Educated Thai Women Marrying Foreigners

BahtSimpson

Seems there may be no widespread prejudice or preconceptions about foreign men as I had feared.

Everyone (near enough) has prejudices and preconceptions and you may occasionally find that people judge you a little less generously than they might, but given the fact that Thailand attracts enormous numbers of scumbags, losers and tossers (as this forum evinces on an hourly basis), it's only to be expected and it's not usually much of an issue.

Edited by Zooheekock
  • Like 1

In case there is any doubt about my post above, may I present exhibit A. All men are, it seems, interested only in <deleted> 'young girls'. Gary Glitter no doubt evokes fond memories amongst some on this board.

Ye, Ye. I guess he would like to meet a 45 - 55 years old lady. 555555555555555555555555555

Of course he wants young girl.

Ask him.

Edited by Zooheekock

Your options are way better here,

You can find an attractive woman in her 30s happy to have babies and share your money.
University and high school are cheap, if you want to send her.
Every Amphur has 'catch up high school' running on Sundays each week, free of charge, four years if she left school age 13, then she's ready for university.

Jesus wept. I'm swimming in the sewer.

You think a 56YO foreign English speaking retiree has a chance with a decent, respectable, young educated Thai girl???

Who said anything about 'young' or 'girl'? He said that he wants to meet "real grown up educated Thai women". Of course that's possible.

Ye, Ye. I guess he would like to meet a 45 - 55 years old lady. 555555555555555555555555555

Ask him.

You think a 56YO foreign English speaking retiree has a chance with a decent, respectable, young educated Thai girl???

Who said anything about 'young' or 'girl'? He said that he wants to meet "real grown up educated Thai women". Of course that's possible.

Ask him.

OP, was there an answer in there? I must have missed it.

• Like 1

In case there is any doubt about my post above, may I present exhibit A. All men are, it seems, interested only in <deleted> 'young girls'. Gary Glitter no doubt evokes fond memories amongst some on this board.

Ask him.

Think about it for a moment. For me to meet a young willing Thai girl, how difficult do you think that would be? How long would it take? an hour? less probably. Looking for more than that.

Ask him.

Think about it for a moment. For me to meet a young willing Thai girl, how difficult do you think that would be? How long would it take? an hour? less probably. Looking for more than that.

You didn't exactly answer his question. Yes, anyone can buy a hooker in Thailand. We know that. But are you seeking a "relationship" with a younger woman or an older one? An older one would be easier to find and make more sense. But of course, if you wanted a woman your age, you would have stayed home and find one that could actually speak your language. So I'd imagine you'd prefer a younger one.

• Like 2

if you wanted a woman your age, you would have stayed home and find one that could actually speak your language. So I'd imagine you'd prefer a younger one.

Not everyone who ends up married in Thailand (and not even everyone who comes to Thailand with the idea of getting married and ending up in Thailand) is a lecherous, unprepossessing old twɑt. It's just that the massive preponderance of them on this forum (and perhaps also in the social circles of people who make posts like yours) makes it seem that way.

Edited by Zooheekock

63? If you're fʊcking young girls, she must the grandmother, at least.

Why would you think I sleep with young girls? age 30-37 would be my ideal age range.

Too much trouble when younger than that, even more trouble when older than that.

Seems to me, you are projecting your degeneracy onto other posters.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

been in thailand for years. date as i would back home; educated, professional, interesting, self assured, responsible and reliable women with a good sense of humour.

i date women with careers, usually have a car, their own place and can speak english well, no shortage thats for sure.

obviously its not as easy as walking into a bar flashing some cash and finding 'love'. but i'd say the rewards are great and you avoid many of the problems and much of the negativity that you can read about here and in other places regarding thai women and relationships

good luck.

• Like 2

When you are 60, young girls are 30.

No they are not. Unless, of course, you are a creepy, patronizing old cretin, in which case they might be but for competent speakers of English living in the 21st century, 'young girls' are young girls and having sex with them is a very serious crime.

Great comment. Never seen that one before.

Though, that said, I can certainly see why you think hooking up with someone with even the faintest modicum of education is beyond the limits of the possible.

My gf finished high school earlier this year, and will be starting university next year.

My last gf had a degree in marketing,

My former wife (US citizen) had a degree in Education.

My friends seem educated enough,

How is your Thai 'friend' doing?

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

if you wanted a woman your age, you would have stayed home and find one that could actually speak your language. So I'd imagine you'd prefer a younger one.

