Educated Thai Women Marrying Foreigners

BahtSimpson

There are tons of well-educated women who are interested in dating a foreigner. I am not sure about your age group but when i look at the number of friends of my wife (all doctors in their late 20's and early 30's) who are interested than there should also be some left around the age 50.

The only problem is that you won't meet these girls. They are often too shy to speak English, cannot speak English at all, or never go out to places where they meet new people. It is also logical, because if they did speak English freely and did go out, they wouldn't be single anymore (simplified statement).

So what you need to do:

1. learn how to speak Thai

2. look for them at non-traditional places (forget bars, discos, restaurants, karaoke places, dancing clubs, but go for hospitals, small businesses, eateries around big companies where they go out for lunch, fitness clubs, etc).

3. initiate contact. As said before, if they would initiate contact they would not be single anymore, so you need to do it

You heard him: start loitering at the hospital. If you're serious, you'll begin today.

• Like 1

Encouraging. Lots of constructive and helpful comment. New to the forum and half expected to be shot down in flames for my somewhat naive post. Courtesy is one of the things that attracts me to this part of the world. Seems there may be no widespread prejudice or preconceptions about foreign men as I had feared. Just starting life here and finding my way around. Sounds like my options and prospects are as good here as anywhere. Thank you.

Your options are way better here,

You can find an attractive woman in her 30s happy to have babies and share your money.

University and high school are cheap, if you want to send her.

Every Amphur has 'catch up high school' running on Sundays each week, free of charge, four years if she left school age 13, then she's ready for university.

Farm girls are great!

absolutely precious stuff;

find a girl and send her to high school and then even university.

according to your expertise, approx what % of these girls(bar and googo i presume) have the aptitude for such advanced studies?

according to your expertise, approx what % of these girls(bar and googo i presume) have the aptitude for such advanced studies?

Everyone passes, who can do the time, background not important.

In the 'Rat' unis anyway. Can't get a government job if they have a tattoo.

Mine is training as a schoolteacher.

Daft as a brush.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

Move in the right circles as you would in Europe.

You would not go down the docks or 'prostitute alley' to fine a good woman in Europe. The same applies here.

Away 100% from the likes of Pattaya and Phuket to get a good woman.

Where to find? That is not an easy one to answer. Up North (not Issan) I found good women. Teachers, generally educated people who wanted a good man. One whose family are well to do Chulankorn University lecturers found me.

I found some dating sites can be good once you are discerning and know how to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Pretty good advise but not happy about you distinguishing between North and Isaan. My wife is educated, has been a teacher for 28 tears and comes from Isaan. Why you are dismissive of educated women coming from the north east? I know many women from her circle of friends and co-workers, who clearly hold themselves up there with their counterparts from other areas of Thailand.

• Like 2

Encouraging. Lots of constructive and helpful comment. New to the forum and half expected to be shot down in flames for my somewhat naive post. Courtesy is one of the things that attracts me to this part of the world. Seems there may be no widespread prejudice or preconceptions about foreign men as I had feared. Just starting life here and finding my way around. Sounds like my options and prospects are as good here as anywhere. Thank you.

Your options are way better here,

You can find an attractive woman in her 30s happy to have babies and share your money.

University and high school are cheap, if you want to send her.

Every Amphur has 'catch up high school' running on Sundays each week, free of charge, four years if she left school age 13, then she's ready for university.

Farm girls are great!

ive never read so much crap from the look at my wife with all her degrees brigade for a long time,

degrees wont give her a good heart and caring personality,,,

its just another big pi££ing contest, my wifes a doctor, my wife this,,,,

i married a poor rice farmers daughter who just happens to have a heart of gold and a great personality,great mother to our children,,

and to cap it all can look after our farm while im offshore,,

get a grip man, there are good beautiful ladys all over,, even the ones without degrees

try tesco and big c, go there and look round while doing your shoping

• Like 2

i married a poor rice farmers daughter who just happens to have a heart of gold and a great personality,great mother to our children,,

You forgot beautiful .... which she is!

thank you AOA,

I didnt want to sound big headed,,,lol

shes bloody great and i tell her every day,

im in angola at the moment so can only tell her by skype,,lol

1. It's nice to hear that you're happy but we all have our own preferences about who we wish to spend our lives with and your preferences are not the preferences of everyone else. It's quite possible for you to make a good choice about your partner and for somebody else to make an equally good but completely different choice about their partner; if you read the OP, it is clearly about his desires, not about other people's (poor) choices.

2. Marrying someone who has an education does not entail marrying someone who is not beautiful and/or not kind. It's possible to have more than one thing going for you.

