and 45 to 30 days before that you can apply for a new extension of stay, but now you ask for a extension based upon marriage.

That is normally no problem, although they might want to push you towards retirement as that requires much less paperwork for both you and immigration.

You do know that based on retirement you can also go for a combination of yearly income and money in the bank, if they together total 800,000?

I have an extension of stay I think. In my passport I have old Non-B visa, then a extension of stay marked "retirement" good until Feb 21 2015 and a non-imm multiple entry good until the same date.

Here's the link to the info I included in my original post:

http://www.thaivisa.com/non-imm-o-marriage.html

Item 3 was just the header for the section including 4 through 10.

I'll just go to the embassy and put down my 2014 income divided by 12, My Thai bank book shows incoming transfers totaling a few mil over 2014 which should be adequate proof I'd think. I'll still bring a letter showing the source of the funds just in case.

I'm still not clear on #2. It lists "certified, true copy". To me that suggests that I need to have a copy of my passport notarized at the embassy, and not just sign a photocopy in front of them.

I needed a certified copy for an earlier application and that I got from the embassy.

Thanks again for your help.

Do you have a non-o visa now or an extension of stay? You will be applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage (not a visa)..

Not sure where you found the info posted.

You need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months on the date you apply. You will need a letter from the bank confirming you balance and bank book to prove it has been in the bank for 60 days. You can have it in more than one account but both must total 400k baht for 2 months.

Or proof of an income of 40k baht. If you do a income affidavit at the embassy it is in US dollars. At today's exchange rate that is a little less $1250. Immigration will convert to baht when you apply.

Certified copies means your signature on them. All submitted copies of original documents requires this.

2. Copies assport photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamp. TM6 departure card also.

3.???

4. Marriage certificate plus copies. Up to date Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

5 and 6 Are copies

7. They do a statement after your application is accepted and the fee is paid.

8. Map from nearest main road or street to your home.

9. Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for. Rental agreement will accepted.

10. Pictures of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show house number with you and the wife together.

You may have a Kor Ror 2 you got when you registered your marriage that has all the information about you and your wife and the person that signed off on the registration.

Your wife can go to any Amphoe and ask for one by just showing her ID card. They will print it out sign and stamp it. It will cost 20 baht to get it.

Immigration wants a recent one to prove you are still married.

Guitar God, on 13 Dec 2014 - 12:33, said:

I have an extension of stay I think. In my passport I have old Non-B visa, then a extension of stay marked "retirement" good until Feb 21 2015 and a non-imm multiple entry good until the same date.

Why do you have both a multi entry Non Imm O Visa and an extension of stay based on retirement.

Are you using the Visa to go in and out of Thailand?

Having an extension of stay (retirement or marriage) replaces the need for a Visa.

You get a re-entry permit to allow travel in and out of Thailand when you hold an extension to stay.

I'm not sure why I have both and I'm not sure why immigration gave me a multiple reentry if I didn't need it.

On my extension of stay it says" To keep your stay permit (,) reentry permit must be made before leaving Thailand" ( I added the comma for readability).

Which to me implies that I either need a multiple entry permit, or apply for some other reentry permit before I leave.

I know how to get a multiple reentry permit and it's good for a year and I don't have to do anything to get back in and there's no risk of forgetting and having my extension of stay cancelled when I return. Can I apply at the airport before I leave?

How can I come and go as I please with an extension of stay? How can I get a reentry permit?

The problem was the wording in your post. You wrote you had a non imm multiple entry.

What you have is an extension of stay with a multiple re-entry permit. If you travel a lot then that is is what you should have. You can get a single re-entry permit for a fee of 1000 baht verses the multiple at 3800 baht.