Quad Bikes

Dave1962

i have a quad for about 3 years now not legal on road use but i use mine on village roads and off road with no probs

having said that whilst not legal not illegal either as there are no specific laws to cover this type of transport

when i bought mine i looked into registering it as a farm vehicle but really no need if only local use

there is a company in pattaya who rents them to tourist and claims to have arrangement for road use

right now i will state i am in no way promoting that you do anything illegal its entirely up to you if you Google quads in Thailand you will see several company's selling these products beware the cheap Chinese makes you will need minimum 250 cc for any use for towing trailer etc

great fun and the envy of the local teens (petrol heads that is)

• Like 1

What the heck is a 'quad'? Oh, you probably mean ATV (All-Terrain Vehicle).

please catch up biggrin.png

I often join a thread half way through...a quad is short for quad-bike, a bike with 4 wheels, actually an ATV is not limited to quads, it includes Land Rovers, Jeeps and the like.... or am I just being old fashioned?

I have a 2011 Suzuki KingQuad 500 AXi 4X4 Power Steering for the farm. It's awesome. I pull brush, trailers, rip out bamboo, etc. I have a bucket and blade for it. I also have a 100 liter sprayer for it. A real muscle machine. I imported it. Not legal on roads. But if you live out in a village, nobody cares. I ride mine on the roads all the time.

If you are interested in import data, you can PM me.

Edited by Reincarnation9
  • Like 2

I have a 2011 Suzuki KingQuad 500 AXi 4X4 Power Steering for the farm. It's awesome. I pull brush, trailers, rip out bamboo, etc. I have a bucket and blade for it. I also have a 100 liter sprayer for it. A real muscle machine. I imported it. Not legal on roads. But if you live out in a village, nobody cares. I ride mine on the roads all the time.

No tax on importing them correct or do you know the HS code?

• Like 1

There might be quite a few interested, why don't you post all the relevant info for all to read?

Living out in a moo ban you'll see all sorts of things that aren't legal. 9 year old (maybe?) kids riding a scooter. "Lodt tak-tak" creating insane amount of noise pollution. Gulf carts. Quads. Etc. As long as nobody gets hurt and everyone lives together in tranquility it all seems to be accepted.