Edited by Zooheekock

Met my wife at a social function a number of years ago and fortunately she was able to speak a little English. At the time I spoke a little Thai so between us we managed to get to know each other and eventually married. She is educated, comes from Isaan and has been teaching the Thai language in government schools for 28 years.

She has many co-workers, who are looking to marry men from outside Thailand. They are teachers but like my wife initially, they speak limited English. They are from Isaan also but are well regarded in society owing to their positions. If you want to know more then feel free to PM me. If you are so inclined you can detail what you are looking for and maybe, with the help of my wife, you could find a woman who you are prepared meet and then from there, who knows?

Just remember one thing, never let anyone know how well off you are, but you can always tell them that you are able to look after them and care for them as you grow older together. They are looking for security, something many have never experienced from their prior marriages to a Thai man. Another thing, nearly all Thai women consider themselves to be old from 35 up. Despite this some are still very beautiful, hold themselves well and if you care for them and do not play around then like I did, you will find a women will care for you and put you before all others.

Edited by Si Thea01
  • Like 2

1. It's nice to hear that you're happy but we all have our own preferences about who we wish to spend our lives with and your preferences are not the preferences of everyone else. It's quite possible for you to make a good choice about your partner and for somebody else to make an equally good but completely different choice about their partner; if you read the OP, it is clearly about his desires, not about other people's (poor) choices.

2. Marrying someone who has an education does not entail marrying someone who is not beautiful and/or not kind. It's possible to have more than one thing going for you.

1. i understand that, i can read,(just not spell to well),

but to put having a good job and a degree before a good heart and personality, wouldnt be for me,

but each to there own

but to put having a good job and a degree before a good heart and personality, wouldnt be for me,

but each to there own

I was just looking for a slim woman with a nice bum and good legs.

You two are making me feel shallow!

AOA

you forgot to mention good in bed and can cook,,lol

but each to there own

I was just looking for a slim woman with a nice bum and good legs.

You two are making me feel shallow!

AOA

you forgot to mention good in bed and can cook,,lol

I do my own cooking!

The smartest Thai women get foreign husbands. They may work for hire from a bar or as a store clerk, but are smart enough, often smarter than the foreigner, and he then lucks out, has the dim realization to know of his luck and to cooperate with it (thus with her), and the two live well after.

If you want a middle class, mildly educated Thai woman under 30, forget that. After age 30, meet them at schools, colleges, and temples. But remember that no self respecting Thai will want a foreigner unless she has gotten VERY realistic about her marriage chances, and that number will be real but very small.

If you want a total world of hurt, hang out in classy clubs above teenage clients...... you can get a HiSo woman to toy with you, hee hee.

Getting a good compatible Thai wife is a campaign.... it must be planned, researched, tested, refined, tested again, and done with no romantic illusions and no fear that the woman is out to take your money. I recommend, as someone who did such a campaign--twelve happily married years ago--and my campaign took me three years and three nations. If you cant put in the effort and your own attitude adjustments, just play because you are just not that lucky without effort.wai.gif

• Like 1

Spot on. Wasn't being judgmental. Each to his own and good luck. By educated I really meant someone with options, a bit of life experience and maybe some aspirations. Puts things on a more equal footing.

Bit surprised that some would consider 56 so over the hill, guess that depends on your viewpoint. Trust me, It comes round pretty quick. Age appropriate was at least implied in the post so don't now why Gary Glitter needed to be brought into the discussion. Great to get so much response though.

• Like 1

Move in the right circles as you would in Europe.

You would not go down the docks or 'prostitute alley' to fine a good woman in Europe. The same applies here.

Away 100% from the likes of Pattaya and Phuket to get a good woman.

Where to find? That is not an easy one to answer. Up North (not Issan) I found good women. Teachers, generally educated people who wanted a good man. One whose family are well to do Chulankorn University lecturers found me.

I found some dating sites can be good once you are discerning and know how to sort the wheat from the chaff.

I had a nice chat with a very pleasant lady doctor at one of the Pattaya hospitals. Also one or two nurses.

Daft as a brush.

my % question refers to education where actual learning takes place and not to places that pass students for breathing.

what is the point of educating someone if the education is nothing more than a piece of paper to show?

How and where would you meet real grown up educated Thai women? Anybody had experience?

Arrange yourself according to the social season. Hold debutante balls, dinner parties and large charity events. Spend time in the city rather than in your country house, whilst you await the beau monde to reciprocate invitations.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

Daft as a brush.

my % question refers to education where actual learning takes place and not to places that pass students for breathing.

what is the point of educating someone if the education is nothing more than a piece of paper to show?

This is Thailand, pointless is all that's available.