Educated Thai Women Marrying Foreigners

BahtSimpson

Any proof? AndI dont mean from John the Bar Fly in Nana Plaza either

Why not ask in a 7-11 yourself, it's the only proof you would accept.

Must be one near you.

Well as I am seeing more and more Burmese move into sales positions in places such as Supacheap and 7-11 around Phuket (Not yet in Familymart as this is a southern Thai company that only employs southern Thais) it reinforces my belief that this is a myth that barflys have adopted.... So that when their friends come over from farangland they can say ' Oh yes, I met my bird in a 7-11, not on Bangla Road like all the others, you know they need degrees in rocket science and nuclear physics to get these jobs...yep yep, 7-11 really sets the bar high here.'

Supacheap is wholey and soley Burmese workers now, and let me tell you. They are straight off the construction sites. But they are actually brighter than most of the local staff is. A pack of smokes only takes 5 minutes.

If I were to suggest to the OP where to meet educated Thai women. 7-11s would be one rung up the ladder above the local bar. Another myth that barflys adopt is the locl shopping centre. Robinsons and Central employ cheap labour. They dont employ smart labour.

I would say to the OP, try and have a crack at some nurses, not that you would like to hang around hospitals and sickpeople...but who doesnt like a nurse? In any country in the world they are considered to be quite sexy.

Another place to meet women is Facebook. If you see a profile with semi nacked photos then thats usually an indication of something amis. Another thing if they have 2000 male friends with names like Jimmy Pattaya and Bangkok Johnny then you might be venturing into dangerous territory.

At least with Facebook you can see if a woman has a job because Thais always post pictures of their work places....send them a few messages, if they reply in good English then thats a start, then go and meet them. Keep a few irons in the fire though

Must be one near you.

Well as I am seeing more and more Burmese move into sales positions in places such as Supacheap and 7-11 around Phuket (Not yet in Familymart as this is a southern Thai company that only employs southern Thais) it reinforces my belief that this is a myth that barflys have adopted.... So that when their friends come over from farangland they can say ' Oh yes, I met my bird in a 7-11, not on Bangla Road like all the others, you know they need degrees in rocket science and nuclear physics to get these jobs...yep yep, 7-11 really sets the bar high here.'

Supacheap is wholey and soley Burmese workers now, and let me tell you. They are straight off the construction sites. But they are actually brighter than most of the local staff is. A pack of smokes only takes 5 minutes.

If I were to suggest to the OP where to meet educated Thai women. 7-11s would be one rung up the ladder above the local bar. Another myth that barflys adopt is the locl shopping centre. Robinsons and Central employ cheap labour. They dont employ smart labour.

I would say to the OP, try and have a crack at some nurses, not that you would like to hang around hospitals and sickpeople...but who doesnt like a nurse? In any country in the world they are considered to be quite sexy.

Another place to meet women is Facebook. If you see a profile with semi nacked photos then thats usually an indication of something amis. Another thing if they have 2000 male friends with names like Jimmy Pattaya and Bangkok Johnny then you might be venturing into dangerous territory.

At least with Facebook you can see if a woman has a job because Thais always post pictures of their work places....send them a few messages, if they reply in good English then thats a start, then go and meet them. Keep a few irons in the fire though

I would tell my Thai woman friends to the way how to find some nice Farang( take the point from here ). Most of them prefer to have security in living.

No money, no honey,,,,55555

Must be one near you.

KFC also require high school, "must have completed Mathayom 3 or up and be aged over 18".

(That's half of high school and got the certificate, less than 10% of the population, less than 25% of current school leavers).

Here's the advert,

post-151798-0-52497500-1419424239_thumb.

...I would say to the OP, try and have a crack at some nurses, not that you would like to hang around hospitals and sickpeople...but who doesnt like a nurse? In any country in the world they are considered to be quite sexy...

One of the better ideas here. Just don't make first contact on your way to the clap clinic !

• Like 2

You should not looking for only educated woman. The woman that still working is more interesting because they appreciate in time and money.

I do understand that some of you need the young girl, no job and well education so they have plenty of time for you. But people got so much free time, always got other do too,,,especially playing the card,,or many things,,,

Also back to look at yourself that you are serious in the relationship or just want to play the game.

Must be one near you.

KFC also require high school, "must have completed Mathayom 3 or up and be aged over 18".

(That's half of high school and got the certificate, less than 10% of the population, less than 25% of current school leavers).

Here's the advert,

attachicon.gif2014-12-24 12.40.36.jpg

Must be one near you.

Here's the advert,

Good to see people engaging with the important issues :-)

Ok the smoking gun right? Its hardly a requirment to have diploma in Marine Biology, or a degree in Biochemistry that the barflys talk about.

Yes I agree that these companies including 7-11 would require that there unskilled staff would need a third year high school education from Thailand so they can cover basic English and mathematics whilst on shift. This is equivalent to year 10 in Australia, which is the pre requisite for all menial jobs there.

Now we are on the subject of educated Thai women... So lets establish this. The Thai public school system has a lot lower standards than the west. Considering that westerners do 4 years in quite reasonable schools. And we all know that Thais go to quite ordinary temple schools and public schools for 3 years to obtain their basic leaving certificate, this would suggest that the 7-11 staff arent all that educated.

It looks like my theory is confirmed then, the barfly myth of staff in 7-11s, McDonalds and KFCs having degrees in Nuclear Physics is just that, a myth

Must be one near you.

Here's the advert,

Ok the smoking gun right? Its hardly a requirment to have diploma in Marine Biology, or a degree in Biochemistry that the barflys talk about.

