90-day Address Reporting - The First Time

I've been on 1-year extensions to a non-immigrant B visa for years, but when Immigration reactivated the 90-day reporting regulation I never got around to doing it.

Does anyone have experience with reporting for the first time after being in the country a few years? I don't relish the thought of a 200-baht per day fine going back 2 or 3 years.

Thanks.

I've been on 1-year extensions to a non-immigrant B visa for years, but when Immigration reactivated the 90-day reporting regulation I never got around to doing it.

Does anyone have experience with reporting for the first time after being in the country a few years? I don't relish the thought of a 200-baht per day fine going back 2 or 3 years.

Thanks.

the max fine is 2000 baht that you will actually pay...i've been nailed once.

strange, you have been granted one year extensions, that is when they usually grab you if you haven't reported every 90 days.

when exactly was your last entry into thailand? has it been 2 to 3 years?

if in bangkok immigration, first go to room 401, they will send you to another building to pay the fine and get a stamp in your passport, bring the paid fine receipt back to room 401 and report your address. your address reporting receipt will then be stapled into your passport.

It has usually only been a 2,000 baht fine but seem to recall someone posting a higher figure for something, perhaps 10,000 baht, but not sure what it was about or even if true. I suspect they will only hit you with 2,000 baht if you show up. If anyone has done recently chime in.

It has usually only been a 2,000 baht fine but seem to recall someone posting a higher figure for something, perhaps 10,000 baht, but not sure what it was about or even if true. I suspect they will only hit you with 2,000 baht if you show up. If anyone has done recently chime in.

Actually, I had never heard of a per-day fine until I saw it at http://www.thaivisa.com/315.0.html - that's what got me worried.

the max fine is 2000 baht that you will actually pay...i've been nailed once.

strange, you have been granted one year extensions, that is when they usually grab you if you haven't reported every 90 days.

when exactly was your last entry into thailand? has it been 2 to 3 years?

if in bangkok immigration, first go to room 401, they will send you to another building to pay the fine and get a stamp in your passport, bring the paid fine receipt back to room 401 and report your address. your address reporting receipt will then be stapled into your passport.

I've been in and out of Thailand twice a year, so my last entry was last November. At the time the 90-day reporting rule was revived, I worked for a state enterprise. Nobody at Immigration (the one-stop room for journalists, missionaries and government workers at Bangkok office) mentioned it to me, so I figured maybe it didn't apply to government workers.

Subsequently, I transferred to a public company and had to extend my visa at the ground floor office like everyone else. I saw signs on the wall about 90-day reporting, but still no one has mentioned it to me.