Yingluck still more popular than Abhisit: survey

Lite Beer

He was a banned politician. The rest doesn't really matter.

I understand only PTP should follow the rules to the letter, the rest can get away with anything as long as the good guys get their hands in the cooky jar.

He was a banned politician. He was involved with both PPP and the Democrats while he was banned.

PTP obviously don't follow the rules, since they're owned by a banned politician.

Neither did the democrats when they formed their coalition. Unfortunately I have never seen Rubl or you object. If you are propagating following the law, you should not make exceptions, otherwise your motives will be questioned, as this exchange proves.

Let's not discuss the current lot, as there are quite a few laws they broke and subsequently replaced by their own.

But you complain about Newin being part of the Democrat coalition, but don't complain about his involvement in PPP?

• Like 1

Call an election any time you like and she will walk it, which is why they won't until they have rigged the deck. There is no way I would like her back in power, but it should about what the majority want, not just me.

Try providing viable political alternatives if you don't like them instead of just seizing power in a sulk.

The figures are of course nonsense.Call an election tomorrow without interference from the military, conduct it transparently with credible local and international observers.Hypothetically place Yingluck as head of the PTP and Abhisit as head of the Democrats.I can assure all - the perceptive know it already - that the result will not be level pegging.

The old order is unravelling before our eyes and there's a wind of change blowing in Thailand.It may take some time but the final outcome is inevitable.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Was there any doubt about it.

Ordinarily, you would have raised a great deal of doubt over it.

That is your typical response in other poll threads.

But. somehow, with this poll thread, you've changed your tune completely.

Why do you differ now so much from your own earlier poll thread posts?

Such as:

North Korean polls also show a high support for it's leader, are we also to believe those poll?

Or, in a different poll thread:

These polls mean nothing.

It's interesting how someone who just join knows about post I made a month before he join Thaivisa. Or did you spend a day or two looking through all my post or better yet your have past experience here before you were suspended and reincarnated yourself.

He was a banned politician. The rest doesn't really matter.

I understand only PTP should follow the rules to the letter, the rest can get away with anything as long as the good guys get their hands in the cooky jar.

He was a banned politician. He was involved with both PPP and the Democrats while he was banned.

PTP obviously don't follow the rules, since they're owned by a banned politician.

Neither did the democrats when they formed their coalition. Unfortunately I have never seen Rubl or you object. If you are propagating following the law, you should not make exceptions, otherwise your motives will be questioned, as this exchange proves.

Let's not discuss the current lot, as there are quite a few laws they broke and subsequently replaced by their own.

But you complain about Newin being part of the Democrat coalition, but don't complain about his involvement in PPP?

I don't complain about both. It is what it is. Thai politics is corrupt to the core, and always has been. This includes Thaksin, the Democrats, Newin and the army.

All I want is an immediate restoration of the Thai electorate's right to decide who should run their country.

And as an added bonus, I would like people to stop selectively holding people to the law, whilst others get to break the same laws.

Whinging about PTP breaking the law, whilst at the same time supporting a Junta that has broken the law in every way imagineable, cannot be taken seriously.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Such as:

North Korean polls also show a high support for it's leader, are we also to believe those poll?

It's interesting how someone who just join knows about post I made a month before he join Thaivisa. Or did you spend a day or two looking through all my post or better yet your have past experience here before you were suspended and reincarnated yourself.

Nice attempt at deflection.

This poll means nothing, right?

• Like 1

Such as:

It means exactly what all such polls mean.But if an election was held under fair conditions the result would be a landslide for Yingluck.Awkward for you I know.

No it doesn't obviously. Look at the sample polled, around 1200. No mention about what people exactly were polled. This poll is just as meaningless as the polls conducted by that Army organisation, although in this case the polling sample is double of the 626 community leaders.

I am waiting for the poll of polls, a general election. In which all members of the Thai electorate at least have the opportunety to casts their votes. Much more reliable and far more relevant than any poll.

Edited by sjaak327

No it doesn't obviously. Look at the sample polled, around 1200. No mention about what people exactly were polled. This poll is just as meaningless as the polls conducted by that Army organisation, although in this case the polling sample is double of the 626 community leaders.