Yes I agree that these companies including 7-11 would require that there unskilled staff would need a third year high school education from Thailand so they can cover basic English and mathematics whilst on shift. This is equivalent to year 10 in Australia, which is the pre requisite for all menial jobs there.

Now we are on the subject of educated Thai women... So lets establish this. The Thai public school system has a lot lower standards than the west. Considering that westerners do 4 years in quite reasonable schools. And we all know that Thais go to quite ordinary temple schools and public schools for 3 years to obtain their basic leaving certificate, this would suggest that the 7-11 staff arent all that educated.

It looks like my theory is confirmed then, the barfly myth of staff in 7-11s, McDonalds and KFCs having degrees in Nuclear Physics is just that, a myth

As I pointed out, less than 10% of Thais have ever attended high school.

Currently after year 3, only 25% are allowed to stay on (want to or not).

In Thailand, having a year 3 high school completion certificate makes you one of the Thai educated elite.

3 years of high school is hardly a diploma is it now? Ill hazard a guess...Im pretty sure the OP isnt looking for 7-11 staff

In Thailand, having a year 3 high school completion certificate makes you one of the Thai educated elite.

Guys are always bringing up nurses as the perfect mate. I suppose they could look after you into old age, but it would be annoying to have someone telling you how to live your life (e.g., don't eat greasy food, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, etc.). I don't spend much time in hospitals, but the few times that I have, I rarely see a truly attractive nurse. And the ones that are attractive would probably already be with some young doctor and not the least interested in a farang.

• Like 2

Guys are always bringing up nurses as the perfect mate. I suppose they could look after you into old age, but it would be annoying to have someone telling you how to live your life (e.g., don't eat greasy food, don't drink, don't smoke, exercise, etc.). I don't spend much time in hospitals, but the few times that I have, I rarely see a truly attractive nurse. And the ones that are attractive would probably already be with some young doctor and not the least interested in a farang.

American cops are notorious for marrying nurses and waitresses. (Then divorcing them in a few years.)

All about being waited on. Sad, huh?

Thai doctors earn poor wages and aren't compelled to put the house in nurse's name.

Not to mention 100 nurses for every doctor.

American cops are notorious for marrying nurses and waitresses. (Then divorcing them in a few years.)

All about being waited on. Sad, huh?

And I was thinking it 'cos nurses are the dirtiest lays (not to mention the uniform).

Why pick on nurses only!

All women want to tell you how to live and what you have to do to please them!

"I've seen guys here married, apparently, happily to local women."

'Apparently' being the operative word here, to put in easier prospective to understand,

marrying a local lady, is like a crap shoot, sometime you roll 7 but most of the time

you roll snake eyes...

Probabilities are not your strongest point I guess.

Rolling snake eyes: 1 in 36 chance

Rolling 7: 6 in 36 chance

wink.png

In Thailand the dice are loaded for Isaan.

• Like 1

3 years of high school is hardly a diploma is it now? Ill hazard a guess...Im pretty sure the OP isnt looking for 7-11 staff

I thought they had to have a degree to work there? A degree in Thailand isn't the same as the west though, attendance is key and hello degree.

Heck, why would an educated thai lady want to be with a farang ?

Talk about life, no

Talk about politics, no

Dinner together, no

Sex, maybe

Raising kids crosscultural, no

Living in farangland, no

and so on and so on.

It is merely, yes merely, all about money, security for the thai families. Different mindset in which education has nothing to do with. Give any thai woman the choice between a farang hubby and a thai, 99,9% of thai woman will choose a thai.

Damaged goods. As long as one is aware, no problem.

On a side note, there are very nice warmhearted ladies but lots of luck is involved meeting them. I was/am lucky.

I dated a Thai lady, but she told me that only the lower-rung, more desperate women actually married foreigners for security first and foremost. Having said that she was a conservative and of yellow-shirt stock shall we say. The more liberal, lefty females from the Isaan provinces are more prone to hunting the farang down.

Hang out at expensive thai places and you will find these educated girls with way too much money, it's not very hard only that some people prefer to be lazy and hook up with bar girls/issan because it's comfortable and you don't need to work hard to get them..

I thought they had to have a degree to work there? A degree in Thailand isn't the same as the west though, attendance is key and hello degree.

Its just another barfly myth. 3 years of high school and youve got your MBA in cashier service

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know a number of well educated women who would consider a foreign husband. They are all in their mid thirties, have undergraduate or graduate degrees, good jobs( some make 100k plus US ) none have children and most are still virgins.

In my opinion they would all make wonderful wives and life partners. Most are still hoping to have children but may take a pass for the right guy.

I think the key is that you would need to be a good person, with a reasonable Thai income say 100 k thb per month and willing to meet them part way regarding the cultural divide which is real.

Drinkers, smokers, fat guys and womanizers need not apply

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

24 minutes ago, expat1010 said:

I know a number of well educated women who would consider a foreign husband. They are all in their mid thirties, have undergraduate or graduate degrees, good jobs( some make 100k plus US ) none have children and most are still virgins.

In my opinion they would all make wonderful wives and life partners. Most are still hoping to have children but may take a pass for the right guy.

I think the key is that you would need to be a good person, with a reasonable Thai income say 100 k thb per month and willing to meet them part way regarding the cultural divide which is real.

Drinkers, smokers, fat guys and womanizers need not apply

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Got any pics?

29 minutes ago, expat1010 said:

These mid thirties hi-so virgin graduates all seem to have been surprisingly open to you about their sexual history, in a way not really befitting of 35 year old hi-so virgin graduates.

45 minutes ago, The manic said:

Women of such an age are considered to be on the shelf to Thai men. Younger attractive Thai women want pretty boy Thai/Chinese husbands. 

Apparently my wife didn't care about those things 40 years ago.  555.