Settlement visa help

Me and the wife are looking at starting our visa application for settlement in the UK she had a visa back in 2006 and we lived in the UK for 2 and a half years we returned to Thailand in late 2008 a year later we had a daughter in Thailand who now has a British passport and Birth cert I have been going back to the UK for work doing the 6 month here and 6 month UK I am self-employed back in the UK and this year have made 20,146 pounds gross pay question is will this be enough for the visa think we will have to apply after the 5th of April for this years tax return is this correct? also have seen now she will have to do a English test for listening and speaking anyone know of costs for this? regards Jim......

As your daughter has a British passport and so will not be applying for a visa, she is not included in the financial requirement.

The minimum income required for one applicant is £18,600 p.a.; so from what you say you meet this requirement.

However, the rules etc. for self employed and what evidence they must supply can be complicated; have a careful read of 9. Self-employment or Director of a specified limited company in the UK of the financial appendix.

Then feel free to ask for further help if needed.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the cost of taking the A1 English test in Thailand.

You may also find UK settlement visa basics helpful.