High Russians Break Into Temple, Dress As Monks: Police

Lite Beer

High Russians Break Into Temple, Dress As Monks: Police

By Khaosod Eng.

14185541091418554262l.jpg

MAE HONG SON — Two Russians have been arrested for allegedly breaking into a temple in northern Thailand and dressing as Buddhist monks, police in Mae Hong Son province say.

Police received calls for help from the abbot of Wat Mae Yen temple in Pai district at around 7 am this morning. Upon arriving at the scene, officers encountered two foreign men dressed as monks sitting inside a chapel with knives on their laps.

After an hour of negotiation, the pair surrendered to police and were taken to Pai Police Station for interrogation.

Pol.Col. Worapol Polmanee, superintendent of Pai Police Station, identified the two men as Russian nationals. He said urine tests have established that the two men were under the influence of narcotics.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1418554109

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-12-14

• Like 1

High monks? Isn't that an occupation reserved for Thais? Plus no work permit. Thailand has certainly got their desired "quality" tourists they so desperately wanted. Bet they are rethinking making the western folks feel unwanted.

• Like 1

Seems to me that these some of Thailand' quality tourists keep making headlines lately........Chinese on airlines...Russians in temples........it's all going well for the TAT

just talking about quality ... don't forget to mention Thai police, Thai courts, Koh Tao, Mafia

These pair are screwed, the limit on the kind of sentence that COULD be handed out here doesn't bare thinking about.

...and once again, the Kremlin will intervene and those guys will be sent back home.

These pair are screwed, the limit on the kind of sentence that COULD be handed out here doesn't bare thinking about.

...and once again, the Kremlin will intervene and those guys will be sent back home.

I rather guess the Kremlin will say they were never there, that it is all a fabrication by the ugly Ukrainians, and that anyways their knives were only there to open their daily (pom)grenade...

Seems to me that these some of Thailand' quality tourists keep making headlines lately........Chinese on airlines...Russians in temples........it's all going well for the TAT

And what have YOUR fellow country men been up to? Easy to pick on others... but then again, I suppose you come from one of the "quality tourist" countries, right? whistling.gif

Although I find their behaviour despicable, they were "high" and didn't know that they were up to (not an excuse for their behaviour, but we've all f**ked up and made mistakes along the way, especially when we were younger (and under the influence)).

"After an hour of negotiation, the pair surrendered to police and were taken to Pai Police Station for interrogation."

It appears that the only people who can impersonate a monk without being arrested have to be bilking people out of money, date women they meet online, own a fleet of cars and then head off to California for more riches, fun and games.whistling.gif .

He wasn't bilking, he was laundering money for some very rich people. And they

made sure to get him out of the country before he started singing like a bird....

But yeah this is a pretty funny story. The Russian/Chinese tourist dreams of TAT is not

working out very well. They could soon be trying to entice Euro tourists to

come back. " We have stopped all the scams that drove you away, please

please come back....." cheesy.gif

Edited by EyesWideOpen

took the police ONE HOUR of negotiation ??

oh yeah, Thais love to play !!!!

I would say this is a benign and very polite act of the police forces !!! This shows the real Thai concept. Jai yen yen !!!!!!

In Russia, they woulkd have suffered the fate of the Pussy Galore. In the USA, they would have got shot ( if black, real fast, not a 4th second of doubt, and if white, by a 10 second lapse)

Kudos for the Thai police to have intervened so lightly onto the perpetrators

Edited by crazygreg44