Not everyone who ends up married in Thailand (and not even everyone who comes to Thailand with the idea of getting married and ending up in Thailand) is a lecherous, unprepossessing old twɑt. It's just that the massive preponderance of them on this forum (and perhaps also in the social circles of people who make posts like yours) makes it seem that way.

Why don't you mellow out a bit, buddy? No need to be rude. And if you want to compare notes, what percentage would you say of the farangs in Thailand who met their wives/GF when they were already over 50, are with Thai women who are younger than 50? 99%?

• Like 1

My gf finished high school earlier this year,

That's not a boast many men over 20 can make.

My wife graduated from Thammasat and then did an MA at one of the better British universities before I met here. We went back to Britain for 4 years whilst she did a PhD at the same university. She wants to go back to Britain to do post-doc work but I'm not especially keen.

I'm sure many on this forum will assume, given that their chances of meeting someone who is educated to that level are essentially non-existent, that I'm lying but since this is the internet, there's nothing I can do about that.

Edited by Zooheekock
  • Like 1

My wife graduated from Thammasat and then did an MA at one of the better British universities before I met here. We went back to Britain for 4 years whilst she did a PhD at the same university. She wants to go back to Britain to do post-doc work but I'm not especially keen.

I'm sure many on this forum will assume, given that their chances of meeting someone who is educated to that level are essentially non-existent, that I'm lying but since this is the internet, there's nothing I can do about that.

Were you 56+ and retired when you met her?

Because we aren't claiming it's impossible, but we are claiming it's impossible for a 56+ retiree to do.

Why don't you mellow out a bit, buddy? No need to be rude.

I find the assumption that every man in Thailand is a creepy weirdo pervert a little bit irritating.

You've certainly fitted yourself into the 'creepy weirdo irritating & mentally unbalanced' slot by your posts in this thread.

The 'pervert' part is yet to be determined, we would need to know you and your wifes ages before pronouncing on that fact.

Wife is more educated than I, Second Honours Bachelor, Masters from Switzerland.

Though i'm more experienced, she alas is 6 months my senior though, very well respected family, Only ever argued about food, i.e i want Italian, she wants french 5555.

She has travelled the world now like me, i think if you do continue to travel, such as fly to Monaco for the GP and Spain for the summer holidays from Thailand etc it keeps them wanting to explore more and learn more.

Oh as to boundaries we have various properties in Thai and out of Thai, these are owned by a BVI company which when you get down to it, 50% split either way.

Dont get me wrong the usual bar girls are great fun to let some steam off, but not exactly marriage material (though the ones who have got out of the game and married etc - great on them! ) - i just like a conversation now and again and the wife is intelligent and interesting in world affairs so i am happy i can also converse with her no different to had i married a UK, Swiss, French etc girl.

Oh and we are in our late 20's married 3 years together 5.

we are claiming it's impossible for a 56+ retiree to do.

You think it's impossible for a 56 year old foreign man to meet an educated Thai woman (not, note, 'young girl'). And what is your evidence for this? Life in Bumblefʊck Nowhere and a successful history of dating women who failed to make it out of primary school, presumably. Smashing. Just as long as you know what you're talking about. If you're OK looking, moderately pleasant and - probably the biggest problem for many - not a clueless, blundering oaf you have every chance.

we are claiming it's impossible for a 56+ retiree to do.

You think it's impossible for a 56 year old foreign man to meet an educated Thai woman (not, note, 'young girl'). And what is your evidence for this? Life in Bumblefʊck Nowhere and a successful history of dating women who failed to make it out of primary school, presumably. Smashing. Just as long as you know what you're talking about. If you're OK looking, moderately pleasant and - probably the biggest problem for many - not a clueless, blundering oaf you have every chance.

Post #79

OP, my wife had a good graduate career in Bkk working in the sales & marketing of a medium sized international chemicals company. I added her on Fb as she was a member of a volunteer org in Vietnam where she set up a new office. Met her start of 2010 and was married end of following year. Meeting friends and family on both sides dispelled any stereotypes. I'd been made redundant from an investment bank in 2009 when I was 37 and was looking to travel and do voluntary work, she was 29.

Having blazed the trail in a practically non-farang province (Uthai Thani) our little sis who is a supervisor at an opticians in Bkk has started dating an older farang. She's just turned 30, he's upper 50s, they chatted on a Thai dating site, not sure which one. Circumstances slightly different as she's separated from an abusive partner with a 4 y/o son, he was divorced in Scotland some time ago and was a senior salesman in hydraulic engineering with degree & masters, now teaching English in Bkk and re-selling from Sampeng on UK ebay.

So essentially both relationships started from online contact, might be worth searching for reputable dating site.

• Like 1