I am waiting for the poll of polls, a general election. In which all members of the Thai electorate at least have the opportunety to casts their votes. Much more reliable and far more relevant than any poll.

As I said above, tell that to mango Bob.

• Like 1

Call an election any time you like and she will walk it, which is why they won't until they have rigged the deck. There is no way I would like her back in power, but it should about what the majority want, not just me.

Try providing viable political alternatives if you don't like them instead of just seizing power in a sulk.

The figures are of course nonsense.Call an election tomorrow without interference from the military, conduct it transparently with credible local and international observers.Hypothetically place Yingluck as head of the PTP and Abhisit as head of the Democrats.I can assure all - the perceptive know it already - that the result will not be level pegging.

The old order is unravelling before our eyes and there's a wind of change blowing in Thailand.It may take some time but the final outcome is inevitable.

there's a wind of change blowing in Thailand

we can hope, but honestly, if I decide to hold my breath for that, I suspect that it'll be for (more than) a few years ...

there's a wind of change blowing in Thailand

we can hope, but honestly, if I decide to hold my breath for that, I suspect that it'll be for (more than) a few years ...

You are probably right but there can be no argument about the eventual outcome by which I mean the ability of the Thai people to determine for themselves who should be their representatives.

A good quarter of the polled preferring puppet-clone-poo as a pseudo-PM again says more about what is, or rather should be, between those people's ears, but is not there, than it says about anything else, and that's the main sad thing about this country where 'the system' keeps the population uneducated to remain in power, IMO.

From what I've heard from some Isaan red shirt territory folk - I'm only going by one area so shoot me down if you wish, Yingkuck is still popular but those same people are disenchanted with the police corruption, red shirts and pheu Thai because of corruption and the rice thing though they still like old Yinglips.

She may be popular and the pheu Thai are still more popular than the Dems but their politics is less trusted this time around for sure. People are starting to put 2 and 2 together, wising up and seeing that they were taken for a bit of a ride.

A good quarter of the polled preferring puppet-clone-poo as a pseudo-PM again says more about what is, or rather should be, between those people's ears, but is not there, than it says about anything else, and that's the main sad thing about this country where 'the system' keeps the population uneducated to remain in power, IMO.

Of course, the Thai electorate are uneducated. They were when they choose the real deal, and they continue to be when they choose the clone.

Considering Abhisit's main supporters are all in the south, it probably means those are more educated right ?

Quit the uneducated , most Thais I know know a whole of a lot more about their country than the barstool expat, which often would be considered idiots at their home countries. That includes expats living in Bangrak.

Edited by sjaak327

Yes, it only took the Italians 10 years to get rid of Silvio Berlusconi. The old Shin clan will go the same way.

the governement that was made possible by Newin whilst he was serving a 5 year ban from politics, so that points to the Abhisit coaltion.

At the very least, people that voted for PT knew of Thaksin's involvement, they hardly kept that a secret.

I doubt Newin would object, after all, his party even tried to join Yingluck's governement.

Being called a criminal in Thailand means only one thing, being unable to get away with it. Ask Newin, he should know..

Tjeez, the rubbish some write!

For one the Abhisit government was made possible by the military I was told, that would leave out Newin. For another being called a criminal fugitive in Thailand means having been sentenced and having fleed justice.

As for your "I cannot remember you objecting to this at the time,", better stop before going off at the deep end. Look in the mirror, did I hear you before the coup?

Anyway the amazing part of poll of this topic might not be Ms. Yingluck's position (after all everybody loves doting mothers who take care of their kids), but the position of Abhisit. After all he is in a real disadvantage publicity wise.

Edited by rubl

I don't complain about both. It is what it is. Thai politics is corrupt to the core, and always has been. This includes Thaksin, the Democrats, Newin and the army.

All I want is an immediate restoration of the Thai electorate's right to decide who should run their country.

And as an added bonus, I would like people to stop selectively holding people to the law, whilst others get to break the same laws.

Whinging about PTP breaking the law, whilst at the same time supporting a Junta that has broken the law in every way imagineable, cannot be taken seriously.

All I want for Christmas ....

You're a bit of a dreamer, aren't you? Mind you, all you want is for the situation before the coup to return. You seem to wish chaos unto the Thai.

Better stick to the topic of a poll which no one really believes and may fit your wishfull thinking.

