High Russians Break Into Temple, Dress As Monks: Police

Lite Beer

I'm guessing they were too stoned to think about what they were doing and what could possibly go wrong. Since Russia is a big non-religious country, they probably had no clue. It's all fun and games until someone gets an eye put out. coffee1.gif

with pedo monks and scammer monks Thailand is really destroying the image of Buddha, Thai factories made Buddha underwear and monks in Ubon scammed in private jets looks more like Thai fetish cults than Buddhism to me

I agree that there are monks that have been misbehaving but don't throw out the entire religion because of that. Look at Luang Ta Ma Hobao raising money and gold to help pay of Thailands depths during the financial crisis, Luang Phor Koon that have build schools, hospital, roads and so on with donated money and so on.

This is not a problem only for buddhism! Look at all the american TV preachers making millions after millions in donations for their own pockets.

All those catholic priests that have molested children. Muslims that kill people because they are not muslims when the teachings of allah is similar to christianity, buddhism and so on; "You shall not kill". And the jews in Israel that uses the holocaust to rectify what they do in palestine today.

We should all just do our best, stop just thinking "ME" and try to help others with what we can, that you can find in most religions.

Thais have formed their own twisted form of Buddhism that suits the fact pretty much everyone in its population looks down on a person with 1 baht less than themselves. To add Thais and Asians in general are the most money obsessed people on the planet and will screw anyone over to get a penny ahead.

As a race Thais couldn't be further away from true Buddhists if they tried, but self awareness is another facet that is missing from the Thai psyche.

True . If you have been here for a while and observe how Thai behave, and then look up the five

precepts of Buddhism, you will scratch your head in wonderment that Thailand even remotely

considers itself to be a Buddhist nation..... .cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

with pedo monks and scammer monks Thailand is really destroying the image of Buddha, Thai factories made Buddha underwear and monks in Ubon scammed in private jets looks more like Thai fetish cults than Buddhism to me

This sort of thing has been going on in just about every religion and in every nation since Man invented religion. One could even go so far as to say that religion itself is a scam, but some just get a little too obvious about it...

I believe Thai police ... anywhere .... absolutely LOVE these types of calls for help.

As they leave the station -- they wonder how much BAHT they will get from event.

I wonder if police fight to see who will go on call and get "points" for creative extraction of BAHT.

Show you the low life these people are, I been to Russia and sadly married a cute piece of ass but always knew they cheat and steal from their people and travelled with dirty money to countries like Thailand. A crack down on the money trail would be nice. ATM fraud USA people NO, Russian, Poles and others from soviet block?

So, why do we allow this here?

Drink more beer and dream.

as i see from it, the monks will forgive them and give them proper training and then these two will be a high profile monks and more tourists will come their temple. More tourists, more alms, more money...and these two will say : Our lives have changed since the incident...

well, just thinking out loud.

if you have ever seen russians in action then this comes as no surprise from these absolutley backward people...russians doing what russians do best''Putin on the dog''...

Edited by mok199

I hate drugs and only the most severe penalties for those who profit from them because they destroy society. These two idiots sound like they need a large fine and a good hosing down, sent back to Russia and banned for a while until they grow up.

Russians know how to pay off the police. These two will be going home very shortly.

Correct. If there are any nationals that know how to play the corruption game better than the Thai's, it's the Russians.

Please, the Filipinos give courses on corruption.

This is pretty lame but apart from major disrespect to the Buddha and Buddhism they haven't really committed a crime. I mean, if the Thai authorities let off some Chinese who threatened to blow up a plane after having a hissy fit and throwing hot water on a flight attendant, then surely this kind of incident would be classified as even more petty by comparison?

• Like 1

I hate drugs and only the most severe penalties for those who profit from them because they destroy society. These two idiots sound like they need a large fine and a good hosing down, sent back to Russia and banned for a while until they grow up.

Gee, I wonder what has the most devastating effect on society: drugs, alcohol, sexual deviance, avarice, religion, power, or ignorance?