How many members do you have on 'ignore'?

Gecko123

I suppose if someone was an utter <deleted> I would....only one I ever added was a troll on the footy forum...and he got the boot a while ago thankfully.

I just didn't go in the footy forum while that troll was active. It was pointless

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I got one, and I put them on ignore just so I wouldn't get banned for dishing some shit out and that was years ago.

Don't always agree with other posters, and certainly have run ins, but it's just part and parcel of it.

That's true, but there are posters who say things to you that they would not dare do to your face, I believe the name for them is keyboard warriors.

I think I got one, and I put them on ignore just so I wouldn't get banned for dishing some shit out and that was years ago.

Don't always agree with other posters, and certainly have run ins, but it's just part and parcel of it.

That's true, but there are posters who say things to you that they would not dare do to your face, I believe the name for them is keyboard warriors.

I'm obviously not on your ignore list then, lol.

None.

Only delicate, easily bruised, wimps put people on ignore.

So if some poster threatened to head butt you for just having an opinion, he would not go on your ignore list? I wish there was a function for finding out members addresses.

None.

So if some poster threatened to head butt you for just having an opinion, he would not go on your ignore list? I wish there was a function for finding out members addresses.

lol sounds like you should be the one on ignore

None.

As I said, only easily bruised etc. etc.

None.

I have no doubt I am on some posters ignore list, but nothing will stop me saying things as I see it, of course I can be wrong like anyone else, but will never fall out with anyone or be abusive just because someone does not agree with me.

None.

As I said, only easily bruised etc. etc.

It takes all kinds to make a world, and I will never accept threats of violence. Oh wait, is this not supposed to be a sort of happy forum? 'Oh what a beautiful morning, Oh what a beautiful day'.

None.

I have no doubt I am on some posters ignore list, but nothing will stop me saying things as I see it, of course I can be wrong like anyone else, but will never fall out with anyone or be abusive just because someone does not agree with me.

Haha. Was having a go at you for wanting to know people's addresses

That guy who wangs off about cookies on the dark side. He deserves an ignore from the whole forum.

Anyone that sits back, never starts a thread but enjoys rolling in taking them down is a pathetic &lt;deleted&gt;.

That guy who wangs off about cookies on the dark side. He deserves an ignore from the whole forum.

Anyone that sits back, never starts a thread but enjoys rolling in taking them down is a pathetic <deleted>.

There are many...anyones ...overhere.....some even start topics.....

• 9 months later...

After many months on this forum, have found the need to add someone to my ignore list.

attachicon.gifignore list.png

Does anyone know if you are ignoring someone when it says Hide, or does it need to show Allow?

I Don't know if clicking on Hide enables Hide or disables it.

Clicking on hide will "hide" it, activate it to hide the post.

Figured it out soon after I made post #78 - Here's how:
1) Before doing anything - Have the webpage with a post from the user you want to ignore. Make a note of the member name and the post number. e.g. post #32.
2) On a separate tab/webpage go to your TVF profile page, click on your 'manage ignore preferences'.
3) Enter Member's name you want to ignore in the box 'Member name'
4) check the box 'posts', 'signature', and 'messages' as appropriate.
5) click on 'save' changes. That's it. You are now ignoring all posts (and signature and messages if you clicked these). Note that if you are ignoring all posts, 'show' signature does not have any effect. Signature will still be hidden. Note you have to click on 'Save changes', otherwise it does not have any effect.
6) refresh webpage you had open in (1)
7) check if the post number you made a note in (1) is still there. It should be gone...See pic below. You should also see a message "This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by ....", where the post should have been.
post-232297-0-54019300-1443761265_thumb.

Clicking on hide will "hide" it, activate it to hide the post.

Actually clicking on 'hide', will toggle 'show'. Then clicking on 'save changes' will start showing the posts.
Confusing!. It is for me anyway.
Edited by meltingpot2015

This is an old thread, suddenly reborn. I may have written something about this a few pages back, but at the risk of repeating myself ...during the run-up to the "regime change", the posts on these forums were getting very bitter, personal, and nasty. We all have our opinions, which count for nothing because we are foreigners. I started making an" ignore" collection, which grew to 16 pages of about 25 names per page. Then, after a while I started to notice that posters whose names I had chosen to ignore started to re-appear. Perhaps I 'broke" the feature. It's no longer working as it did. I'm sure my name is probably on a lot of users ignore lists. It's an honor.

Now, it seems that the general discourse here has become somewhat more civil, maybe due in part to the moderators being more active. Also, I only recently heard that ThaiVisa is now under new ownership, so that may be a factor. So now, when I see one of the names from my old list, I just scroll on by.

I have noticed that some members who were so supportive of the Big ShakeUp are now starting to change their tune.

Nothing lasts forever. May it pass quickly. Sic Semper Tyrranis.

Edited by Frank James