• Like 1

Yes, it only took the Italians 10 years to get rid of Silvio Berlusconi. The old Shin clan will go the same way.

Yes it's all about the Shins.Yawn

• Like 2

Did you notice the topic title ?

Somehow the antics of the Shin's seem like a repeat of Peron and his wife 50 years ago.

• Like 1

Somehow the antics of the Shin's seem like a repeat of Peron and his wife 50 years ago.

Argentina once among the most advanced and prosperous countries slid into mediocrity and failure.The Perons were a symptom of the political failure that led to this economic regression but not the cause.

Similarly Thailand has bitter social divisions and an unreformed unelected elite.You could blame Thaksin and Yingluck for this but you would not only be wrong you would be fatuous.

Still it's hardly a surprise when the simple minded come up with trite simple minded explanations.

Argentina once among the most advanced and prosperous countries slid into mediocrity and failure.The Perons were a symptom of the political failure that led to this economic regression but not the cause.

Similarly Thailand has bitter social divisions and an unreformed unelected elite.You could blame Thaksin and Yingluck for this but you would not only be wrong you would be fatuous.

Still it's hardly a surprise when the simple minded come up with trite simple minded explanations.

How to try to denigrate your opponents, suggest they're simple minded, nearly buffaloes, you learned while studying in Cambridge? Deflect when real arguments cannot be found? Or is it just a case of softening up before the real attack (which hasn't come yet)?

• Like 1

How to try to denigrate your opponents, suggest they're simple minded, nearly buffaloes, you learned while studying in Cambridge? Deflect when real arguments cannot be found? Or is it just a case of softening up before the real attack (which hasn't come yet)?

I have just clearly pointed out why you are mistaken.You could make a case to show why you disagree but you prefer not to.

And yes to blame all Thailand's social and political disfunctionality on the Shins is indeed simpleminded.

Call an election any time you like and she will walk it, which is why they won't until they have rigged the deck.

Don't you mean re-rigged the deck? It was already rigged in her 'winning'. Take away the pay-per-vote and 'red village' intimidation and it would by no means be a landslide.

But, whatever, unfortunately the only way for a bloke with the integrity of Abhisit to get in in the first place is through some kind of intervention. Thailand is just not ready to follow a leader of such intelligence and logic.

• Like 1

I have just clearly pointed out why you are mistaken.You could make a case to show why you disagree but you prefer not to.

And yes to blame all Thailand's social and political disfunctionality on the Shins is indeed simpleminded.

My dear boy, read again.

Nowhere did I blame the Shins for all Thailand's problems. I'm just saying that the Shins don't help Thailand's problems to be solved. In a way you say the same saying the Perons were symptomatic of Argentinas problems.

As for that 'clearly pointed out why you are mistaken', if the Shins are a symptom of Thailands failure similar to Argentina with its Perons, why would anyone wish them to return?

PS please try not to mess up the quotes when replying. I almost missed your reply, just stumbled over it. With messed up quotes I will not get a notification. Thanks.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

My dear boy, read again.

Nowhere did I blame the Shins for all Thailand's problems. I'm just saying that the Shins don't help Thailand's problems to be solved. In a way you say the same saying the Perons were symptomatic of Argentinas problems.

As for that 'clearly pointed out why you are mistaken', if the Shins are a symptom of Thailands failure similar to Argentina with its Perons, why would anyone wish them to return?

PS please try not to mess up the quotes when replying. I almost missed your reply, just stumbled over it. With messed up quotes I will not get a notification. Thanks.

I didn't say the Shins were "like the Perons".I said to blame either clan for their countries problems was mistaken (Argentina'a are far greater than those of Thailand by the way).As a matter of fact there is substantial evidence that the Thaksin administration did a great deal to improve Thailand's social infrastructure.He gave a voice to the hitherto unpoliticised majority and was hated for this by entrenched and unelected vested interests, the latter being at least equally responsible for the country's dire state.

• Like 1

Let the Shinawatra clan come back in power and Thailand will self-destruct.

You really think the yellows gonna do any better, look back to the time Abhisit was supposed to be governing (he never did actually) !

To be honest and stop this sh*t, both Shins as well as Suthep and Abhisit should be banned from politics.